Negative feedback - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 11-08-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Negative feedback

So here's my story.

I've been selling on eBay for some time now without any problems at all. I do mention on my listings, that I'd like to receive the payment within 48 hours, just because I've had couple of client who have made the payment 2-3 weeks later, and I'm just wasting my time with this. So I've seen lot's of other sellers also mentioning it on their listings, and I thought it would be good idea, to make the buyers pay faster.

So yesterday I received my first negative feedback.

I had a customer, who made the payment promptly and seemed to be very nice client, until he left me this feedback, which says: "Not happy that I had to make the payment in 48 hours".

He didn't ask from me longer payment time or anything, so I was very surprised. I wrote him a letter asking what seems to be the problem, because I thought, that sure there's have to be a better reason then this 1 sentence.

So he wrote me back saying that, thanks he's very happy with the product and price and shipping but he didn't like this one stupid sentence on my listing.

I wrote back and asked, if I can do anything to make it up to him, so that he would be completely happy and would left me at least neutral feedback. And since then he hasn't wrote me back.

So now here's my question.
Firstly, is this quite normal, does anybody else have had this sort of problem? Should I remove this sentence from my listings?
Secondly is there anything I can do about this negative feedback? I really feel that it's very silly, to leave negative feedback although you are happy with everything that's related to the product and price and delivery.

So all the advise is appreciated.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-08-2011

Longevity: 76%

I dunno about removing the " I'd like to receive the payment within 48 hours"
Some sellers require emmediate payment after the sale.

Probly pissed him off i guess,

I have my account setup to where if the customer don't pay within 5 days, ebays opens a non payment case against them. I have gotten a few people bitch about it, Asking me why i opened a case against them. I just tell them its automatic, ebay opens it after 5 days. I never recieved any neg's because of it.

As far as trying to get the neg removed or changed, i think you pretty much done all you can do. Trying to suck up to the buyer to get it changed is all you can do. That sucks, butt...
E bay has told me that it's between the buyer and the customer...it's how the customer feels the sale went for them...period.

I've seen e bay remove remarks that people has made because of some profanity or something like that. but trying to get them to remove a neg is almost impossible.
One thing i have learned about this feedback crap is.......it dont matter if you do everything right, you WON"T please everyone. There are alot of nuts out there.

I sold to a guy about a month ago and i just happen to go check his feedback. He had left 9 negs and 3 neutrals in his last 15 buys.

Low and behold,,,,,,,i got a neutral from the D....
wish ya luck
Old 11-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I do not think the comment if read by buyers will put them off - but it still counts as a neg, so its upsetting.

If something is in the listing as a term or if some discussion is in ebay messagges that are personal - at their discretion, particularrly if contacting live help and insisting over and over, I have got feedback removed. I was surprised.

technically only libel or offensive language gets removed, but in reality there are grey areas you can point them out, no guarantee though..
Old 11-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Long paragraph about business model - lot of folx will contribute - all the best.
Old 08-03-2012

Longevity: 76%

don't you just love buyers like that?
i have in my listing that payment is due in 5 days. maybe 48 hours sounds harsh?