Receiving Large Payments OUTSIDE Ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-22-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Receiving Large Payments OUTSIDE Ebay

I'm looking to sell some things OUTSIDE of Ebay that will fetch a considerable amount of money (~$200) per transaction. I realize that suddenly having a large amount transaction would raise red flags with PP, so what is the safest route to accepting this payment? I can think of a few options...

1. Making a listing on Ebay and have the buyer pay me through there instead to make it look like a normal Ebay transaction.
2. Have the buyer send it to me as a gift or payment owed on PP.

I've searched through the forums a bit before posting this and it seems like people are suggesting option #2 is a no-no with PP? What do you guys think?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

If it is outside ebay then there are plenty of other payment processors that are cheaper and way more efficient? Does it have to be paypal? Why even go with the ebay route? Need a lot more info
Old 08-22-2011

Longevity: 76%

Is this a stealth and non ssn verified PP account?

I have a real verified PP account that I regularly receive multi thousand $ payments on with no ?s asked.
Old 08-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Just send them a payment invoice and let them pay it. why such a concern. I do this many times per week. No issues and never have had any. 1/2 my sales are directly through my paypal invoices.

Paypal is a payment platform, not just for ebay. who cares what ebay thinks.

As long as you arent using the ebay emails to make a sale then you are good to go.
Old 08-22-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yes this is a stealth account, non SSN verified but everything else is verified.
And yes, it has to be PP, because it's the only payment processor these buyers have.
Well I'm just concerned because on my last stealth account, my account immediately got permanently limited after receiving a $350 payment through Ebay. What if what I am selling is all digital? Does the payment invoice method still work? I won't be shipping anything out so should I provide a bogus tracking number to PP?
Old 08-22-2011

Longevity: 78%

If it's a SUDDEN spike in sales then Paypal will be suspicious. If this is a well or at least decently established account though then you will be fine. Like others have said, Paypal can be used on it's own, it doesn't have to be eBay only.
Old 08-22-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Well I've had this account for the past month, and so far it's had over $400 in sales on Ebay, with each transaction only being $70 or so.
Old 08-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

To be honest, I cant give you the answer as I dont sell digital items. If I were in your situation what I would do is simply call paypal and talk to them. Tell them you are concerned about protection of larger payments for digital items and see what they say.

Approach it as a question about security and not just how much can I make with out getting suspended or limited.

They are very helpful in the times that I have contacted them for issues somewhat similar.
Old 08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by adl0816 View Post
Well I've had this account for the past month, and so far it's had over $400 in sales on Ebay, with each transaction only being $70 or so.
Based on that I'd say you're ok. Anything more than receiving more than 2x $200 though and I'd be a little nervous.
Old 08-22-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrad View Post
Based on that I'd say you're ok. Anything more than receiving more than 2x $200 though and I'd be a little nervous.
Not sure what you mean... so what you're saying is that I shouldn't accept any payments larger than $400 for the time being? Or do you mean something else?
Old 08-22-2011

Quote:
Not sure what you mean... so what you're saying is that I shouldn't accept any payments larger than $400 for the time being? Or do you mean something else?
Yeah pretty much. I meant that you probably shouldn't accept more than two payments of $200 (or more than one payment of $400).
I'm not sure how often you will be receiving these $200+ payments though, if it's once a week you're fine. What I meant was that I wouldn't accept more than two payments of $200 on the same day on that account. That's just a much too large jump.

The safest way to play it in my opinion is to get a $200 payment and wait a week before getting another of that size. This way Paypal will get used to you receiving that amount and pretty soon you can receive $200 twice a week and more.
Old 08-22-2011

Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
Just send them a payment invoice and let them pay it. why such a concern. I do this many times per week. No issues and never have had any. 1/2 my sales are directly through my paypal invoices.

Paypal is a payment platform, not just for ebay. who cares what ebay thinks.

As long as you arent using the ebay emails to make a sale then you are good to go.
Why is that a bad thing? i've done it several times.. no problems
Old 08-22-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrad View Post
Yeah pretty much. I meant that you probably shouldn't accept more than two payments of $200 (or more than one payment of $400).
I'm not sure how often you will be receiving these $200+ payments though, if it's once a week you're fine. What I meant was that I wouldn't accept more than two payments of $200 on the same day on that account. That's just a much too large jump.

The safest way to play it in my opinion is to get a $200 payment and wait a week before getting another of that size. This way Paypal will get used to you receiving that amount and pretty soon you can receive $200 twice a week and more.
Oh gotcha. That was what I had in mind too.
Old 08-22-2011

Activity: 1%

Quote:
Yes this is a stealth account, non SSN verified but everything else is verified.
And yes, it has to be PP, because it's the only payment processor these buyers have.
Well I'm just concerned because on my last stealth account, my account immediately got permanently limited after receiving a $350 payment through Ebay. What if what I am selling is all digital? Does the payment invoice method still work? I won't be shipping anything out so should I provide a bogus tracking number to PP?
Bogus tracking number is a no no paypal is going to be looking for it to be DELIVERED..
you could just send them a CD of the digital item via MAIL with tracking after you email what ever it is etc.. best bet..
Old 08-23-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman91189 View Post
Bogus tracking number is a no no paypal is going to be looking for it to be DELIVERED..
you could just send them a CD of the digital item via MAIL with tracking after you email what ever it is etc.. best bet..
Alright thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
Old 08-23-2011

Quote:
That is a good idea. Paypal will usually roll over to anyone who can provide a legit tracking # that shows delivery.
Old 08-23-2011

Paypal is like any processor - if they see strange payments going in all of a sudden they go into self defence mode. How do you think legitimate powersellers go on? They have large amounts of large payments. You just have to fit the profile. As KingRay said call them and discuss it and then they will be expecting it

Old 08-23-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
I'm looking to sell some things OUTSIDE of Ebay that will fetch a considerable amount of money (~$200) per transaction. I realize that suddenly having a large amount transaction would raise red flags with PP, so what is the safest route to accepting this payment? I can think of a few options...

1. Making a listing on Ebay and have the buyer pay me through there instead to make it look like a normal Ebay transaction.
2. Have the buyer send it to me as a gift or payment owed on PP.

I've searched through the forums a bit before posting this and it seems like people are suggesting option #2 is a no-no with PP? What do you guys think?
If the paypal is less than 1 month old then don't do it. Chances you will be flagged. If you can do it through ebay then do it as its much safer.
Old 08-23-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Alright, sounds good.
Old 08-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Why is that a bad thing? i've done it several times.. no problems
Basically the obvious. If you give ebay a record of you making a sale off ebay then you are busted. they will suspend you for that.
all it will take is a rep to see it. or a buyer that see that big message on each email that says "can be suspended for dealing other than auctions" Not exact wording but something like that.

Also, when doing that many people wont get the emails if they contain certain things like:

email address, (not always but happens)
phrases that use "fees", "paypal invoice" "direct sale"

actually there are many things that they look for and just delete so they dont lose money. I have tested this on many account in the past just to see and 80% of the time the buyer doesnt even get the email when using certain words. I have listed them on this forum in the past.

Dont give them anything to use against you and email record is 100% a record or your dealings. Use your real email account if doing this.
Old 08-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Actually, pa yp al WITHOUT eb ay is better than the combo - it's the eb tie that actually dictates a lot of problems with the pp.