Appealing bank account closure - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-30-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Appealing bank account closure

HSBC closed my accounts and supposedly reported me to Chex and Early Warning System due to mismatched names. Yes, they do not automatically flag you for mismatched names like ING, but if something triggers a manual review, they will find this enough of a reason to shut you down.

In my case, I made several Paypal withdrawals to my HSBC savings account in one day and then immediately tried to transfer everything to another bank. This triggered a review and they told me they are closing me because names don't match.

Now I'm thinking about complaining about this to BBB and HSBC CEO as I've read some people had success doing so. Except I don't know how to explain why my Paypal transffers had different names and why I made several HSBC savings accounts, received Paypal transfers there and then immeidaly transferd everything to another bank. I understand why it looks fishy to them because this is not how savings accounts are normally used. But if I tell them that I have multiple Paypal accounts because the one in my name is limited and I'm banned from Paypal, I don't suppose they will show any sympathy.

So what should I tell them why I had mismatched names on Paypal transfers? Also when I was withdrawing I think it showed that the transfers were to be made in my Paypal business name, not actual person name, but I'm not sure. Does Paypal make those transfers in business name sometimes?

Last edited by stepia2; 01-30-2013 at 04:30 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-30-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I dont think I would mess with it.

It might draw attention to why you are sending deposits by mismatched names.

You might be biting off more then you want with HSBC.
Old 01-31-2013

Longevity: 76%

theres a simple solution, you work for someone and he pays you via paypal, so he added your bank to his paypal, but with multiple transfers in 1 day this may be hard.

Either that or move on.
Old 01-31-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepia2 View Post
HSBC closed my accounts and supposedly reported me to Chex and Early Warning System due to mismatched names. Yes, they do not automatically flag you for mismatched names like ING, but if something triggers a manual review, they will find this enough of a reason to shut you down.

In my case, I made several Paypal withdrawals to my HSBC savings account in one day and then immediately tried to transfer everything to another bank. This triggered a review and they told me they are closing me because names don't match.

Now I'm thinking about complaining about this to BBB and HSBC CEO as I've read some people had success doing so. Except I don't know how to explain why my Paypal transffers had different names and why I made several HSBC savings accounts, received Paypal transfers there and then immeidaly transferd everything to another bank. I understand why it looks fishy to them because this is not how savings accounts are normally used. But if I tell them that I have multiple Paypal accounts because the one in my name is limited and I'm banned from Paypal, I don't suppose they will show any sympathy.

So what should I tell them why I had mismatched names on Paypal transfers? Also when I was withdrawing I think it showed that the transfers were to be made in my Paypal business name, not actual person name, but I'm not sure. Does Paypal make those transfers in business name sometimes?

Business Paypal = Transfer in Business Name.

Not always though I think. IIRC some transfers or some accounts of mine received transfers in Person Name instead Business Name.
Old 01-31-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepia2 View Post

Never ever feed an organisation info about being 'banned from paypal.

Are you simply banned or are the funds being retained? What your age group are you?
Old 01-31-2013

Longevity: 69%

why would you withdraw so quick and then move to another account so fast on the same day anyway?

dont make stupid moves then you wouldnt have such stupid problems to solve.
Old 01-31-2013

Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Appealing bank account closure

I also have several HSBC savings attached to pp. However, I have one HSBC checking with debit card. I usually transfer from savings to checking and withdraw money from an atm.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk 2