negative feedback - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 12-20-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default negative feedback

does negative feedback affect your account much? i got my first negative yesterday from a buyer who wanted me to ship to india and i immediately refunded him saying i dont ship there then he left a negative saying i'm a scammer etc i replied saying buyer wanted me to ship to a country i dont ship to payment was refunded what else can i do?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

Well if you indicted in your auction that you don't ship to India then you shouldn't have a problem. Just contact eBay.

You'll also need to go into your buyer requirement page and indicate that bidders from blocked countries can't bid on your items.
Old 12-20-2011

first off you have done the right thing by replying to his neg. second you cannot do much more. the neg should not affect sales or anything else. it is only when you get a lot of negs and/or your DSR's goes low that ebay will start to moan or your sales will get affected. but dont worry to much about the neg, its only 1. why dont you change your settings so buyers from countries you do not post to cannot bid/buy?
Old 12-20-2011
Threadstarter  

thats the thing i thought i did but somehow hes located in india but he has a shipping address in the usa so he got through my limitations then when he won he asked if i could ship to his secondary address i immediately said no and refunded him then he left negative 2 weeks later what an A hole
Old 12-20-2011

you could try and send him a feedback revision, although i dont think he would respond, but its worth trying though, and yes there will always be a small percentage who can get through. the neg wont hurt your account so just send a feedback revision and if you get no where with that just move on and forget about it
hackteck (12-20-2011)
Old 12-20-2011
Threadstarter  

thanks for the help guys i did try and do a feedback revision but i seriously doubt he will respond
Old 12-20-2011

Longevity: 75%

I had a negative feeback on one of my stealth accounts few months ago i sold a xbox game it had a scratch on the disc i clearly stated on the description that it has a scratch but it still works the buyer never even bothered to contact me to solve the situation just left the negative feedback. So what i did is talk to ebay through ebay chat and explained what happend and they removed the negative feedback for me.

hopes this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to Killuminati For This Useful Post:
xxxhustlerxxx (12-21-2011)
Old 12-21-2011

Longevity: 78%

neg feedback has never affected my account, 1st off try to get this removed via ebay chat (works more than you'd think) 2nd reply giving your version of events. i tend to find that feedback left after an unfair neg seems to be better than normal, think happy customers try to help you out almost, although if the neg feedback is fair then you prob need to rethink how you do things .....
Old 12-21-2011

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackteck View Post
thats the thing i thought i did but somehow hes located in india but he has a shipping address in the usa so he got through my limitations then when he won he asked if i could ship to his secondary address i immediately said no and refunded him then he left negative 2 weeks later what an A hole
in my shipping terms i add the terms that "shipment will only be made to confirmed PayPal address...No Exceptions"....this was added after some jack-ass trying to get something sent to "his uncle's" address, by making the change within Paypal's system thus instigating a PayPal investigation/reversal of the transaction...this fools actions got PayPal all up in my business and who wants that?

if i miss a sale because of this, oh well....at least it keeps PP negative BS out of my business a little bit longer
Old 12-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Negatives don't usually afect your sales UNLESS you start to get a lot of them and they are for things like bad quality or counterfeit merchandise. THOSE definitely WILL hurt your sales.

When I am looking to purchase an item, i generally don't look at feedback unless the seller is at less than 98%. Even then, I am looking for signs that something is wrong with their items, not for minor disputes over shipping, etc.
Old 12-22-2011

Longevity: 75%

Someone left me an unwarranted neg once.

I checked him out and found he was a seller and so I bought one of what he was selling

Guess what I did then?

Mutual feedback revision is such a nice thing to do!

Old 12-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post

I checked him out and found he was a seller and so I bought one of what he was selling

Guess what I did then?

thats so devious and i like it! lol
Old 12-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Sure it works - eye for an eye.
Old 12-22-2011
Banned

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011trapstar View Post
I had a negative feeback on one of my stealth accounts few months ago i sold a xbox game it had a scratch on the disc i clearly stated on the description that it has a scratch but it still works the buyer never even bothered to contact me to solve the situation just left the negative feedback. So what i did is talk to ebay through ebay chat and explained what happend and they removed the negative feedback for me.

hopes this helps
Just a few weeks ago I bought a copy of oblivion on ps3 for my bro for christmas. Well it came in the mail with a big ass scratch on it and I messaged the seller and the only option he gave was to send it back. It was a christmas gift! Wasn't gonna send it back. So I left him a neg for the trouble.
Old 12-22-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post

Guess what I did then?

Sorr for double P. I had a few people in the past that sold video games that were jealous of me for doing better. So what did they do? They ganged up on me and bought a bunch of my stuff then left negs and I almost lost my account. Then 2 other guys had the audacity to shill bid on one of my items all the way up to my reserve (1,000) and then bid retract every last bid, then report my auction as fraud stating that I was selling illegal merchandise when I know that I got my stuff from the same place they did.

So I always tried seeing if they were selling anything that I could win and then give them a nasty feedback as full payment for their treatment. Unfortunately they were all strictly buyers.
Old 12-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%

Quote:
So I always tried seeing if they were selling anything that I could win and then give them a nasty feedback as full payment for their treatment. Unfortunately they were all strictly buyers.
Now, that is one VERY good reason to have a stealth EB buyer account in reserve; for meting out swift revenge for such spiteful & malicious ebayers who abuse the feedback process & to get your own back against them.
Old 12-23-2011

Longevity: 79%

in the past, i have left good feedback for them.

Scammer, Theif, Crook.

also i left follow up comments on mine and theres to the same effect.

got removed and nothing has ever happend to my account.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 12-23-2011

I always do my best to avoid negs and do pretty well. I literally have 100% +feedback on the majority of my accounts. Really though, if what you're selling is hot and you're selling it for a good price people could care less what your feedback is all they look at is the picture and the price. I've seen sellers with 80% selling hundreds of items per week and getting max bids. I also think if you're selling VeRO replicas some negative feedback of buyers saying it's ⊗⊗⊗⊗ is a good thing. This way people know what to expect when they get their things, I honestly think people WANT to buy replicas but they can't because eB doesn't allow it.

You can always ask the buyer to revise the feedback too it couldn't hurt, I use the "I use this eB account to provide for my family" excuse and they usually agree to revise. I mean they got their refund what else can you really do, some people are just assholes.

-Albert Einstein
Old 12-23-2011
Threadstarter  

yea he ended up just declining the revision he said it he didnt think it was fair that i wouldnt ship to his country and he wanted it for christmas blah blah he was just basically pissed that i wouldnt ship to him but thats no reason to leave a negative it didnt effect my sales i'm done til january anyway