Wrong Bank for withdrawal used - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-03-2011
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Send a message via MSN to EGYfromhell Send a message via Yahoo to EGYfromhell Send a message via Skype™ to EGYfromhell
Default Wrong Bank for withdrawal used

I have 2 US bank accounts in my PP i made a withdraw to the wrong bank, can I call pp and ask them to cancel it so I can withdraw to right bank account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

How do I cancel an add funds transfer?
Question :
Answer :
Once you have requested an add funds transfer unfortunately there is no way to cancel or stop our representation to your bank. This is an automatic process initiated when you confirm your request to add funds.

from the paypal us site. I've tried B4 and had no luck . Sorry for that news.
EGYfromhell (09-03-2011)
Old 09-03-2011
Banned
Threadstarter  

Send a message via MSN to EGYfromhell Send a message via Yahoo to EGYfromhell Send a message via Skype™ to EGYfromhell

Do you have any idea what will happen when the money will come back to account coz the bank rejected to get it? I know they will disable this bank account, but what about the account is it going to be limited access? if not, can I withdraw on the second bank account that I have on PP and it also verified!!
Old 09-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Money will come back in - account should not go limited ONLY for this - if you have other issues, then it may be. I have had this happen once - did not affect the account of itself.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
EGYfromhell (09-03-2011)
Old 09-03-2011
Banned
Threadstarter  

great thanks
Old 09-03-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

I doubt the account will be limited, but the money will come back. Im talking from personal experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to FandangoKango For This Useful Post:
EGYfromhell (09-03-2011)
Old 09-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Funds get 'credited' back to paypal. Keep an eye on your balance. Couple times I did the same there was no emails. (NOT that I ever like paypal addressed emails). Should be OK to transfer.
Old 09-03-2011
MU

Longevity: 75%

You will be fine.
Old 09-03-2011

Longevity: 76%

It's easily done - I did it last week. I had to cash out for someone I sell for so I sent him his chunk then went to download my miniscule % - sent it to him!!!

He'll be short next week!!
Old 09-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
How do I cancel an add funds transfer?
Question :
Answer :
Once you have requested an add funds transfer unfortunately there is no way to cancel or stop our representation to your bank. This is an automatic process initiated when you confirm your request to add funds.

from the paypal us site. I've tried B4 and had no luck . Sorry for that news.
GreenBean™ but this is the add funds from bank to Paypal option and not the withdraw funds to bank account....It happens the same on withdrawals?
Old 09-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

I checked it 3 times before I posted. Checked US, UK & Australia sites too.

Transfers FROM paypal to a bank account are not stopable. Reverse is same. Few banks could cancel an eletronic transfer per se. (Other action would be needed)

And it stands to reason. ('Cept paypal has no reason). Electronic funds transfers are neither part of a paypal balance nor part of a bank account balance. The value has been removed
Old 09-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

How do I cancel a withdrawal?
Question :
Answer :
Unfortunately, once you’ve requested a withdrawal from your PayPal account, it can’t be canceled.

Slighlty different wording. On paypal AU site.....downer if an error is made

It's typical paypal talk too. The words differ on each site. So when you try HELP (or lack of), it can be confusing to get a correct reply.
Old 09-03-2011

Quote:
I checked it 3 times before I posted. Checked US, UK & Australia sites too.

Transfers FROM paypal to a bank account are not stopable. Reverse is same. Few banks could cancel an eletronic transfer per se. (Other action would be needed)

And it stands to reason. ('Cept paypal has no reason). Electronic funds transfers are neither part of a paypal balance nor part of a bank account balance. The value has been removed
True...I knew it was almost impossible for banks to do it specially when the operation is concluded and not on the run. But i didn´t knew for Paypal....Anyway, a rejection from the bank could be because of a stealth name used for example? I say this because Paypal says that name has to be excatly the same regarding withdrawals....
Old 09-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Banks may reject on a name. When I worked in a clearing house, we never rejected a deposit on that basis. Usual practice was to 'reject' if an account had incorrect numbers.

But, regardless, the banks put those funds into suspense accounts AND take interest. Our prime concern was to balance the takings for that day. And to make sure funds were earning interest for the bank & shareholders.
Paypal does make the statement names must be correct. It's their contribution to go along with various regulations in force in the countries they operate.

I've mentioned elsewhere that my transfers are fequently in stoopid names. Was SO upset tnoone picked up the transfer in the name of The Cow Jumped over The Moon. I do that deliberately. As you know, it's not a branch that does the transactions. All other details are correct & the funds make it to my account.:D
clife (09-03-2011)
Old 09-03-2011

Quote:
Banks may reject on a name. When I worked in a clearing house, we never rejected a deposit on that basis. Usual practice was to 'reject' if an account had incorrect numbers.

But, regardless, the banks put those funds into suspense accounts AND take interest. Our prime concern was to balance the takings for that day. And to make sure funds were earning interest for the bank & shareholders.
Paypal does make the statement names must be correct. It's their contribution to go along with various regulations in force in the countries they operate.

I've mentioned elsewhere that my transfers are fequently in stoopid names. Was SO upset tnoone picked up the transfer in the name of The Cow Jumped over The Moon. I do that deliberately. As you know, it's not a branch that does the transactions. All other details are correct & the funds make it to my account.:D
LOL i would be upset too...It´s a great name i´m envy!

Thanks for all the info man..really precious
Old 09-04-2011
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGYfromhell View Post
Do you have any idea what will happen when the money will come back to account coz the bank rejected to get it? I know they will disable this bank account, but what about the account is it going to be limited access? if not, can I withdraw on the second bank account that I have on PP and it also verified!!

I've seen paypal limit the account permanently because of this.....
Old 09-04-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Now I know why I am so paranoid and check and double check before I click anything.

This could cost someone a ton of money.

Be careful for now on.

I am thinking it will come back and once you try to withdraw to the correct you will get the million questions before it lets you.

Hope not.