eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   New UK member, wondering what ways are best to sell to avoid attention (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/53884-new-uk-member-wondering-what-ways-best-sell-avoid-attention.html)

rsim 12-07-2012 01:28 AM

New UK member, wondering what ways are best to sell to avoid attention

Classic ebay horror story, decided to take a year out of uni as the business I set up on ebay was going great, literally the day after I made this decision I was banned by ebay due to an old account that was suspended.

Anyway...I noticed that in the ebay stealth guide 1-day listings are not mentioned, does this mean these are to be avoided when trying to go under the radar? I ask this because this was how I was mainly going to sell my items in conjuction with approximately 10-20 good til cancelled high quantity buy it now listings.

Ideally I want to list approximately 5-10 items at 99p every day on one day auctions, and also list about 10-15 items starting at higher prices on one day auctions every day as well (with their combined start price totaling about £300)
The items are not "high-risk" they are unbranded arts and crafts materials so there is no VeRO threat and it is unlikely that any one of the items individually will sell for over £50. Having said that I would like to have around £500 worth of sales every day. It will be a UK business account I will be selling from.

So my questions, should I list 1-day? How high risk is my strategy? What's the max I should be listing a day to avoid limitation/suspicion? How long should I wait to try and reach £500 in sales a day and how can I build up to this sales target? Should I start selling with BIN's or auctions? And just in general what I should and shouldn't be doing with regards to how I want to list my items?

Thanks

GreenBean 12-07-2012 02:50 AM

Did you drive a car correctly the first time you got behind the wheel? ( That's if you drive).

This method is for later down the track when you have established an account.

Note I am not saying it is not doable.

For a new account, out of the starters block, it has weaknesses. One would be paypal's reaction to the volume of funds.

Ensure you have a fully verified & confirmed paypal to sell with ( if you choose). Have all paperwork ready for any limitations. Consider a slower plan for the initial months of the account's life
:ranger:

rsim 12-07-2012 11:32 PM

Yes, I have realised it would be quite ambitious for that volume after browsing the forums, what exactly would paypal's reaction be if I was to sell that much?

GreenBean 12-08-2012 12:12 AM

paypal will ask you for many things.

It's a sort of laundry list:

ID
Bank statement or
Utility bill
Invoices
Items receipts
Tracking Numbers of delivered goods

:juggle:

rsim 12-08-2012 08:23 AM

If I was able to supply these my account would be unlimited?

Elijah 12-08-2012 08:30 AM

The problem is that PayPal often asks for that stuff and then limits you straight after... it is as if they only ask you for those documents to ensure that you could not use them again on any accounts that you might decide to make after they limit you.

rsim 12-09-2012 05:08 AM

I don't understand why they would do this, if all details are supplied and verified that would be them accepting me as a genuine business, only for them to then stop from me using their services? By this logic they will be suspending every new business who tries to start up on eBay? Why would they do this if they are taking a percentage of all the sales? :confused:

NoneOther 12-09-2012 07:33 AM

Because e/b and p/p base their business model on risk.

Therefore if you or your business do not pass their risk assessment they do not want to deal with you, end of.

Their game, their rules I'm afraid

GreenBean 12-09-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsim (Post 399752)
I don't understand why they would do this, if all details are supplied and verified that would be them accepting me as a genuine business, only for them to then stop from me using their services? By this logic they will be suspending every new business who tries to start up on eBay? Why would they do this if they are taking a percentage of all the sales? :confused:

New rule for you to learn, rsim.

ebay does not do logic.

paypal does not do logic.

:juggle:

Elijah 12-09-2012 09:15 AM

They are the most irrational companies that I have ever encountered. It's like they just throw darts at a board while blindfolded and make a decision based on wherever it lands...

But they can be beaten.

moneyhustler88 12-09-2012 09:19 AM

I agree..i've heard of all these people who get pp's unlimited..but i've never known anyone who actually has done it..