Utilizing Selling Limits To Your Advantage Part 2. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-30-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Utilizing Selling Limits To Your Advantage Part 2.

I recently wrote yesterday about a method I use to utilize my selling limits to their maximum potential. Now I would like to share one more method that I have used to get around selling limits - and it doesn't even COUNT as part of your limit!

There is a nice little thing called "Second Chance Offer"....you may have seen it on your "Sold" page or "All Selling" page. Using this method will work if you have met your selling limit for the month (or even if you haven't met your limit yet) and it won't count against you.

If you are OK with selling your item at a lower-than-winning-bid price, go to the completed listing in the "Sold" tab and click on the drop down menu. Select "second chance offer" and a list of bidders will pop up. You can select the next highest bidder and send them the second chance offer...simply give them a message saying the winning bidder backed out, or that you have a multiple of the item they won so if they are interested then they can buy the item. It will then send them a "buy it now" format listing that ONLY they can view. They click buy it now and win the item at the price of their last highest bid.

You can do this for as many bidders on a single item as you want...and you can do it for as many items as you want. About 3 years ago I did this on a couple of items that I had multiples of and called ebay ahead of time to see if it would count toward my selling limit. Granted, I was already over my selling limit at the time, so I wanted to "phish" for the answer as to whether I would be able to send the second chance or not. Sure enough, it let me send the second chance offer, even though I was over the limit.

To this day, it still lets you send second chance offers even if your monthly selling limit is met. This is a good way to generate some more feedback and a bit more money. BUT there is always a risk that ebay MIGHT say something about it. I can only speak from personal experience and say I have had no issues with this method, but stealth accounts may be a bit trickier.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-30-2013

Longevity: 78%

I've tried this a long time ago. Hit my item limit and tried to send some second chance offers. Day later i got some MC letter in my inbox warning me not to do it again.

Only done it on one account. Maybe just bad luck, who knows...
Old 01-30-2013
Threadstarter  

How old was your account at that time? I have never gotten a warning for it, but I do not do it constantly.
Old 01-30-2013

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost View Post
How old was your account at that time? I have never gotten a warning for it, but I do not do it constantly.
Not exactly sure, it was a long time ago. I think it might have been fairly new since i wanted to get some extra feedback.
Old 01-30-2013
Threadstarter  

If it was within the 90 days, that may have been an issue. Back when I very first tried it about 3 years ago, my account was already open since 2005 time frame. So not only was it aged but it was a pre-2007. These may have been factors.

Recently though, I did try it on my current account that is only 4 months old.