eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Bank Choices.. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/45759-bank-choices.html)

Callidus 04-29-2012 02:28 PM

Bank Choices..

Hi all,

Right, I have used the following banks and I am not sure if I have used them to their FULL potential as of yet but am asking for some input as to how I can use them better.

Not looking for people to give easy answers but some hints / tips or even couple of PM's on how I could use each bank better.

I currently have spread across;

RBS
HS BC
Natwest
Halifax
Coop
Santander
Barclays

1. How many BASIC accounts could / should you have at each?
2. Online savers - I have heard / seen are not fool proof but can be used in the short term.
3. Anyone got any info on any others that are working well?
4. mycashplus any good? I'm not quite sure how that works though is it the same as any bank?

Ebayorbust 04-29-2012 02:35 PM

You're persistent, I'll give you that. :p

Callidus 04-29-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayorbust (Post 336236)
You're persistent, I'll give you that. :p

I like to learn! Nothing wrong with that, take ideas / advice from people and work on it.

P.S - Asking lots of questions is NOT a bad thing

Ebayorbust 04-29-2012 02:42 PM

Lighten up, I was only joking.

You were already advised to slow down on the account opening a few weeks ago. Despite this I still gave a few extra options via PM.

There are no secret methods to opening bank accounts - end of.

Callidus 04-29-2012 02:48 PM

I know you were messing :)

I know I was told about slowing down on the account opening which I took advice on and opened 1 BASIC account fine.

Yes your advice via pm was good but not quite sure how that works, like a normal account I assume?

moneyhustler88 04-29-2012 02:50 PM

halifax works well for me..am also doing a new stealth on HSBC ill let u know how it goes..i know alliance and leicester are a no no for paypal

Callidus 04-29-2012 02:52 PM

Alliance and Leicester I assume is Lloyds right?

NoneOther 04-29-2012 03:48 PM

Deja Vu anyone?

NoneOther 04-29-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdavey10 (Post 336249)
Alliance and Leicester I assume is Lloyds right?

A&L is Santander

RBS & Nat West same bank group (information from both banks accessible by one organisation) Care required

moneyhustler88 04-30-2012 11:36 AM

yep my mum had problems with alliance and leicester

Callidus 05-01-2012 02:16 PM

think banking

OK I just applied for an account from thinkBanking...had a call from a guy and I dont think I have ever spoke to anyone so rude in my life.. he was arguing me on the phone after me saying I wanted to use the account for eBay & PP he said we can't just have the account open for use with that.

He then wanted to start grilling me about why I want the account... what would you be saying apart from use with eBay / Paypal what do people think is the best answer?

In the end I asked for his name and told him I would be making a complaint about his manner.

Anyone know what to say when going into a bank and wanting to open an account, when they say what do you want it for is EBAY AND PAYPAL a good enough answer?

Thankful 05-01-2012 02:47 PM

You shouldn't have even told him you wanted to use the account for eBay/PP but then again he shouldn't be grilling you like that, cheeky bugger.

If they ask me what for - I usually say i've recently had a job interview and got accepted should be starting soon, so I want my money to go into this account blah blah.

thinkBanking are connected to RBS/Natwest are they not?

Callidus 05-01-2012 02:54 PM

Thing that confuses me is, if I was to be running eBay as a REAL BUSINESS do I HAVE to have a business account or can you run it through personal accounts but just create invoices for everything?

Dont think they are linked but they have a relationship with them for payments like next working day etc.

In the future will say about the job thing

Callidus 05-01-2012 03:34 PM

There was another post I saw from Elijah who walked into Barclays and asked to open 5 basic accounts and he told the girl it was for eBay and wished him good luck. Im sure this isn't good practise.

How to go about this you can't say about a job interview for every account surely

SUVE 05-01-2012 04:12 PM

Just say you wanted to use it for payment of wages & standing orders to be able to pay for bills etc etc.

They deal with hundreds if not thousands of such queries - they'd only take a closer look at you if you said anything that raise an eyebrow or two. You must use common sense.:yar:

:pop2:

GreenBean 05-01-2012 07:21 PM

I think you did not THINK. :doh:

rsot 05-01-2012 07:22 PM

You keep it polite and say you need accounts for making savings towards projects such as home renovation, vacation, etc.

accutinting 05-01-2012 10:50 PM

Your banker needs to be your best friend. I go into all my local banks and they see all my transfer but could care less. I stay up to date with the people at the bank and make sure to say hi, bye, hows your day, how have you been etc etc. Also The way my banks work in my area even the large ones that cover several states as I dont have to many branches like BOA but anyways from my experience whoever opens my account is usually the person that deals strictly with me so be extra nice to them.
I just got a call the other day and I did get alittle worried when i heard her on the voicemail but when i called here back she said its been a year for most of your accounts with us and I wanted to make sure you are satisfied with our services and I said yes you have been great and I couldnt ask for a better bank or a better rep to help me with my all my banking needs. So after I sweetened it up I said actually I do need to open another account chk/saving combo and she said please come in so I can take care of it for you whenever you like and theres already 5 accounts there. I own a local business so I always use that for reference to know me but regardless first impressions I feel are huge with bankers, I mean they are holding your money so I take this part very serious but thats just me

GrannyT 05-02-2012 03:07 AM

The problem with Think Banking is that they want to 'help' you by controlling your finances. They like salary and people with bad credit - not nice people or option at all - there are a lot better options

:ranger:

GreenBean 05-02-2012 03:23 AM

The issue is not banks.

The issue is how you are going to USE the banks.

Unless you have a defined plan you are opening yourself to a mess.

I've alluded to this before but feel it is necessary to repeat this. :peace:

Your business plan determines the number of bank accounts.

Careful implementation of the plan improves your banking woes :pop2:

NoneOther 05-02-2012 04:31 AM

Its been said before. There is a finite number of banks that can be used effectively.

Only open bank accounts as and when you really need them. Too many too quickly and you will get problems.

GreenBean 05-02-2012 04:36 AM

@NoneOther

Since the OP's problem with banks some weeks ago he still has opened more accounts.

This is counterproductive :pout: