Am I going to be suspended? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-17-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Am I going to be suspended?

I have a small acct with about 500 transactions that got hit with 18 low DSR on shipping rates. Every other category is at 96% or higher, all my other metrics are green. These low scores were from one variation listing that I had. I was charging shipping but have now added the shipping cost to the product and now its free shipping. Worried that I may get suspended I sent a certified letter to the President of ebay global marketplace about the account. My review is coming up on the 20th of this month and I'm wondering if Im gonna get a reprieve or am I gonna get suspended? And If I do any ideas as to how long they would make it for?

Also I wanted to know if anyone here fully understands the numbers behind DSR ratings, especially when it comes to a variation listing. If one person buy 15 pieces from me and didn't like part of the transaction can that person then leave me 15 1's on a DSR category even though it was only one transaction?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-17-2012

Longevity: 68%

I believe your account won't be suspended right now but you may face selling limit shortly. What I suggest you should do now is to,

1. Increase your item quantity. If you do this, even you get selling limit, your items will still remain there for sell.

2. Improve your low DSR area. For shipping time, try to put few more days ahead the expected delivery time and offer free shipping.

3. Lower your price to increase your selling, if you can sell more and ship properly, overall you will get your DSR up. What they want to see is you're improving.

If one person buys you 15 pieces in 1 purchase, that counts as 1 order. He can only give you 1 rating.

One of my old account had low DSR rating and I got listing limited. Since my quantity was listed as 1000 for over 2000 listings. I still can sell them even under the limited.

Hope you'll be alright.
Old 09-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

have you checked your seller dashboard? is there anything in red regarding the DSR #'s? you have 18 low DSR in 1 month? need to be a little clearer, no one can promise anything but some things like this can be fixed
Old 09-17-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

The only reason why I believed that multiple items sold gave you multiple DSR is that my DSR under shipping fees were at 9, but then from august 24 to august 25 it goes up to 19. That made no sense to me.

These are my numbers currently. They want you to offer free shipping but when I include the price of shipping onto the craft product I sell my sales go off a cliff, but I'f I go back to the old pricing model of charging shipping I open myself up again to more low DSR in that category. I have never had anyone open cases against me and 100% feedback.

Low detailed seller ratings
12 months: Sep 01, 2011 - Aug 31, 2012 Your performance
[ Hide count ] Standard seller requirements Status
Item as described
0.23% (1) 1.00%
Communication
0.47% (2) 2.00%
Shipping time
0.23% (1) 2.00%
Shipping and handling charges
4.42% (19) 2.00%

I'm trying to cheap crap to sell that I can move fast and get my transaction numbers up, so far nothing though
Old 09-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

i would say your account is seriously in risk by those #'s. 19 is an awful lot. at 9 you should have taken care of the problem. it is just something to learn for the future. i would definitely create some more accounts to get up and running should anything happen with this account.
Old 09-18-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I never had time to fix them, I was at 9 around the 20th of august. evaluation came and I was restricted, 6 days later, literally overnight that number went from 9 to 19. This is the reason I thought that a purchase with multiple items can give you multiple DSR ratings. Everything had been fine until then, just weird I get hit with all these over a 9 day period.
Old 09-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Yes but even at 9 I think your account would've been in trouble for going below selling standards. Your % now is more than double what's allowed. Once you were at 2 or 3 I would've rested the account and use another, hence the reason for multiple accounts
Old 09-18-2012

Longevity: 73%

I had the same thing happen.

One buyer bought sixteen items, opened sixteen cases, left sixteen negatives and sixteen 1's. Not supposed to be possible but still happened.

Called customer service, and I was assured they'd be combined into one event/number, but the next month I was limited.

Once I was limited there was no way to sell enough items to change the overall percentage. Customer service was completely unable to make any adjustments.

It was downhill from there, within three months the account was gone.

That was nearly two years ago. They're singing a new 'happiness song' these days about multiple dsr's and cases from one buyer, but I don't know if it has really changed.

Takes about 90 days to get a new account really up and running, I suggest you make some backups and start working them now.

If you need them they are there, if not 'massage' them every once in a while as a hedge against utter disaster.

The one thing you can be sure of is that eventually your current account will go down, one way or another.
Old 09-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

i am not too sure of the specifics but if one person orders 15 items from you, they can leave 15 different feedbacks, they are considered individual orders. i had one person do it once with 3 items and i complained and ebay said they were each considered separate orders. sh**ty system but it is what it is
Old 09-19-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thats not a ****ty system thats setting you up to fail, If I had known I would never have started selling Craft products. Low prices along with the high cost of shipping anything gets me a ton of low DSR in shipping and handling charges. Whats worst is that I was transitioning to other stuff to get out of crafts and this was a legitimate account. ****KKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2012
Executive [VIP]

it seems as though people think you charge too much for shipping. why not raise your price and offer free shipping?
Old 09-19-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I did that, but my sales dropped off a cliff. Even when I drop my price down so low that I was losing on each single one sold. Still no sales. Ebay wants me to offer free shipping but in this category its actually better to have low product prices and buyers pay for shipping. If I go back to that though I open myself up to low DSR again.
Old 09-27-2012

Longevity: 69%

i agree with the first post, add from my experience: you need to list everything "good until canceled", this way in case you got limitation, they will stay there selling, instead of close after 7 days, 30days etc. Also, i used ebay's quantity manager, from where i can keep adding quantities even that actually in ebay i can't change or revise my listings anymore.

My question: any disadvantage there to list items good until canceled?
Old 09-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Only disadvantage is if the items are high risk. I could be in correct but FVF might be slightly higher
Old 10-14-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Has Ebay ever given you issues with using quantity manager even when your selling limits have been reached? I just tried to update a variation listing when My item limits for this month are 0. It still let me do it but I reverted back because I'm afraid of getting suspended or banned.
Old 10-19-2012

Longevity: 66%
Default Quantity Manager

negdcom,

I'm the creator of Quantity Manager. Are you referring to selling limits or listing limits?

If you mean listing limits eBay does not consider using QM to avoid your listing limits as any form of abuse so the odds of you being suspended for this should be non-existent. And really there is no reason for eBay to be against it because you aren't going to sell beyond the limits they've imposed on you. You are just allocating your Inventory on eBay more efficiently which is in both of your best interests. I've heard from some subscribers who have told me that eBay even suggested they use the app for this very purpose. Some have even successfully petitioned their account managers to temporarily remove their limits for a few hours to let them revise their quantities down with QM to get under their limits when they crossed them. Normally if you do hit your listing limits then all revisions will fail even those reducing quantity so make sure you don't cross or QM may stop working for you until your month is up.

If you actually mean selling limits I'm not really sure how that would work. I stopped selling myself right around the time selling limits became common. I'd need more information on how eBay actually blocks you when you reach your selling limits to verify whether it really does bypass them or just makes you think it is possible.