Weird eB won't let me register. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-25-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Weird eB won't let me register.

Yesterday I was trying to create a new stealth account. PP registration went smoothly, all verified+limits removed. Then I go into eB registration page and try to register but, the weirdest thing happens.

When I type in the name and email I used to register my PP account, it says that it's not a valid email address. Same goes for the eB account name, not available, when it is a valid email and the name should be available.

So I think maybe it's just a glitch and come back today and same thing, whenever I use the name for eg: John Smith and type in any email address it says the email address is invalid. So, to experiment I change the name to Kate Miller and a new email address and it goes in smoothly but, when I use Kate Miller and the email I used to sign up for PP it says it's invalid.

In the end I got around this by registering with a new name and new email altogether, *thinking* I can just change the primary name on my PP. WRONG, at this point of the day I've been up for about 35+ hours so I wasn't thinking clearly. Anyways when I tried to change the primary name on PP they asked for all the usual utility, drivers license, etc.

**Now there were 3 choices of changing the name I forget now, but it was something like, "change entire name", "change a portion of name because of a typo in registering", "change business name". Before I tried the change entire name and business name options I tried the change portion of name option. When I clicked the change portion of name option there was a message prompt that told me this will only work if you plan to change a small portion of your name for eg: Smith to Snith or Smiths BUT, the name that appeared as an example was not the name I used to register PP it was the name I used to register the eB!! So, somehow, before even attaching an eB to a PP they are connected...weird

So, now I have an eB under a totally different name and email to my PP. Which I don't like so, again weirdest thing happens. I try for the last time to register under the original PP name I made and it worked only under a different email. I thought it might be just a glitch again but, no every time I tried to register with the same name+email combo I used with PP it would still tell me invalid.

I closed the first eB acc I made with the totally different name and email and have just now attached my PP and eB with the same name and things are finally looking smooth. Just thought I'd share. This happen to anyone else or know the reason behind it?

(edit: To be clear before I created the eB under the totally different name and email, it WOULD NOT let me register under the original name I used with PP under any circumstance even with a new email, it's like the name was totally banned from being able to register an eB account, it only worked after I created the acc under the different name and email. I'm not sure if creating that new account allowed me to use the original name or not but, before I did it just would not let me at all I tried at least 50 times in all different browsers, different IPs, user accounts, it was a nightmare...)

-Albert Einstein

Last edited by jamblix; 11-25-2012 at 11:56 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-25-2012

Longevity: 71%

Nop did not happen yet to me...i think it's a glitch
Old 11-26-2012
Banned

Longevity: 85%

Try to register an account under the name John Doe..... Instant limitation maybe John Smith is the same way.....
Old 11-26-2012

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oge View Post
Try to register an account under the name John Doe..... Instant limitation maybe John Smith is the same way.....
Does this really happen when you register "John Doe" as your name? Wow.
Old 11-26-2012
Banned

Longevity: 85%

Yes try it out as soon as you make the account it's limited and a long list of items to lift the limitation.....
The Following User Says Thank You to oge For This Useful Post:
Elijah (11-26-2012)