Full Restriction late March - Now suddenly can sell - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-17-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Full Restriction late March - Now suddenly can sell

I got the message from eBay on 23 March 2012, saying that my account is full restricted due to buyer dissatisfaction.

My selling allowances in the remaining of March and in April were 0.
I sent them some emails, talked on live chat, called up once or twice... basically bugged them several times in several ways.
Some of the live chat reps said they would forward my appeal to T&S as important.

Anyway, I did not sell a thing on that account since the restriction and I also did not sell on another account which I suspect is linked to that account.
I did log in every few days to check messages and leave feedback (as they were still coming in from previous sales), basically administrative stuff - nothing threatening to eBay.
Oh, and I paid my fees.

I'm not sure when I got some selling allowances back as I did not check this since last month.
Then today, when I was looking at the seller performance dashboard, to my surprise, I saw that my selling allowance is now 18 items or up to £218.44 per month.
They just came back suddenly!
I did NOT get any email from eBay telling me anything about my selling allowances or my account restriction.
I would have never known that I can sell on this account now if I did not check it.
Real strange how eBay does things these days.
My DSRs did not change, by the way. And my seller performance is still below standard on the global site.

I am still confused about what's really going on now.
So am I still full restricted now or is this some sort of trial period where they have decided to give me a chance to 'prove myself'?
What should I do now?
Should I sell 18 items this month or less?
Now I only have half the month left to sell but it's no problem for me to sell the 18 items.
I am thinking that if I sell close to the limit and do not get anything negative, they may increase my selling allowance.
18 items is definitely far too little for me...
I need to get this lifted or else this account is not very useful too.

By the way, this is a real account, not stealth.
Everything has been verified. Real documents on Paypal submitted even.

One more quick question, is it a must to have automatic payment method set up?
The eBay page says that one of the common reasons for account restriction is:
"*You didn't set up an automatic payment method. Update your automatic payment method now."
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-23-2012

Longevity: 88%

This is not very common, but this happened to one of my friend too. His account's selling allowance was dropped down to 0 and then when I told him to call eBay, he called and they said they could do nothing to help him.

I told him to call again later and he called again later and same reply from another rep.
Then he called again and same thing but the 4th time when he called the rep was nice and he increased the selling limit back to 100 a month. Now he has selling allowances of over 300 I believe.

You just need to never give up, for now. You need to start listing items and sell 18-items, when you have reached your allowance and call ebay and tell them you want a to request a higher selling allowances. Be straight-forward, since its your real account. After confirmation they will increase your limits.
Old 05-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

You can / should sell your 18 items as audiosoft said,
although i dont think they will increase your allowances when calling them if your account says below standard.
You would need to rectify that first.
Old 05-23-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiosoft View Post
This is not very common, but this happened to one of my friend too. His account's selling allowance was dropped down to 0 and then when I told him to call eBay, he called and they said they could do nothing to help him.

I told him to call again later and he called again later and same reply from another rep.
Then he called again and same thing but the 4th time when he called the rep was nice and he increased the selling limit back to 100 a month. Now he has selling allowances of over 300 I believe.

You just need to never give up, for now. You need to start listing items and sell 18-items, when you have reached your allowance and call ebay and tell them you want a to request a higher selling allowances. Be straight-forward, since its your real account. After confirmation they will increase your limits.
Yeah, that's my plan for now.
To sell 18, then ask them to increase the limits.

Thanks for sharing about your friend.
Yeah, I heard you can sometimes get a nice rep who is willing to help.
That's also why I repeatedly contacted them.

Could I know why your friend's selling limits were reduced to zero?
Thanks.
Old 05-23-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
You can / should sell your 18 items as audiosoft said,
although i dont think they will increase your allowances when calling them if your account says below standard.
You would need to rectify that first.
I recently got an idea about how to bring my account back to standard.
You see, obviously I need to get a lot more good DSRs to lower the percentage value and bring it to standard.
18 per month is never gonna do it.

Then I saw that account allowances do not apply to the category "Business, Office and Industrial."
I perceive that I can sell unlimited qty in this category, if I am not wrong?
Can anyone verify that this is true?
Can anyone with selling limits sell unlimited qty in this category?

If this is true, my plan is to sell a lot of items cheaply in this category.
Things like stationary and mailing supplies like poly mailer bags, which I have lots of...
Free P&P to get automatic 5* for postage cost (though that isn't my problem, but need to take care of too).
Then if all goes well, and I don't get any more 1/2 stars for dispatch time, this will lower my percentage count into the standard level.

What do you think of this plan?
I know that software and e-books fall into this business category too, but I heard those are things that eBay does not like.
I think I should be a very good, 'law-abiding' seller till I get the issues with my acc sorted out.

The problem I am having is also with selling.
Now with the below standards, my listings are at the back of the list and its much harder to sell than before....
Sighhhhh.......
Old 05-24-2012
Threadstarter  

Default Lo and Behold, I can sell 171 items now!

So about a week or so after I saw that 18 items limit, and have since sold 3 items, I checked back again today and to my great great surprise, I saw this:

"You can sell up to 171 items or up to £1,250.40 per month, whichever comes first."

Seriously, I don't know what logic to make of any of what has happened to my account.
The 3 items sold were very recent and I don't think the buyers have received their items and no feedback left yet.
eBay is playing a game with sellers and only they know all the rules... and they constantly change it at a whim.
I'm really starting to think that the only way someone can use it as a long-term, stable business platform is to have lots of stealth accounts!

In any case, I'm glad that I least I can do some decent selling now.
It's still not enough... but well, if I sell 100+ items and all ratings and feedback remains good, they will likely increase it again.

In any case, if I don't get low DSRs for the next 171 sales, my status will be back up to standard and things will go back to normal.

What a roller coaster ride!
And where do they get such figures from?
18... 171?!??!
These are such odd... practically random figures!!
Old 05-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

ebay use this number system. Totally random & different for every account
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
BubbleTea (05-24-2012)
Old 05-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleTea View Post
So about a week or so after I saw that 18 items limit, and have since sold 3 items, I checked back again today and to my great great surprise, I saw this:

"You can sell up to 171 items or up to £1,250.40 per month, whichever comes first."

Seriously, I don't know what logic to make of any of what has happened to my account.
The 3 items sold were very recent and I don't think the buyers have received their items and no feedback left yet.
eBay is playing a game with sellers and only they know all the rules... and they constantly change it at a whim.
I'm really starting to think that the only way someone can use it as a long-term, stable business platform is to have lots of stealth accounts!

In any case, I'm glad that I least I can do some decent selling now.
It's still not enough... but well, if I sell 100+ items and all ratings and feedback remains good, they will likely increase it again.

In any case, if I don't get low DSRs for the next 171 sales, my status will be back up to standard and things will go back to normal.

What a roller coaster ride!
And where do they get such figures from?
18... 171?!??!
These are such odd... practically random figures!!

This Kind of Sh^t NEVER happens to me,,,,I ALWAYS get thrown to the Wolves,,,,,
Old 05-24-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post

ebay use this number system. Totally random & different for every account
ROFL!!!

Yes, that was what I had suspected all along.
Thanks for confirming it.

Damn... my numbers came in the wrong order...
Should have got 711 instead of 171!

Ohhhhhh...... maybe I can ask them to raise my limits to 711 since its using the same numbers?!?

Old 05-24-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
This Kind of Sh^t NEVER happens to me,,,,I ALWAYS get thrown to the Wolves,,,,,
I got them all too... wolves, morons, the whole range.

You need to contact them again and again through various means - phone, livechat, email.
Keep telling them good stories that show that you are a great seller who just met with a misfortune in the case of your account.

Contact them on different days.
Let some time lapse... let your account rest.... then contact them again.
Contact them especially on days when you're feeling lucky!
Do everything right... get your feedback to 100% (get those negatives removed), resolve all your cases, pay all your fees... be an eBay goody pie.
Then contact them again.

Just keep contacting them.
You will get lucky someday and reach someone who is willing to help.
Unless your account is really game over due to serious violations.
I think my account wasn't too serious.
I must say as much as they are f**ked, they are pretty nice to let me sell 171 items, despite still being under standards.
Old 05-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Solid pic GB - family pics coming out?
Old 05-25-2012

Longevity: 79%

It's abit like the lotto - random, however no one ever wins.

Old 05-25-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Solid pic GB - family pics coming out?
hahaha.
GB is funny as usual.
Old 05-25-2012
Threadstarter  

This thread is getting funny comments...

I wonder when is the next lotto roll on my eBay account.
I hope I get "BIG WIN"!