Is Paypal hammering everyone else for their Tax ID? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Is Paypal hammering everyone else for their Tax ID?

Hello fellow Forum members!

Hey is it just me or is Paypal hammering everyone else with endless e-mails about providing your Tax ID?
To be quite frank, they seem to be a little rude in their e-mails. Saying, "Why haven't you contacted us or provided your ID Number yet?"

I can provide the SSN number and suffer no limitations. That seems to be the easy way out and to get the damn monkey off of my back! But on the other hand...I know the Forum is not in favor of such actions and want to keep in compliance with the Forum because I have had so much success.

Any opinions or suggestions would greatly be appreiated!

Thanks again!
waterproof
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Its pretty simple. YOu want to go stealth you need to abandon it and start over. If you want an account that traces to you then go with SSN or EIN. I would not go with EIN unless you have read this forum thoroughly though.
Old 10-11-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I have been with the same Stealth account for 2 1/2 years. If I provided the SSN, it would match the friend that I set my Stealth Ebay/PP up with. Would that trace to me somehow? Thank you for your reply!
Old 10-13-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterproof View Post
Hello fellow Forum members!

Hey is it just me or is Paypal hammering everyone else with endless e-mails about providing your Tax ID?
To be quite frank, they seem to be a little rude in their e-mails. Saying, "Why haven't you contacted us or provided your ID Number yet?"

I can provide the SSN number and suffer no limitations. That seems to be the easy way out and to get the damn monkey off of my back! But on the other hand...I know the Forum is not in favor of such actions and want to keep in compliance with the Forum because I have had so much success.

Any opinions or suggestions would greatly be appreiated!

Thanks again!
waterproof
Yes indeed, Ive been hammered for weeks for those pesky SSN or EIN. Well until today, today accounts were locked from withdraws until SSN provided.

but not limited....
The Following User Says Thank You to macbook For This Useful Post:
waterproof (10-17-2011)
Old 10-13-2011

Longevity: 72%

It is the law. All selling venues must follow the law as well or they will be shut down.
Old 10-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Allegations & secrets would be illegal so dont. Its either use your SSN alone or with the EIN or not. There is no in between or secret way to get around it. Just wait until next year folks. Or maybe the next. You think 20k is bad???. see what might come down the pipeline........ The Business channel touches on it occasionally but until the IRS makes a statement we wont really know for sure. The IRS spokesperson stated that they will see how the reportings go for the 1st year of this rule before any changes will be even discussed.

You watch, they will see the billions created in tax dollars and realize that was just the 1st year and those were just some of the people brave enough to report.

The fly by night "hustlers" as I call them are either going to have to grow up and be a real business or get jobs.
waterproof (10-17-2011)
Old 10-14-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

But I dont want to get a job!
The Following User Says Thank You to FandangoKango For This Useful Post:
Gman91189 (10-29-2011)
Old 10-14-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbook View Post
Yes indeed, Ive been hammered for weeks for those pesky SSN or EIN. Well until today, today accounts were locked from withdraws until SSN provided.

but not limited....
Without hitting $20K? I've had 2 accounts that have received these emails for a couple of months but they are still working fine.
Old 10-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

the middle 2 #'s are the month of birth and the first 3 i believe are the state issuer. but if it's stealth i don't see how it can be verified.
Old 10-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
the middle 2 #'s are the month of birth and the first 3 i believe are the state issuer. but if it's stealth i don't see how it can be verified.
Thats not true, The middle 2 numbers mean nothing about month of birth. My son, daughter wife Nor mine are close to that number.
Old 10-14-2011

Can I use someone elses paypal with their SS and put my EIN? So I can claim the money? paying tax is not a bad thing... getting suspended from paypal because they have your tax info is!!!!!
Old 10-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

I wouldnt try it but if you want to burn a good SSN and a good EIN that you get one of then be my guest. I would not though. Start over.
Old 10-14-2011

Longevity: 84%

That's still illegal if you get caught using someone elses ssn.
Old 10-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
Thats not true, The middle 2 numbers mean nothing about month of birth. My son, daughter wife Nor mine are close to that number.
You are correct, i was wrong.It's actually a region code i believe. google talks about it lol
Old 10-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Yeah I read that too. Something like region code then a group code.
Old 10-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisurf View Post
Can I use someone elses paypal with their SS and put my EIN? So I can claim the money? paying tax is not a bad thing... getting suspended from paypal because they have your tax info is!!!!!
silly idea. Not recommended.

Leave another person's SSN out of anything to do with tax. Make your own EIN & proceed from there.
waterproof (10-18-2011)
Old 10-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
I am really surprised, as to how many people say things without understanding them, or trying to at least verify their claim first.

The only correct thing above is in regards to the first 3 numbers. They are the first 3 digits of the zipcode where your SSN was issued. Now that doesn't mean that it will be the exact zipcode, but it will be the proper state. Remember that verification question they ask "which state issued your SSN"?

Now the rest of the numbers are setup in a specific way. You can find this information and read. The middle two are the ones that can specify the date of issue down to a frame of a couple of years.

All that is just the Offline verification without ever connecting to any database.

Social Security Administration provides a simple service where a potential employer inputs a name and ssn and gets back a match/no match response.

All CR bureaus provide the verification systems where the SSN and DOB as well as the name are verified with a softpull against the credit report data. The running party doesnt see any financial info, just get a returned match/no match for the inputs.

All 3 verifications are automatic and built in the large companies systems(ebay PayPal, etc), no one uses the offline method as far as I know, as it is too simple to verify with above.

Now you don't have to guess how they know. I am pretty sure most thought they just take your word for it
The Following User Says Thank You to op1 For This Useful Post:
waterproof (10-26-2011)
Old 10-17-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

THANKS! At least it is good to know that I MAY not be limited! If I were locked from withdraws or receiveing payments, then I can provide their requestd information.
I appreciate your reply to this thread too!

waterproof

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbook View Post

but not limited....
Old 10-17-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your reply, however I am not a selling venue. I am your typical "sell from the garage and closet seller" with an ocassional buy to sell for for extra gas money, half car payment etc...

What is next?...Paying taxes on our front yard Garage Sales? C'mon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShootingStar View Post
It is the law. All selling venues must follow the law as well or they will be shut down.
Old 10-18-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks again KingRay! I great deal of truth to what you stated below! I have said this before, but what is next...will be litteraly be taxed on our "front yard garage sales"?
Your are right though...wait until they see the incoming taxes for the first year.

Quote:
Allegations & secrets would be illegal so dont. Its either use your SSN alone or with the EIN or not. There is no in between or secret way to get around it. Just wait until next year folks. Or maybe the next. You think 20k is bad???. see what might come down the pipeline........ The Business channel touches on it occasionally but until the IRS makes a statement we wont really know for sure. The IRS spokesperson stated that they will see how the reportings go for the 1st year of this rule before any changes will be even discussed.

You watch, they will see the billions created in tax dollars and realize that was just the 1st year and those were just some of the people brave enough to report.

The fly by night "hustlers" as I call them are either going to have to grow up and be a real business or get jobs.
Old 10-18-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Same here.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Some how they can verify by the last four and your birthday if you sign up for credit karma it only asks for last four and birthday

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk