Got to stop going round in circles and start up stealth again.. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-31-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Got to stop going round in circles and start up stealth again..

Whenever I think "right, going get back on eB ay selling again!" I come on here, look through some threads and get scared, convinced I haven't thought it through enough and go round in circles as to what I need to do...

So I may as well just ask for help... please

I have the following under control in my mind:
User accounts on a clean PC
Dongle
Spreadsheet for logging/checking IP
new phone number ready and more as and when I need them
Bank account(s) ready and VCC (assume Entropay is still good?)
email accounts, of course..

What's stopping me are names and addresses, ones I have access to is the plan...

-

How searchable do address have to be for example?

I recently discovered that security where I live use a seperate post code when getting things delivered to work, yet there is only a handful of addresses in the PO database with that postcode, nothing related to my residence.. Can i go to town and invent addresses that will find their way to security here or will not being on the PO database cause problems?

Or is the only good answer to pay for something somehow, storage etc? I'm going to need storage soon enough for myself but don't have the funds to start today. I'll keep that address for the future.

-

Names.. can I really make loads of variations of my real name (won't they be vulnerable to manual review?) or can I use any old trading-as name (but then would I have to register it somewhere) ? Or random names? Do they need to be searchable somehow?

-

For now, I'm looking to create 3 or so accounts, one for personal clear-out stuff, one for a low-risk collectables area and another to get started on my hobby stuff.

My long term goal is to trade in my hobby, as I used to before, which are high risk items - other traders I see do have websites but their eb ay sales appear to be vastly superiour in volume and price. There are lots of spares/parts of lower value, collectable literature etc I can build an account on for a while first..

Must be over a year I've putting this all off now! I had a really good stealth address but stuffed it up when desperately trying to buy something on eb ay and linking myself with a desperate pp transfer to get the funds. I lost out on the item that would have bagged a great profit AND stuffed the account..

So is there any advice I can be given, to put my mind at rest and just get started again? (sorry if it's a bit rambling - it's how my mind goes thinking about stealth..) Lots of thanks in advance!

Last edited by JomJarr; 01-31-2013 at 10:19 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-01-2013
Threadstarter  

Any help with setting up sturdy stealth? Pretty please?
Old 02-01-2013

Longevity: 66%

Hi Jom
Address used has to exist on PO database.
Lots of po box type companies out there try google for one in your area , there not that expensive and most will allow different names etc going to same box so you dont need lots of boxes.
Names . take your pick theres millions of them and as long as you choose the right bank to accept your payments it makes no difference .
But i cant help feeling you may be better off buying an account or two just until you get the feeling for it all as really theres nothing to worry about .
And once you have traded a little on your bought accounts you may have more confidence to create your own .
The Following User Says Thank You to bruceuk For This Useful Post:
JomJarr (03-01-2013)
Old 03-01-2013
Threadstarter  

Embarrassingly I obviously wasn't so keen as I became busy and forgot about my thread...

You may well be right you know, I might check out some accounts to buy. Although I've not fully understood how they set them up and there's the issue of access etc in the longer term but it would get me started...then again it's a false economy as I'll have to set up an account with access etc in the end.

when you say, there's millions of names... Any old name?

I'll have a look for some PO boxes - I assume that it's best to find one that has a regular style address rather than literally PO Box?

Thanks for your reply by the way, even if I didn't reply when I first saw it.
Old 03-01-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Here is a few of Bruces million---

Jom Jarr

Tom Jarr

Jarris Tom

TJ Tom

Thomas Tarr

Jim Jarr

Jay Jarr

etc

or

Bruce Keen

Bruce King

Albert Bruce

Harry Bruce

Jom Bruce

You get the picture.

Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
JomJarr (03-01-2013)
Old 03-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Whenever I think "right, going get back on eB ay selling again!" I come on here, look through some threads and get scared, convinced I haven't thought it through enough and go round in circles as to what I need to do...

So I may as well just ask for help... please
Going slowly often wins the ebay race. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
I have the following under control in my mind:
User accounts on a clean PC
Dongle
good start
Quote:
Spreadsheet for logging/checking IP
. Again, good. But this spreadsheet is so much more than some IP numbers. Have ALL of your needed info written down for future reference And make a back up copy.
Quote:
new phone number ready and more as and when I need them
Bank account(s) ready and VCC (assume Entropay is still good?)
email accounts, of course..
Aye, entropay is still good. Just make sure of your choice of bank. Not Lloyds as it can give issues with paypal.

Quote:
What's stopping me are names and addresses, ones I have access to is the plan...

-

How searchable do address have to be for example?
An address should exist. You need it for returns.
You have to be prepared ( on the off chance) that ebay/paypal might send mail as well.

Quote:
I recently discovered that security where I live use a seperate post code when getting things delivered to work, yet there is only a handful of addresses in the PO database with that postcode, nothing related to my residence.. Can i go to town and invent addresses that will find their way to security here or will not being on the PO database cause problems?

Or is the only good answer to pay for something somehow, storage etc? I'm going to need storage soon enough for myself but don't have the funds to start today. I'll keep that address for the future.
Why not try sending yourself a letter to this addess & postcode? See
what happens. If it can not link to your old suspended info. you might be have found something useful. Try that before making any accounts, of course. No luck there , then consider other options.

-

Quote:
Names.. can I really make loads of variations of my real name (won't they be vulnerable to manual review?) or can I use any old trading-as name (but then would I have to register it somewhere) ? Or random names? Do they need to be searchable somehow?
Manual review is always
the biggest issue. For a name go simple & easy.ID will be needed at some stage so think ahead now.

-

Quote:
For now, I'm looking to create 3 or so accounts, one for personal clear-out stuff, one for a low-risk collectables area and another to get started on my hobby stuff.

My long term goal is to trade in my hobby, as I used to before, which are high risk items - other traders I see do have websites but their eb ay sales appear to be vastly superior in volume and price. There are lots of spares/parts of lower value, collectable literature etc I can build an account on for a while first..
Since you have gone slowly to restart, how about making
one account first? Get it made, get it operating. If you get thrown any curve balls by ebay/paypal, you have only one account of concern. Once you get the swing of stealth, you can add your extra accounts.

Quote:
Must be over a year I've putting this all off now! I had a really good stealth address but stuffed it up when desperately trying to buy something on eb ay and linking myself with a desperate pp transfer to get the funds. I lost out on the item that would have bagged a great profit AND stuffed the account..

So is there any advice I can be given, here , to put my mind at rest and just get started again? (sorry if it's a bit rambling - it's how my mind goes thinking about stealth..) Lots of thanks in advance!
Heck, the shock of being suspended is enough to make anyone lose the plot. All of this is Karma. Maybe you were not meant to make an account 12 months back.
If you can work out stealth, then you are good to go. This is sounding very much like your time.
Good Luck.
JomJarr (03-01-2013)
Old 03-01-2013
Threadstarter  

Thanks GreenBean, the Karma bit is mentally helpful too. Too easy to beat myself up a little bit as I see non-suspended people selling stuff that I would be selling, so easily yet with what I consider poor listing effort etc, don't really know their wares as well as I do. Yet, I'm sure if I'd set things up sooner I would have been too disorganised to run it smoothly and not quite ready.

True, I'll start with the one and not go for the sprint start. Have been investigating addresses and hadn't realised how many companies offer business addresses.. so lots more to choose from than I thought. Think I'll go for that to start whilst investigating the other thing.

So, I think the name will need a little thinking about, something that won't cause problems later with docs etc..

Hopefully I'll have it going v soon.. Will make some calls tomorrow about addresses.