Can anyone explain why my account is NOT suspended? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-13-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Can anyone explain why my account is NOT suspended?

Hi all,

Can anyone please explain this strange situation :

I have had 2 ebay accounts and 2 paypal accounts for about 2 years.

Let's call them Ebay 1, Ebay 2, Paypal 1 and PayPal 2.

Ebay 1 and Paypal 1 are registered in my name at my mothers address (I also have ID for this addy and a bank acc registered there).

PayPal 1 is linked to my real bank acc (at my mums address).

Ebay 2 and PayPal 2 are registered in my wifes name at our home address (DIFFERENT ADDRESS from Ebay 1 & PP 1).

PayPal 2 is linked to my wifes real bank acc (at our home address).

For some time I sold items via Ebay 1 / Paypal 1 and received a few vero warnings etc (but no suspensions). I decided to let the acc cool and started trading using Ebay 2 / PayPal 2. After a few veros on that acc (even though it was totally different items to Ebay 1) I decided to swap back again.

So, I start selling some high risk (but totally legit) stuff on Ebay 1 / PayPal 1 combination. Do this for about 7 months and PayPal suddenely decide (after a few hundred thousand pounds have gone through) that they don't like high risk goods and put a 30% 90 day retention on the account. Bascially, as my profit margin is small I can't afford to carry on like that.

So, I decided to use PayPal 2 with Ebay 1 - I carried on the business for some months - Selling using Ebay 1 (my acc) but taking payments using PayPal 2 (wifes acc) - Eventually, PayPal decided to limit and put the same 30% 90 day retention on the account.

Long story short - the idiots at eBay screwed me over a bad buyer and I lost a LOT of money! I had no recourse so I stopped logging in to eBay 1 and stopped selling (couldn't afford to carry on). The upshot was that the eBay 1 account eventually got suspended for non payment of selling fees (about £1500 worth).

It remains unpaid and suspended to this day.

Now, here is the strange part - Ebay 2 works perfectly with PayPal 2 - I have bought and sold a few bits on there recently and there have been no warnings or suspensions at all. Even though PayPal 2 has been heavily linked with the suspended eBay 1 account. The addresses are different but the surnames are the same!

Any ideas on why Ebay 2 has not been linked and suspended would be appreciated please?

EDIT: Worth noting that everything that has ever been sold has been legit (the vero warnings were a load of crap and didn't even result in a suspension) - The only suspension reason is non payment of eBay fees.

Last edited by snowy2010uk; 11-13-2011 at 02:55 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-13-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Others will chime in but I can tell you this.

I have a current account with similar issue.

One account with 700 fb, 100%, all dsrs 4.9 or above, power seller, top rated and one account with 54 feedback. An idiot buyer leaves a negative on account 2 because they said the item did not match the description. I got the suspension notice, sent them the info they asked for and the account went down. Account 1 is still up and running and doing well. Account two is still down and asking for payment of fees.

Both accounts have the exact same info, I made the second account to get ready for the holiday season so I could sell more of a like item under a different name.

This has been 5 days ago.

I understand your situation as mine is also odd it has not went down because it surely linked via info, IP etc.

Maybe someone can answer both of our dilemmas because it surely does not make any sense on either case.
Old 11-13-2011

Longevity: 75%

Because you are lucky boy lemons perhaps
Old 11-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Others will chime in but I can tell you this.

I have a current account with similar issue.

One account with 700 fb, 100%, all dsrs 4.9 or above, power seller, top rated and one account with 54 feedback. An idiot buyer leaves a negative on account 2 because they said the item did not match the description. I got the suspension notice, sent them the info they asked for and the account went down. Account 1 is still up and running and doing well. Account two is still down and asking for payment of fees.

Both accounts have the exact same info, I made the second account to get ready for the holiday season so I could sell more of a like item under a different name.

This has been 5 days ago.

I understand your situation as mine is also odd it has not went down because it surely linked via info, IP etc.

Maybe someone can answer both of our dilemmas because it surely does not make any sense on either case.
Same as me - Both accounts have greate (100's) feedback - 98-99% positive !

It doesn't make sense!
Old 11-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
Because you are lucky boy lemons perhaps
LOL! Perhaps but i'm just waiting for the cull!
Old 11-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Seriously though - any ideas?
Old 11-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

owing fees is problematic, they take out forensics on accs to trace. 2 different names and addresses, may have partially stopped an auto-link but, as far as I know, it is cookies and IP that are the real linkers. Now there may have been various factors that broke the chain in terms of auto link, the main one I can see is that you cleared cookies and did not use same IP whilst the link of the 2 accs happened. Auto-link means their bots noting it, but it will all come out IF they manually check, as they will simply see payments taken by pp2 for eb1.

One other warning, they may know you are linked and be waiting for enough money to cover the fees for acc1 and then hit acc2 with a limitation......

forget bank accounts, they cannot see who they belong to, but what i would worry about is the fees owing with regards to your mums address, no knocks on the door yet?

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-14-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
owing fees is problematic, they take out forensics on accs to trace. 2 different names and addresses, may have partially stopped an auto-link but, as far as I know, it is cookies and IP that are the real linkers. Now there may have been various factors that broke the chain in terms of auto link, the main one I can see is that you cleared cookies and did not use same IP whilst the link of the 2 accs happened. Auto-link means their bots noting it, but it will all come out IF they manually check, as they will simply see payments taken by pp2 for eb1.

One other warning, they may know you are linked and be waiting for enough money to cover the fees for acc1 and then hit acc2 with a limitation......

forget bank accounts, they cannot see who they belong to, but what i would worry about is the fees owing with regards to your mums address, no knocks on the door yet?
Thanks for the reply - I was very careful to change IP and ensure that all Flash Objects and Cookies were deleted - You have got me thinking now with your comment about acc2 having enough funds to pay off acc1! Could they legally do that though with both accounts being for two completely separate (and identifiable) people?
Old 11-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

I mean you could take it to court if it happened, sure, but well legally, it is also you that is in a grey area, as the paypal DID take money for the ebay auctions and bank it....
Old 11-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
I mean you could take it to court if it happened, sure, but well legally, it is also you that is in a grey area, as the paypal DID take money for the ebay auctions and bank it....
Yup - you are totally right ! I know I couldn't fight them in court but their bumbling incompetence lost me a lot of money!

So... it still seems really strange though - Must be honest, I haven't tried to sell the same kind of items on Ebay 2 as I sold on Ebay 1 so maybe, if I do, that will trigger a link somewhere in their system?
Old 11-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

same items trigger it? well only if you are being watched, it would be extra evidence. Do not give them too much credit, you are one of ALOT of accounts out there.......

best advice is to avoid any further links and withdraw regularly never take too much in one go.

however the acc that owes fees is still in a real address, so you may have to deal with those issues at some point....