Question from New "Ebay Stealth'er" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-14-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Talking Question from New "Ebay Stealth'er"

Hi All!
I was shut down right after Tgiving after having over 123 100% positive feedback score, and basically a great selling reputation. I was furious to say the least; mainly because I was shut down without a cause only stating I was "high risk". Basically, being new I did make some errors (listing high end purses and shoes right away) but- NEVER were they counterfiet! Anyway...I was so depressed because I had worked very hard on my site, gave excellent customer service etc- but they just shut me down. My husband bought me eBay Stealth for xmas and I spent my break reading and creating 3 new accounts (all verified) and I am currently selling a little bit on each to allow them time to 'cure'. One account, immediately gave me 100 limit! The other 2 was the typical 10. My question is that should I truly max out my limit on all 3 or fly under the radar with only a few things on each and give them time? I am NOT selling high risk things either- just crap around the house; used items and the only 'high end' thing would be some Victoria secret stuff that sells very well (all my own things) Any suggestions would be great! I want to hold on to all 3 of these accounts if possible and try to rebuild myself- I though maxing them out might be a red flag? But some forum posts here I have read say max it out so that they will increase my limits? Thanks in advance! xo
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-14-2013

Longevity: 70%

on new accounts with low limits..i think flying under the radar is the best way...i would maybe start of listing like two items every 2days until you build your account feedback up to at least 10. then as your limits increase and your feedback increases then you start posting more items..spread your sales over many accounts..
The Following User Says Thank You to krimson For This Useful Post:
msbond (01-15-2013)
Old 01-14-2013

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbond View Post
Hi All!
I was shut down right after Tgiving after having over 123 100% positive feedback score, and basically a great selling reputation. I was furious to say the least; mainly because I was shut down without a cause only stating I was "high risk". Basically, being new I did make some errors (listing high end purses and shoes right away) but- NEVER were they counterfiet! Anyway...I was so depressed because I had worked very hard on my site, gave excellent customer service etc- but they just shut me down. My husband bought me eBay Stealth for xmas and I spent my break reading and creating 3 new accounts (all verified) and I am currently selling a little bit on each to allow them time to 'cure'. One account, immediately gave me 100 limit! The other 2 was the typical 10. My question is that should I truly max out my limit on all 3 or fly under the radar with only a few things on each and give them time? I am NOT selling high risk things either- just crap around the house; used items and the only 'high end' thing would be some Victoria secret stuff that sells very well (all my own things) Any suggestions would be great! I want to hold on to all 3 of these accounts if possible and try to rebuild myself- I though maxing them out might be a red flag? But some forum posts here I have read say max it out so that they will increase my limits? Thanks in advance! xo
Why dont i get useful things for xmas instead of the usual junk ?
Seriously .
Keep to selling the junk but drip feed the odd normal business item in there until its at the point where its running entirely with business items without issue.
I max out my new accounts every month so if they get looked at it is apparent i need bigger selling allowances .
As long as your bahaving yourself and giving good service they will rise on there own without pushing.
But if i were you selling high end shoes etc i would be looking to spread my risk a lot greater than 3 accounts.
Good luck with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to bruceuk For This Useful Post:
msbond (01-15-2013)
Old 01-15-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 65%

Thanks guys! So appreciate your time. I like the idea of getting atleast 10 feedback on all before maxing out each month. I currently have one thats at 22, but the other two which are just now starting to sell/ship only have 2 and 3 respectively. I will follow that advice. How many accounts do you all have? Whats the average? Is there a norm for trying to stay rolling along? Min of 3 or 4? 10? I just am running out of people ! LOL
Old 01-15-2013

Longevity: 66%

Account amounts vary on your circumstances and what you need from ebay .
If you want a reliable few hundred bucks a week i would say 3 to 4 accounts will see you well placed for this dependant on your products of course.
If its your sole source of income then more may be required .
Amount of accounts is not the problem .
Limits of accounts and how good you are as a seller mean far more .
BUT you should always have a couple of spares ready to step in and produce your income WHEN the others get taken down .
Being prepared is the key .
Every day you should prepare yourself and your accounts as if they were going to be taken down tommorow .
That way you will learn to not leave too much in paypal and spread your sales amongst multiple accounts.