Paypal requests ID and Proof of address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-14-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Paypal requests ID and Proof of address

Openned a new stealth account a few days ago. Bank verification with Lloyds went smoothly, however when trying to lift limits my stealth address (which is a real address, I use mail forwarding) didn't go through and Pay pal requested copy of ID and Utility bill.
My bank account has the same name as the stealth name,and has never been used with Paypal before, but has a different address (my real address) than the stealth address. What can the reason be?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Sorry guys, my question probably sounded ambiguous, I'm new to this forum so please forgive me. To add to my previous post, of course I realise that I have no other choice now but to give them what the want and thanks to modern technology it won't be a problem. My question to the more experienced members is how could I have avoided it, rather than what to do now. What detail did I overlook to make them request this additional info? I'm in the process of opening a few more stealth accounts and would like to avoid having to send numerous IDs.
P.S. I've read EbayStealth and it is my new bible so I'm well aware of hiding ip's, not using the same info with different accounts and so on so on...
Old 11-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

how to avoid the limit request at £1650? only method is real details and real card, and you can sometimes bypass it, but there is no method to avoid it....
Old 11-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Also,
the above mentioned account is only a week old. I am in no way pressured to lift the limits at the moment as I am nowhere near the £1900 limit. It is also linked to a stealth Ebay account and I am able to buy stuff with no problem. What is the consensus on the timing, am I better off waiting till I get close to the limit or should I do it as soon as possible
Old 11-14-2011

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
how to avoid the limit request at £1650? only method is real details and real card, and you can sometimes bypass it, but there is no method to avoid it....
where does OP mention £1650??
Old 11-14-2011

Longevity: 76%

Oompah mentioned that because as an experienced operative she knows what the triggers are - learn and be educated
Old 11-14-2011

There are people here who can help you
Old 11-14-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

Maybe ips or you linked to an old account or cookies of the browser. Too many reasons and you need to backtrack and have a good method of creating your accounts.
Old 11-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Fandango,
I'm sure I wasn't linked to an old account. Cookies, ip addresses, separate user accounts on my pc, different name, address, phone number, all sorted. From what I read on the forum most stealth accounts will be asked for id and bill before the limits are lifted. I am nowhere near my limit as this is a new account, but nevertheless followed the 'lift your limits' link where I had to re-enter the address again, this is where the system thinks for a few seconds and either verifies the address or asks for the id and bill. In my case I was asked for the documents. My stealth name is the same as the bank account, my stealth address is different (but real street address), the phone number is through Sipgate and matches the area code of the stealth address. I have even sent a change of address form to my bank and they just changed my address to my stealth address so it's all matching now. SO my questions are: How could I have avoided Paypal requesting copy of my documents? and Am I better off lifting the limits now (by submitting id and bill) or am I better off waiting till I get near the limit? Thanks in advance
Old 11-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Personally I favour sending in the documents as soon as I verify the bank account. There's no hard evidence but I just have a gut feeling it makes the Ebay account stronger if the Paypal is fully verified AND with all limits lifted.

The reason you got asked for docs is absolutely nothing to do with linking. When you attempt to lift the £1900 receiving limit Paypal tries to match the given name to the given address using publicly available records (eg 192.com). When the details can't be found you are asked to submit docs.

As you've got your docs sorted, get them uploaded or faxed in -good luck.
Old 11-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Ebayrobust,
I guess you have a point. Why make them wait if I'll eventually have to do it anyway. The longer they wait the more suspicious they will be I guess. It is very interesting what you say about checking the public records. Is there anyway one can get their stealth info on these? Obviously too late for this particular account but might be useful in the future. For example, now that I have changed my bank account address to my stealth address will this go on the public records? Or is it only government issued info that goes there? Thanks in advance
Old 11-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

It's based around electoral register information.

Just so you know, there is no need to change the address on your bank account to the stealth address unless you are planning to add the debit card to the Paypal account. It is much easier just to add a VCC to the Paypal.
Old 11-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Ebayrobust,
This was the main reason for the change of address, adding the debit card. By the way, does the name have to match 100%? I will be doing the same with another account where I am using a slight modification of the first name. The bank verification already worked there.
I know it's been mentioned before, but you seem to know your stuff so let me ask what the best VCC option at the moment are!
Old 11-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

On my stealth accounts the name isn't even close to my real name. I have stealth profiles of all ages and both male and female (my wife assists where required).

I use 3V vouchers now. The only downside is there is a minimum load of £20 but they are very easy to obtain and register.

Anywhere that has a Paypoint terminal sells 3V (most garages and corner shops).
Old 11-15-2011
Threadstarter  

How do you manage to verify your bank accounts though if the name is completely different? Sorry for all the questions. I've read the Stealth Book a few times and thought I knew it all before I signed up for this forum. Now I feel like a rookie lol
Old 11-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

name on bank does NOT have to match paypal for majority of banks, exceptions to this anecdotally is llyods...........
Old 11-15-2011

Even on my legit eb account and my legit pp account which, at the time, were my only accounts and were both 7 years old and had 500+ feedback I had to submit ID and a bill to raise my limit a couple of months ago
Old 11-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

sunny - are you on the electoral roll? I heard this before from other people - also did you
use your real card? I expect you did.....
Old 11-16-2011

Quote:
sunny - are you on the electoral roll? I heard this before from other people - also did you
use your real card? I expect you did.....
Yeah, I was on the electrol roll, have been for 6 years. And yes, I did use my real card, no need not to.

There would have been absolutely no reason for pp or eb to suspect me of anything strange because I wasn't up to anything strange. I was nosing around on pp one day, noticed for the first time the link to view limits and thought I would raise them because I had something in the pipeline I was hoping to do that might bring in more than the 1900
Old 11-16-2011

Quote:
name on bank does NOT have to match paypal for majority of banks, exceptions to this anecdotally is llyods...........
I managed to set up two stealth with Lloyds. I spelt my surname differently, as if someone had misheard me or didn't know how to spell my name correctly. I don't think I'll get away with it too many times
Old 11-16-2011
Executive [VIP]

it is really weird, I had some really varied experiences with lifting limits. I actually got couple lifted without me sending or knowing, right from the start, others had to send. The ones that were auto lifted were businesses, not on elect roll but they were real registered ones, they happen to be mine but what I do not get is how they knew they were mine and not someone just pretending. I added vcc not real cards, so was not that. Believe it was a manual review that showed me purchasing alot of stuff, of reasonable value and obviously it going to that address, therefore that made me a real e-bayer and no limits needed........

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-16-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-16-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Lloyds is carp for stealth