Wanting to use relatives info - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Wanting to use relatives info

I have 3 foreign relatives that have never even heard of ebay and can careless and gave me permission to use there info for a small cut of profits. Can I open 3 different accounts with each ones different first name but all same last names, same address and bank info?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I would not use relative info -as for same address, no - then you would link all the accounts.

You cant use same bank info across multiple pp.com accounts.
Old 01-06-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

No way!

Not worth losing a relative.

Buy an account or work on your own.

Many have reported losing the account and losing a family member or friend doing this.

I dont see any plus to using a family or friends account with all the changes eb and pp make almost daily.

Easy to buy an account and be up and running quickly.
Old 01-06-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
No way!

Not worth losing a relative.

Buy an account or work on your own.

Many have reported losing the account and losing a family member or friend doing this.

I dont see any plus to using a family or friends account with all the changes eb and pp make almost daily.

Easy to buy an account and be up and running quickly.

I just dont get it... In the Stealth Book it says the #1 best option is to use a friend or family members info if possible so why is everyone in the forums against this if the book says it is the best option? Dont get me wrong. That was my first option before I even read the book and still my only option as all the other options are so complected and so unclear.... SSN, Bank account, Addresses, and all the other complicated stuff in the book that I have read over 12 times now and all I learned was how to change my IP address which I already knew how to do before reading the book... If your relatives dont care and have never used or even heard of ebay than why not use their info and give them a small profit??? This is a win win situation for all... Just explain to the family member or friend that there may be a situation of suspension and if that happens just let them know they will never be able to register with ebay with their info that they gave you.. Just be honest with them. If they agree than what is the problem?
Old 01-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

pffft, when the book was written, this idea was not unreasonable.

However the many & varied changes to the stealth game as reported on the forum now make the idea less than good.

It's a matter of adjusting to current views.

Alternatives exist.
Old 01-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by epain View Post
If your relatives dont care and have never used or even heard of ebay than why not use their info and give them a small profit??? This is a win win situation for all... Just explain to the family member or friend that there may be a situation of suspension and if that happens just let them know they will never be able to register with ebay with their info that they gave you.. Just be honest with them. If they agree than what is the problem?
So, what happens when you actually find a profitable product and greed takes over? You break the $20K limit on all accounts and now your family members owe the IRS a ton of money and don't even know about it. Maybe you get out of hand and push 6 figure sales or worse.

Would you be willing to take the fall for the legal recourse? More often than not, the answer for someone as ignorant as you seem to be would be no. So, now your family disowns you forever and you never see or hear from anyone again.

I really think it's about time you understand how silly you sound. Acting like a mindless idiot is not going to make you immune to the potential severe repercussions of any mistakes that you WILL make.
Old 01-06-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
pffft, when the book was written, this idea was not unreasonable.

However the many & varied changes to the stealth game as reported on the forum now make the idea less than good.

It's a matter of adjusting to current views.

Alternatives exist.
GreenBean, with all due respect, you know we all love and respect you but I did not even comprehend what you are talking about??? It seems like the book was made in 2008 and it is now 2013.. 5 years later... Technology like the 80's is not going to work with ebay today that is why the book and I say and still agree that the only way here is using friends and family info... And dont forget that many people dont get real answers here because most posts that are not approved get deleted leaving people like me and many others asking the same questions. I am sure this post here will get deleted too.
The Following User Says Thank You to epain For This Useful Post:
NGALO1983 (01-06-2013)
Old 01-06-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
So, what happens when you actually find a profitable product and greed takes over? You break the $20K limit on all accounts and now your family members owe the IRS a ton of money and don't even know about it. Maybe you get out of hand and push 6 figure sales or worse.

Would you be willing to take the fall for the legal recourse? More often than not, the answer for someone as ignorant as you seem to be would be no. So, now your family disowns you forever and you never see or hear from anyone again.

I really think it's about time you understand how silly you sound. Acting like a mindless idiot is not going to make you immune to the potential severe repercussions of any mistakes that you WILL make.

I really think that you are speaking out of your ass which probably sounds less silly than when you speak out of your mouth.... First of all I dont appreciate you calling me an idiot or ignorant... Only idiots and ignorant people use those terms when they have not even read the whole thread or just have no clue... I would never put anyone in harms way whether a stranger or relative... As I said, all terms would be explained before they approve and guess what you bitter hole, they approve. If I sell over $20k on each account it is agreed upon that I will take the responsibility. You coming off as so cocky shows your idiocy and ignorance.... I was not born yesterday but obviously you were...
Old 01-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
GreenBean, with all due respect, you know we all love and respect you but I did not even comprehend what you are talking about??? It seems like the book was made in 2008 and it is now 2013.. 5 years later... Technology like the 80's is not going to work with ebay today that is why the book and I say and still agree that the only way here is using friends and family info... And dont forget that many people dont get real answers here because most posts that are not approved get deleted leaving people like me and many others asking the same questions. I am sure this post here will get deleted too.
Are you maintaining it is your opinion that because something was written down in a book 5 years ago, and has since proven to be unacceptable, it still must be the correct way?

Yes or No?
Old 01-06-2013

Clearly should NOT be using relatives information. This forum is here to make sure that the members that join this forum buy the book, read the 'basics' of how to operate a stealth account. Once this is done you then use the forum to 'update' your knowledge to the methods and procedures of today's eBay and PayPal rules.

I did it the other way, knowing the book could of led me to use other information, I actually just read around the forum and used the most up to date responses from all members, saved the links with relative headings and constantly refer back to those posts through the folder with all the information.

My folder contains over 100 links which relate to posts from reputable members on this forum. It is a fantastic way to check back and make sure I am constantly operating in the correct way.

Take anyone's advice - go FULLY STEALTH - no families names - addresses or god knows what else.

Good luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Callidus For This Useful Post:
PeHe oT PecToPaHTa (01-06-2013), unkown5454 (01-06-2013)
Old 01-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Quote:
I really think that you are speaking out of your ass which probably sounds less silly than when you speak out of your mouth.... First of all I dont appreciate you calling me an idiot or ignorant... Only idiots and ignorant people use those terms when they have not even read the whole thread or just have no clue... I would never put anyone in harms way whether a stranger or relative... As I said, all terms would be explained before they approve and guess what you bitter hole, they approve. If I sell over $20k on each account it is agreed upon that I will take the responsibility. You coming off as so cocky shows your idiocy and ignorance.... I was not born yesterday but obviously you were...
Do not get upset. Its just the way unknown breaks it down and truthfully, that's what is MOST likely to happen. It is the truth what he says.

While they do want a cut, I do not think they understand the ramifications of what happens when the IRS gets involved. They will get a small percentage, but when their credit is ruined and they are getting calls from ebay/paypal/creditors asking where the money is, things tend to hit the fan PRETTY hard.

The book was made when this was NOT an issue. Not used now due to the devastation that using another family/friends info has caused.

This is why the forum is here, so we can learn from one another.
A method that worked 5 years ago has most likely changed and evolved into something that keeps us forum members safe from the laws hands. Heck, the method you have learned 5 MINUTES ago could become void with eb/pp

While naturally, in the end its up to you to use the familys info, you have been warned about what will MOST LIKELY happen when things get out of control.

Money changes people.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
Roscoe (01-06-2013), unkown5454 (01-06-2013)
Old 01-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
I have 3 foreign relatives that have never even heard of ebay and can careless and gave me permission to use there info for a small cut of profits. Can I open 3 different accounts with each ones different first name but all same last names, same address and bank info?

You need read the book properly and browse the forums for a few weeks, otherwise you might burn 3 SSNs. Once you know how Ebay/Paypal works, you can do whatever you want. Remember, the forum will always advise against using somebody elses SSN ( for obvious reasons ).

The real issue here is though, your relatives having the audacity to ask "for a small cut of profits". It's like asking a friend or family member for a favor, and be told "Sure, but only if you give me some money". I'd be more concerned about that.
The Following User Says Thank You to mercurial333 For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (01-06-2013)
Old 01-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 8%

Quote:
If I sell over $20k on each account it is agreed upon that I will take the responsibility.
Oooh, this is my favorite part. Dozens of sad stories from people such as yourself, setting sail to embark on a journey that is derived out of inexperience, laziness and a stern refusal of proper advice from so many veterans on the matter, haunt the darkest corners of this forum.

People losing their closest friends, family members, etc when the money takes control. Then they all come here crying with no hope left.

These "agreements" are clearly all verbal and mean absolutely nothing. I am sure you have also carefully worded your situation to these unknowing relatives as well in order to convince them otherwise. Either that, or all of these relatives live in some ancient civilization where money and responsibility does not exist.

Your mind was made up long before you even posted this topic. Perhaps, when it's all over, and you find yourself seeking refuge abroad to escape the ramifications of your thoughtless actions, you'll rue the days of yore and all the honest EXPERIENCED advice that you originally came to this forum for.
Old 01-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

In 2005 eBay Stealth was written by aspkin.

He spent hours putting the book together.

On the information at the time which meant absolutely no mention of paypal IRS & tax limits, it was expedient to suggest using relatives families info.

As soon as matters changed and it was announced paypal & amazon would report earnings to the IRS, usage of families & relatives info became obviously problematic.

Forum then made active choices to discourage that usage.
Taxes are worse than paypal to make a mistake over.

THE END.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (01-06-2013), epain (01-06-2013), unkown5454 (01-06-2013)
Closed Thread