NEWBIE - Question regarding Address change? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-05-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default NEWBIE - Question regarding Address change?

Hey there,

I am new to this forum, i have read up on a lot of things and downloaded the stealth guide so i know all the basics.

I recently had my account linked to another one and therefore that account now has a seller restriction (essentially not worth using).

I am going to shortly set up a new ebay/paypal account the stealth way....i have the IP issues sorted as have a dongle i can use, i have a name in mind i could use on the account (relative of mine who never used the internet, let alone ebay lol), and the bank/credit card i think i can get sorted....i just need to get a basic account opened and a prepaid credit card - i heard that ibux was quite good/easy to use.....anyone confirm that and where you can get them from? also if anyone has any recommendations of basic banks account that works well with paypal/ebay as my only concern is that obviously ill have to open the account in my "real name" but when i confirm it/use it on paypal in the"⊗⊗⊗⊗/stealth name" then i don't want the bank to not accept the deposits and withdrawals.

Lastly and this is really my only real concern and where i am kind of scratching my head, i have used my real addresses on my suspended/restricted previous accounts so obviously i sadly can't use this for the new stealth account i will shortly creating, now after reading a lot in this forum and the actual stealth guide....the only thing i can't see to have covered is what to do if your a buyer and seller? Can intitally after reading the stealth guide, i thought ill just use a local random address but the only concern i have is if i ever buy anything (which i normally do) then how can this work if its getting delivered to a random address?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks again!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Can't really answer your first q about Ibux but your second q....you can slightly alter the old addresses - if you decide to use a local random address, I would alter that too to avoid potential usage by previous eb ay user. Delivery of items is tricky and that's why I would use an old address to which you have access and modify it e.g.:

123 Old Suspended Lane could become A-123 Oled Suspind Lane - postal code would HAVE to be altered as well.
Old 01-05-2012

Longevity: 71%

I have been on the internet trying to solve the issues of a new addresses and you can sign up to a local or central mail boxes or virtual addresses and most of them won't use P O Boxes.

If you have one close to where you live then that would be ideal.

The only downside is if the address has been used by a suspended Ebay user but that is a chance you will have to take. But there are loads in the UK.
Old 01-05-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 70%

Thanks for the reply's so far, i will look into the virtual addresses, how do they work exactly? Also regarding changing my existing address so its similar but not to similar to my current address, if i did that wouldn't that stop me from receiving the items i bought anways? especially with changing street name + postcode?

Also anyone else got else any experience on this address issues or any of the other questions i braught up such as bank account, credit cards.

Any help again would be appreciated!
Old 01-06-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
123 Old Suspended Lane could become A-123 Oled Suspind Lane - postal code would HAVE to be altered as well.
If you modify the address like this, does Ebay check whether the address exists?
What if my address is 12345 Capitol Road, apt. 6789, I change to 123 Capitol Road, apt.6789 OR 12345 Capitol Road (apt.6789 is taken off)?
Old 01-06-2012

Longevity: 78%

Your question about buying items - you could e-mail the seller beforehand outside of ebay to ask if they can ship to a different address. E-mail them before you buy just incase they ship the item before reading the e-mail or they won't ship the item to a different address.

That's what i do anyway & it has worked so far
Old 01-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

If you want a DELIVERABLE address, you could consider putting the apt. BEFORE the address - so 6789-12345 XXXX
Old 01-06-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
If you want a DELIVERABLE address, you could consider putting the apt. BEFORE the address - so 6789-12345 XXXX
So you mean, I still can use the old address but just modify by putting the apt. number before street address?
Old 01-06-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbabes View Post
Your question about buying items - you could e-mail the seller beforehand outside of ebay to ask if they can ship to a different address. E-mail them before you buy just incase they ship the item before reading the e-mail or they won't ship the item to a different address.

That's what i do anyway & it has worked so far
You're lucky to get sellers' agreement on this. If you were the seller, would you agree?
Old 01-07-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Why do I have to use a non-existing address?
If I pick up an existing address which was used by a previous ebayer, I will be suspended very soon. I think it's much better than using a non-existing address and get suspended a year latter when I already establish a good account.
But when you said "yearly review", did you mean manually review?
Old 01-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

There is a definite possibility of a UK getting reviewed as it approaches the £1900 limit. (different from the USA)

You never use a nonexistent address. Those days are finished with paypal/ebay IF a user is going to run a long term account.

All this rubbish about slighlty altering address, changing things around comes against accounts later. First time an account gets looked at by a person, that address will be picked up.

Since you are in the USA, your very best choice to be successful in stealth is to have a POBox not associated with anything suspended.

Try to make your own thread if you have a question relating to this. Post a link to the thread then ask. Some of the info is not suitable for the USA when the thread starter is from the UK. Info now is mixed up.
Old 01-07-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Yeah, next time I should pay attention to the flag, I totally forgot about this :D.
And I always love to make a new thread, it's too easy. But don't tell me "why don't you search before asking, you need to read more" :D