NEW OPTION for Withdrawing from PP without using a bank... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-17-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default NEW OPTION for Withdrawing from PP without using a bank...

I've just discovered (out of nessesity, exploring my options) that I can use a fully stealth acct to purchase something from Home Depot, Apple, Sears, and likely a lot more stores as a "Buy online for in-store Pickup". All you have to do is fill in the first and last name of the person coming in to pick it up, and they need to have ID which is just looked at when you pick it up.

So if John Doe is the stealth acct info, and he buys a shop vac at Home Depot.com (they let you pay directly with PP!), he buys it online, all with the stealth info, email, pp, all that.... and when filling out the details of the order he selects the option of "in store pickup" and fills in Jane Smith as the person who will be picking up the shop vac (another option offered). 15 minutes later John Doe gets an email confirming payment went through and his order is ready, he prints out that email and "sends Jane Smith or whoever" to Home Depot with the order confirmation. For privacy, Jane Smith might want to print her name Smithe or Smithh or something, which wont be an issue for the person at Home Depot who is getting the item that's ready for pickup. At least in the case with Home Depot, that "person picking up" was only entered on the Home Depot site, and didnt ask for any other info, just first and last name, and a slight misspelling was easily overlooked)

This is becoming more and more common with retailers, especially now that I look for it at places I need to buy things anyway... as I mentioned even Apple has a buy-online-pickup-in-the-store option, though they dont directly take Paypal yet (Homedepot DOES- you can pay right from your PP account). But with Apple you can buy the cards on Ebay (often at a slight discount, especially for higher dollar amounts) with your pp balance and use them for the online order for in-store pickups.

Just something I discovered that I thought I'd share with my friends here. :D

Last edited by turnpike; 04-17-2012 at 04:56 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-17-2012

going to look strange when i use my stealth account based in GA to do a pick up in a store in CA for a shop-vac.

going to look even more so when i do it on a weekly or even daily basis at different stores across a state my paypal account isnt based in.

but who am i to judge. try it out and report back
Old 04-17-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanws30 View Post
going to look strange when i use my stealth account based in GA to do a pick up in a store in CA for a shop-vac.

going to look even more so when i do it on a weekly or even daily basis at different stores across a state my paypal account isnt based in.

but who am i to judge. try it out and report back
As a general rule, you should use stealth info that's reasonably close to you, within a state or two away, for the sake of not raising any flags for distant IP locations. Generally speaking, that is.

It worked great for me, that's why I posted, its just another way to avoid pulling a certain amount of cash through your bank unnessesarily if you can help it, if you're going to buy something big and local anyway.
Old 04-17-2012

Longevity: 82%

I've done this a few times for Walmart and best buy

Sent from HTC HD2 using tapatalk beta 6
Old 04-17-2012

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via AIM to fineart Send a message via Yahoo to fineart Send a message via Skype™ to fineart

I made a small purchase with Walmart and it made my PP go down.
This PP was 8 months old with no problems.This PP was high activity so I really do not know what triggered it. They require SS# to reinstate. Proceed with caution it does work but not 100% proof.
The Following User Says Thank You to fineart For This Useful Post:
Omgoozle (04-18-2012)
Old 04-17-2012
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I did this early on and did the ship to store thing.

When I went to Wal mart to pick it up they asked me for my ID.

I told them I am picking it up for a friend.

I did the name thing on the who is picking up the item and they still wanted my ID.

If someone else has the answer to this they can chime in but for me it seemed too risky.
Old 04-18-2012

Longevity: 70%

Is there a way to do something similar in the UK?
Old 04-18-2012

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
I did this early on and did the ship to store thing.

When I went to Wal mart to pick it up they asked me for my ID.

I told them I am picking it up for a friend.

I did the name thing on the who is picking up the item and they still wanted my ID.

If someone else has the answer to this they can chime in but for me it seemed too risky.
You still show your id, you use your real name for the person who's picking it up.
Old 04-18-2012

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
Is there a way to do something similar in the UK?
Possibly - I might try my local Argos and see how it goes.
Old 04-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thankful View Post
Possibly - I might try my local Argos and see how it goes.
not you cannot do that and pick up, when you pick up you have not paid in advance you pay whilst there, think it is paypal payment with paypal with delivery to your home (yeh you know the huge truck that blocks all the traffic down your road)

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-18-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old 04-18-2012

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
when you pick up you have not paid in advance you pay whilst there, think it is paypal payment with paypal with delivery to your home (yeh you know the huge truck that blocks all the traffic down your road)
This means that you're basically adding your home address to the paypal account, right?
Old 04-19-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

yes so stealth accs are not useful for this in UK