Iqor Debt Collectors - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Iqor Debt Collectors

Has anyone had much experience with these?

I know I'm going to get the.... if you used their services and made money, then you should pay them line, and normally I would agree.

But when the asses refunded over £2000 of my sales, to people who had their items, that was the money I had put aside for my fees for that month.

In my mind, they cost me £2000 so why should I pay them around the same amount for the fees for that month.

My only problem is this was a none stealth account, so it has all of my correct details and I'm guessing they aren't going to give up?!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-31-2012

Longevity: 75%

It does not matter if it's a stealth account or none stealth you have used there service so you should pay the fees you agreed to in the terms and condition.

It has been mentioned many many times in this forum pay the fees then you will be on the safe side.
Old 03-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

I can't really offer any advice other than pay the fees that are owed. Whether you feel you are right or wrong, at some point you're going to have to pay. You could pay it now and be done with it or go through the motions with phone calls, letters and the inevitable court summons. The end result is going to be the same.

Good luck.
Old 03-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopadudette View Post
Has anyone had much experience with these?

My only problem is this was a none stealth account, so it has all of my correct details and I'm guessing they aren't going to give up?!

Yes and they are pond-feeding lowlifes.

Your life will not be your own should you choose to ignore them.

The last thing you want is a CCJ.

Deal with the problem.

Good Luck
Old 03-31-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 70%

Has anyone had experience with them of paying what's owed in installments or will they just hound for the full amount in one go?

If I had the two grand I would pay them, but as ebay refunded that to buyers it took what I had put aside to cover that. Plus 2k stuck in paypal, so things are tight.

I still believe ebay had no legal rights to refund all of my customers and didn't care less if they had already had the item or not. If they hadn't of done that they would of had their fees.
Old 03-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

They accept that.
However it has to be done correctly to protect you..
Old 03-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopadudette View Post
Has anyone had experience with them of paying what's owed in installments or will they just hound for the full amount in one go?

If I had the two grand I would pay them, but as ebay refunded that to buyers it took what I had put aside to cover that. Plus 2k stuck in paypal, so things are tight.

I still believe ebay had no legal rights to refund all of my customers and didn't care less if they had already had the item or not. If they hadn't of done that they would of had their fees.
It's an option but you need to discuss it with the collection agents

As far as the legalities of p/p refunding your buyers and holding your funds, they are within their legal rights as per the T&C's that you agreed to when you signed up.
Old 03-31-2012

Longevity: 80%

They won't take you to court over 2K. I can assure that! Return their letters Return to sender-No longer at this address.

They'll give up eventually. Not nice I know to be dishonest, but if PP have refunded scammy buyers, why should you be out of pocket?

They just send the scary letters. They don't take you to court.
The Following User Says Thank You to meVebay For This Useful Post:
SUVE (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

In the US they are bundling small amounts and selling them to hungry debt collectors who will go after you for as little as 500.00.

Debt collectors is a huge business in the US and they are fighting each other to get the money and accounts.

They are trying to get those higher accounts and need a track record of collecting so they are going after much smaller amounts lately then in the past.
Old 03-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by meVebay View Post
They won't take you to court over 2K. I can assure that! Return their letters Return to sender-No longer at this address.

They'll give up eventually. Not nice I know to be dishonest, but if PP have refunded scammy buyers, why should you be out of pocket?

They just send the scary letters. They don't take you to court.
VERY BAD ADVICE. If it's not nice to be dishonest then don't tell someone else to do it.

This is a non stealth account, his real details and your telling him to try and avoid paying.

p/p themselves will not take you to court but as the poster above has said they will sell the debt to a collection agency and they WILL take you to court and make your life a misery until they get their money and they are also within their legal right to do so.

If you owe a debt pay it. Scamming buyers and money being held by p/p is no defence.

You agreed to be bound by a legal agreement, you can't just renege on it now just because you think you are being hard done by.

Last edited by NoneOther; 03-31-2012 at 12:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NoneOther For This Useful Post:
BiN4RY (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012

Longevity: 76%

If you are determined to avoid this then this is what you must or must not do

Do not accept their telephone calls, this can be difficult as they will use skype and mobile numbers. Never answer to your name - I suggest something like 'who wants him'

Do not answer any letters or sign for any letters that you are not expecting.

In the event they get hold of you admit to nothing and agree to nothing. Do not get in an argument with them. Before they can discuss anything with you they will need you to confirm your identity. They will tell you it's because of the Data Protection act. If they ask for your date of birth, your post code, email address - in fact anything - your answer is "I don't give that information out over the telephone". They cannot take the conversation further.

If you get a county court summons you tell them to 'prove their debt'

They wont - it's too expensive

The debt collectors have probably bought the debt from Ebay and will be unable to prove the debt.

If they come to your door - tell them to go away in short jerky movements or set your dog on them

Do not be frightened of these people - you have the legal rights - not them

The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
SUVE (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

GT's advice is well founded

However for a substantial amount like £2k the collection agencies are getting very smart these days and will have asked p/p for documentary evidence of the debt and proof to support their purchase of the debt which makes it legally theirs. If it goes to court they can then prove their case.

The UK has a huge debt problem and collection of it is BIG business, they are clued up on all they ways people use to try and avoid it and it is getting extremely difficult to avoid paying up.
Old 03-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
VERY BAD ADVICE. If it's not nice to be dishonest then don't tell someone else to do it.

This is a non stealth account, his real details and your telling him to try and avoid paying.

p/p themselves will not take you to court but as the poster above has said they will sell the debt to a collection agency and they WILL take you to court and make your life a misery until they get their money and they are also within their legal right to do so.

If you owe a debt pay it. Scamming buyers and money being held by p/p is no defence.

You agreed to be bound by a legal agreement, you can't just renege on it now just because you think you are being hard done by.
hang on a minute, if this is meevays actual experience, then they are at liberty to post it.......

the ins and outs of paying fees are not fixed, customers getting refunded, to me means the fees are NOT owed, the seller did NOT benefit from the service, and fees are for goods sold and profits kept not given back, an estate agent does not take fee if they do not sell your house....if money is refunded then the fees for it should be cancelled, as for legally binding agreement, this scenario is not specifically covered in their T & C..

meevay - is this these particular collectors or someone else. What did you owe and where the registration details all yours?

Last edited by oompaloompa; 03-31-2012 at 12:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
SUVE (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

I'm not referring to whether the fees are justified or not.

What I was referring to the advice that collection agencies will not take you to court. When in fact they can and do.

This may have been that particular posters own experience but that doesn't make it good advice for the OP as the circumstances and amounts owed in his case (if there was one) were not disclosed.

May be I'm in the minority but if a debt is owed then it should be paid.
Old 03-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
hang on a minute, if this is meevays actual experience, then they are at liberty to post it.......

the ins and outs of paying fees are not fixed, customers getting refunded, to me means the fees are NOT owed, the seller did NOT benefit from the service, and fees are for goods sold and profits kept not given back, an estate agent does not take fee if they do not sell your house....if money is refunded then the fees for it should be cancelled, as for legally binding agreement, this scenario is not specifically covered in their T & C..

meevay - is this these particular collectors or someone else. What did you owe and where the registration details all yours?
Assuming that every buyer was refunded then I would agree that no fees were payable

However that scenario is extremely unlikely and therefore any sales that stood would be liable for any fees accrued
Old 03-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Neither is it necessarily good advice to say just pay it. It is good to get everyones input..if meevay ignored and it was fine, OP might need to know that too, before making a decision. They may want to try ignoring it up until a certain point.....'discussing it' with agency may or may not be best option for OP...

OP did they have your ID?
Old 03-31-2012

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
GT's advice is well founded

However for a substantial amount like £2k the collection agencies are getting very smart these days and will have asked p/p for documentary evidence of the debt and proof to support their purchase of the debt which makes it legally theirs. If it goes to court they can then prove their case.
That's not the case NoneOther. Even though Ebay may have sold the debt that does not relieve any party from the neccesity to prove their debt if called upon to do so - and that includes Ebay or the buyer of the debt. It is not sufficient to say we bought the debt. As the debt is for fees this has to be documented for and the other party has the opportunity to say that this is not the case. Ebay would then have to counter argue as to why that is the case. The debt collector does not have right of hearing at that point as they were not involved in the original transaction.

Whenever you stand up to these people you will be surprised how many will go and look for easier pickings/victims - financially it makes no sense for them if you owe £2000 and the court says "You will pay £5 per month"

The morals of it are between the OP and his deity
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
SUVE (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

I/m pretty sure the OP has checked the fees claimed by them, it's not hard to calculate if its correct or not and if incorrect then discussing it with p/p would have been his first option.

As it has now gone to a collection agency it would be reasonable to assume that some time has passed since the OP was first advised of his outstanding debt by p/p and would have had opportunity to put right any discrepancies.

As I said I must be in the minority when it comes to paying debts as I would try to ensure that I had done everything to try and reach an agreement before it was sold off to a collection agency, which is usually the result of ignoring it all and hoping it will go away.
Old 03-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Assuming that every buyer was refunded then I would agree that no fees were payable

However that scenario is extremely unlikely and therefore any sales that stood would be liable for any fees accrued

I agree with that part, we only go by what we are told...

thing is, fees owed for profits kept and fees added for refunded goods are all mixed up, complicates the issue, as I would say simply pay for fees owed, but I cannot hand on heart say to OP also pay fees NOT owed..

I would not settle those without a fight, problem is that when you fight you are acknowledging, so the only strategy is ignore....

think GT is right about them concentrating on the easier targets, time and cost factors etc....

only thing I would say is 2k is maybe more worth their time then say 200....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 03-31-2012 at 01:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
SUVE (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

i agree with you oomps

OP has already lost a fortune in goods as well as the received funds

i would tell them to go seek a psychiatrist and get there heads checked

there is no way that this is fair play in any way whatsoever!!!
Old 03-31-2012

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

i dont agree with selling and earning on eb/pp and not paying fees,but when they do that,they dont deserve your respect
The Following User Says Thank You to GTB For This Useful Post:
bansheezone (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012

Longevity: 80%

My experience was this. Had a 13K feedback account closed. When I got closed down, I was dispatched anything from 60-100 items a day.

My items sold between £9-£25.

When PP limited my account, eBay also closed me down, removed all my listings "for the safety of the eBay community" and sent emails to all the buyers basically scaring them and telling them to open disputes. I couldn't reply to eBay messages to the few people that bothered to message me. Most just opened PP disputes. (Before eBay disputes existed)

Back then, all my items went standard post. The small losses I incurred were all covered by Royal Mail.

PayPal refunded everyone that opened disputes.(I had no tracking), it was a free for all...literally. Royal Mail basically laughed at my claim for over 4K's worth of sales that had "gone missing"

They sent it to Iqor after around 4 months. I had NO CONTACT with them. That is my best advice. They will not take you to court. It'll cost them hundreds to get a solicitor on the case, to send a rep to court will also cost more money. You agreed to pay the fees yes. And although you agreed to the T&C, it doesn't mean they are legally binding in a county court. They know that. Obtaining a judgement for £5 a month isn't going to do anything.

As GT said, they will just go for someone else. IGNORE THEM! They'll go away eventually!
The Following User Says Thank You to meVebay For This Useful Post:
SUVE (03-31-2012)
Closed Thread