Buyer wants to leave me 27 neg feedback.... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-06-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Buyer wants to leave me 27 neg feedback....

Ok i have over 400 feedback a month all positive and all my dsr is good 4.96 all across the board. Any who i had a buyer who bought two items from me in july. They showed deliverd but they emailed me saying they never got them so i said fine ill reship but this time i used sig conformation.

So they got them and about 10 days later they started to bid more. They won another 7 lots. Let me explain all my itmes are the same so if they got the first two lots witch they did they would know what all the rest they were getting would be like. Well they won six and paid for them i shiped them with sig conformation they got them and after this they started bidding again. They then won over 20 lots. They paid for all of them at one time so i could save them on shipping. Again dileverd and they signed for them.

So today i get a message from them on ebay saying that they dont like the items and they want all there money back and i should have no troulbe reselling them. Well i offer a 7 day money back 100% sat guarantee. Well its been over two months from the first lot they won and its been over 20 days after the other lots. And now they want there money back.

They did not leave any feedback so this is were my problem is. The total bill is well over 1k and u can see how this can kill me. I am a power seller and a top rated seller and if they leave me all bad feedback and bad dsr will it end me or will it just be a a speed bump.

I offed them a partial refund just waiting to her back from them. I am afraid they will send me back a box of bricks and scam me out of the money and the items if i offer to give them a full refund. So i want to stand my ground with the idea of a partial refund and they keep them.

So i need advice on what i should do as this accould is going great for me. Thanks guys.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

If one buyer leaves you 27 negative feedbacks using one account, that's not going to hurt you at all. Only the first one will be counted towards your feedback percentage and DSR rating. For now, block this buyer from able to bid more of your items. Did the buyer blackmail you in anyways saying that he will leave negative feedbacks if you do not do as he says?
Old 09-06-2011
Threadstarter  

No they have not told me the black mail thing i am hoping they will so i can play the feedback extortion card. But if u say that only one of them gets coulted per buyer them i will tell thethat they have to eather take a partial refund or im sorry. But i know it will still show up as 27 low dsr ratings but ur saying that only one will count?
Old 09-06-2011

Longevity: 80%

Yes, only 1 will count. It's "unique" feedback only.

If they are messaging you through ebay, you can have ALL that feedback removed by eBay for extortion.
Old 09-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The only problem I can see is if they claim the item is a counterfeit. PayPal and eBay almost always side with the buyers in such cases, whether or not it is true.
Old 09-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Items are not vero at all. And all of the thousands i have sold evry one likes them only one nutral feedback.

So i am guessing there is no way even if they say its not what they thought they were getting but they had the first shipment for over two months.
Old 09-06-2011

Longevity: 78%

From Ebay

What if I buy multiple items from the same seller or sell multiple items to the same buyer?

You should leave Feedback for each sale. However, we calculate the other member's Feedback score differently depending on whether the sales occurred in the same week. For Feedback purposes, we define a week as Monday through Sunday, Pacific Time.

If the sales occurred in different weeks

Each rating can affect the member's Feedback score by 1 point.
A positive rating raises a buyer or seller's Feedback score by 1 point. A negative rating lowers a seller's Feedback score by 1 point.

If the sales occurred in the same week

Sellers: We raise or lower the seller's Feedback score by a total of 1 point, based on the total number of positives and negatives left by the buyer.

If the seller receives more negatives than positives from the same buyer in the same week, the seller's Feedback score is lowered by 1 point.

If the seller receives more positives than negatives from the same buyer in the same week, the seller's Feedback score is raised by 1 point.

If a seller receives the same number of negatives and positives from the same buyer in the same week, the sellers' Feedback score does not change.

For $1000 I'd have an Attorney write them back off letter. They do it all the time so it shouldn't cost much, i'd call around. Also do your own googling, get their personal info and call. Consider filing a police report, this is way too much money. Not sure why you would sell to any customer more than one time within any 60 day period your customers should be blocked right when they order then unblocked later. Maybe you can instigate him into leaving feedback all at once otherwise number of neg feedbacks depends upon when the auctions ended, not when the buyer paid
Old 09-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak View Post
Items are not vero at all. And all of the thousands i have sold evry one likes them only one nutral feedback.

So i am guessing there is no way even if they say its not what they thought they were getting but they had the first shipment for over two months.
You sound like a great seller, very trusting. So sorry this is happening to you
Old 09-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

You have been set-up by some sort of scam.... I would maybe call ebay or paypal....
Old 09-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Have you spoken to the buyer or just exchanged emails?

Appears to be an attempt to scam you.

Even though you have a defined refund policy, ebay will side with the buyer....

Re-value what you said ( for the moment).
Old 09-07-2011

Longevity: 76%

Just stand your ground. Explain In messages politely, and call them out for there actions if they open a dispute. If they have not escalated the situation to a dispute, I would call their bluff!
Old 09-07-2011

Longevity: 76%

Good luck though keep us posted!
Old 09-07-2011

Send a message via ICQ to xdirc Send a message via AIM to xdirc Send a message via MSN to xdirc Send a message via Yahoo to xdirc

Sounds like a bunch of bull**** to me. Either the person thought they would be able to sell them at a much higher rate than what he bought. And after 2 months its just not working the way he/she wanted. Or.. Its been a total scam for the beginning. I mean because if he never left any feedback, then he left that open for a reason. Had already planned this out.

I would think of something really good to say. Maybe to try to get them to slip up that way it blatantly spells out an extortion or scam in the messages. Think of police tactics. They say certain things that are well planned and thought out. Why? Because its not what you say, but how you say it. Police will have some thought out key words or phrases that they use, cause it then gets the person thats under interrogation to say exactly what the police want, and its recorded, therefore they can win their case in court.

Granted, in this situation it may be a little more difficult, because instead of just being put on the spot and just blurting something out, the person behind the computer gets to think about what they will say.

Its still ****ty either way, because it HAS been 2 months. And they kept ordering and ordering and ordering more. Not sure if its a legit account or if you have invoices for the items. But maybe contact eBay seller support for advice. That way it is atleast noted in the system, kind of like a paper trail. I'm pretty sure that eBay customer service is just like any other customer service company out there. When a person calls in, the rep takes notes that become visible to all reps in event that you call back.

Keep us posted..
Old 09-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Edit: Advice repeated by other folx on the board - good advice ongoing.
Old 09-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok from what u all are telling i should stand my ground. So i think thats what im going to do if they dont want a partial refund then then i will tell them sorry.

I will keep u guys posted on the situation. thanks again for all ur help.
Old 09-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

It's not a matter of just standing your ground.

It's a matter of getting a resolution that does least damage to your account.

Have you considered that angle?

Have you tried to contact the buyer by phone?

Because if by chance there's a non-working phone number, that might be a plus for you in trying to attempt resolution....
Old 09-07-2011
Threadstarter  

I emaild them and offerd the partial refund but have not herd back yet. Dont jave there pn. But i want resolution i just dont want to be bullied because they jave all the feedback and dsr levrage on me.
Old 09-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Then FIND their phone number. Dont you know how to do that?
Old 09-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

What i think you Should do is Keep Constantly Communicatinmg with them Through the Ebay Message System,,DO NOT Use ANY Other Form of Communication Outside of Ebays Control,,

In the Meantime Since there is No VERO Worries, you should Call The Powerseller Customer Service Dept and Explain The Whole story and ask them for assistance,,Hopefully you get a Good Ebay rep who might offer you some Guidance,,

The WORST Thing that can Happen is a Dispute,,,That is why I am advising you to get this incident on Record with an Ebay Rep,, Because in a Dispute this can Be VERY Helpful,,along with all the Messages,,Especially if he Tries to Blackmail you or makes any other Stupid Comment,,,The more he communicates with you the Greater the chance of him saying something that can hurt him,,

At the very WORST Ebay will clearly see that you are trying to Satisify the Customer,,,,,and this can Help you in a formal Dispute

The LAST thing you need to concern yourself with is Negative Feedback, for all the Reasons stated here

Tricky situation I Know,,,But there is VERY Little that you can Do,,,
Melissa1971 (09-08-2011), Stigger (09-08-2011)
Old 09-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Im calling ebay now and will see what they can tell me thanks again guys
Old 09-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Well they got back to me today and said the offer i made them with the partial refund was a good deal so for now im good we will see if they keep there work on the feedback ill keep all of u posted.
Old 09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak View Post
Well they got back to me today and said the offer i made them with the partial refund was a good deal so for now im good we will see if they keep there work on the feedback ill keep all of u posted.
That doesn't necessarily mean they are going to back you up on this partial refund thing but I wish you the best You are not me but...
I'd be turning them in about now, there is a form you can use to report them. Also contacting Trust and Safety Dept about them AFTER I phoned buyer about my concern the crime of theft may be taking place in their home, a kid by chance got a hold of their account? Cause I'd hate to have to file a police report. But maybe that is why my only two claims were reversed, neg feedback was my last concern. Getting them banned was my first. Ebay kept trying to suffice me with "We've reversed the outcome" so what??? I thought. No patience for these scammers And I mean ebay itself, not the customer :D

Last edited by Melissa1971; 09-08-2011 at 12:13 PM.