ebay linking by thumb drive & finger print concerns - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-19-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default ebay linking by thumb drive & finger print concerns

Can you be link if you used a Thumb Drive or CD to upload images to ebay. Does Ebay sees C://mycomputer/Beaver Thumbdrive/images/4/30.jpg on one account and other account has C://mycomputer/Beaver Thumbdrive/images/4/302.jpg
Does ebay keep a record what location on your pc where you upload your images from on your computer?

an you be link for withdrawal have same router number on 2 bank accounts, but different routers number.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-19-2012
Threadstarter  

Default Does ebay track browser fingerprints?

Test your browser fingerprints here: panopticlick.eff.org

my test came up with.

Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 2,198,115 tested so far.

Currently, we estimate that your browser has a fingerprint that conveys at least 10.07 bits of identifying information.

My question is ....did ebay move beyond ips, and cookies and is ebay linking multiple ebay account with ebay fingerprinting? Is this true linking through fronts, browser, screen res, add ons to your broswer.
If so it would explain why 5 my account went down at once when once got suspended! I didn't know this before and i use different windows users account with stealth and different ips. They could link all my account to my browser fingerprint because when i set up a new users on windows its the defaults stuff same fronts, browser, screens res, adds on = death :(

Just wondering if ebay is linking multiple ebay accounts with this?
Old 05-19-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

A few people here are convinced it is how they got linked, so if they are looking to link you, it would be done manually, along with other stuff with sniffs of similarity ....
Old 05-19-2012
Executive [VIP]

like your post on browser fingerprint, it is a similarity via manual view on a deeper dig, best to load pic to admin and rename or try and change the beaver thumbdrive to a folder name that is more generic....
Old 05-19-2012
Threadstarter  

Do you believe though ebay links through browser fingerprints? if the account is a stealth, everything different (name, ip, cards, banks #) no similarity but the browers fingersprints are the same will all accounts get banned?
Old 05-19-2012

Longevity: 75%

This probably sounds silly but because I currently run 12 different accounts for my self and clients I have bought 2 cheap lap tops and now run 4 accounts per machine.

I'm actually thinking of going back to one machine per account as, as far as I can see, the only thing that could cause any linking on any of my accounts is the browser fingerprinting.

I run IE for 2 accounts and Firefox for 2 accounts on each machine with an Excel sheet on each machine

Probably over kill due to my own paranoia but having been too close to bankruptcy in the past I don't like to leave anything to chance

As I say, probably overkill on my part but my clients like it
Old 05-19-2012
Threadstarter  

@GrannyT
Yes your idea sounds good, only thing i can think of that could link me is browser fingerprint, I don't think my imagefilenames having 3 first letters similar could link me. Browser fingerprint could of got me since i didn't know ebay tracks that. So I wondering if is true they do? Link that?

Not having a ebay account and starting fresh takes time. Good to have backups.
Old 05-19-2012
Threadstarter  

Okay, I am uploading my images to the pc to my pictures folders, but do you think ebay save a record where on your pc you upload your image? and could use this for linking other accounts? like a unique folder name, maybe i a m getting link crazy and need a beer.

Last edited by markflood; 05-19-2012 at 04:33 AM.
Old 05-19-2012

Longevity: 79%

But then, wouldn't it only link you if all your browsers were exactly the same. Why not install/uninstall some fonts on different accounts. Use different browsers. Install some plugins.

Out of curiosity. Now go into your other user login and run the BF test. See if it somes up as unique or non unique.
Old 05-19-2012
Executive [VIP]

they almost always come up as unique on the test, but if each one is unique in their own way that is fine, add/subtract add-ons and differ browsers, apart from VM ware that would be good enough....

as far as I know you cannot change the fonts or screen resolution to differ on other users unfortunately....but if they are standard I would not worry too much, suppose you could change the screen res before you log-in, takes couple of seconds, then do same on next user and so on....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 05-19-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-20-2012

Longevity: 79%

Right well FireGloves 1.1 (for firefox can be found here)
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...es/?src=search

Notable changes you can make with it are: screen resolution, platform, user agent string, disable font detection.

You get a little icon at the bottom right of your screen, click it to enable [firegloves on] and the changes will take effect. It does add an extra layer of checking things before logging into ebay though.

So if you prefer firefox and dont want lots of different browsers just install this, change the user string to look like opera, IE and even different operating systems and change your resolution.

This website will help you find a User string that makes sense (stick to browsers list)
UserAgentString.com - List of User Agent Strings

This should be more than enough if you are paranoid.