Does eBay link accounts systematically or manually? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-22-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Does eBay link accounts systematically or manually?

I recently got a restricted selling account as a power seller for a reason I still have not discovered. I tried to call customer support and they gave me no specifics, and eventually hung up on me and I wasn't even rude. In fact, they were rude to me. I'm not an idiot, and I know the rules and I did nothing wrong. Anyway, they said it won't be lifted. I plan to write to corporate and many other eBay departments to get my account back before I spend the time and effort to stealth.

But my question is this:

Does anyone know if eBay automatically links accounts through system software recognition or is it done manually by monitoring your IP address and everything else? If it is the latter, then what is stopping me from making an account, selling a few things, and then once it gets canned, then making another and repeating the process over and over?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Your seller's dashboard should give you a picture of the state of your account.

No powerseller would be lacking an ideas of what went wrong. Usually the notice of suspension has a number MCxxxxx. Pretty sure the notice did not just say Brad you are outta ebay permanently.

Bit more info on the actual notice might help.

ebay has an intricate formula to discern info about its users. Burn & turn approach is doomed. Too much hard work
Old 09-23-2011

Longevity: 76%

neither.....they do it magically
Old 09-23-2011
Threadstarter  

I had a couple listings removed with MC999. Listings that I called into eBay and checked if they were ok, and was told directly by eBay people that the listings were ok. I sent them the item number directly, and they said it is ok to list. But those notices never said I was restricted. They just said that my listings were removed and in the future list them in another category. I promise that is all.

I only found out I was restricted when I tried to list another item. I'm trying to tell someone at eBay that these exact listings were given the ok by eBay reps, but they won't let me talk to someone. It is infuriating.

But I really would like to know if they link accounts automatically or manually. By automatically I mean they have software that automatically recognizes the similarities and it is done through the system without any eBay employees doing it themselves. Or do eBay employees have to physically place it themselves?
Old 09-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Oh, and in case you want my Seller Dashboard general info:

Performance is Top-Rated
PowerSeller is Bronze
Discount is 20%
Compliance is High with an exclamation point(where I see the restriction if I click)
Account Status is current

Item as described 4.99 0.00% (0)
Communication 4.96 0.15% (1)
Shipping time 4.98 0.00% (0)
Shipping and handling charges 5.00 0.00% (0)

Those are my ratings. The (1) for communication happened last year, so that has no bearing on my resctriction.
Old 09-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Does anyone have experience going stealth with eBay mobile? I see a lot of listings posted on accounts(from brand new to old) using eBay mobile. I wouldn't have to worry about the IP address and cookies if I use a phone to post listings if the phone is registered under the same number and name I register the eBay and Paypal account for, correct?
Old 09-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Do you intend to go stealth?

What is your specific plan?
Old 09-23-2011
Threadstarter  

I don't own a business. I'm above a casual seller, but below the upper tier sellers. I do rely on the income though. I'm not a year round seller. Some months I'll sell a lot and others I'll go 2 or 3 months without selling a thing. So I'm not going to get all crazy with stealth until I know for 100% certainty that I can't get my restriction removed. If I can't, then I don't plan on going the typical stealth route and being ultra careful and meticulous. To me it isn't worth going through a million loopholes simply to sell. So I want the easiest way possible to sell again assuming I can't get my account back.

Which is why I wanted to know if I can list items using eBay mobile on a friend's phone and friend's account so it won't link back to me. Will that work?

I know everyone says that trying to get your restriction lifted is a lost cause, but I'm going to Andy Dufresne it. I'll write a letter to corporate twice a week for months if I have to until they finally respond. Politely of course. I also plan to constantly email them several times a month until I get a response. I would just move on and let it go, but eBay made it personal by how awfully they treated me and I won't ever let it go.
Old 09-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Your choice.

Dont use a friend's account or phone.

Be responsible for yourself, and you alone. friends & business do not work

Good Luck
colt63 (09-26-2011)