Seller Suspended - Voids Transaction. Where's The Policy? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-17-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Seller Suspended - Voids Transaction. Where's The Policy?

On an old account I had - Paypal went down and then the ebay account went down. Ebay account is now suspended. A buyer was still wanting to complete the transaction, stating that it is still a valid transaction. I know that it is NOT a valid transaction anymore and I do NOT have to accommodate him in any way to accept his payment and ship out. Note that he never got the chance to pay in the first place due to paypal going down.

So - what I want to know is...am I correct in saying that ebay suspension on the seller's side VOIDS the transaction out completely? I have always believed this to be so BUT I can't find it in the ebay policies anywhere. It is freaking COMMON SENSE, but I want to know if there is a specific policy stating such.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-17-2013

Longevity: 82%

If it's a good profitable sale, honor the auction. Tell him you will invoice him through paypal, use a different paypal and ship the order.

If it was an auction that you lost money on, tell him to blame ebay. The more buyers upset with ebay the better. Tell him you'd love to complete the sale but ebay and paypal won't let you. Also make sure to rub it in how great of a deal he got, how you've never sold that item for that low, it was a amazing opportunity for him to get an absolute bargain. . .then tell him to call ebay and complain.

I'd love to get the whole world against ebay, but I know personally, using this tactic I have gotten many people to blame ebay or paypal and get pissed off at them, I know for a fact, I've gotten a few people to call.
The Following User Says Thank You to corleone For This Useful Post:
zoneout (02-17-2013)
Old 02-17-2013
Threadstarter  

I've since sold the items on another account - that account went down at the beginning of January. He is just now getting around to raising crap about it. I told him the account was suspended, transaction is VOID. I found a few things on ebay's forum about transactions being void if the buyer OR seller either one gets suspended. But I can't find a definitive policy on it.
Old 02-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Look hard because there is not really a defined one.

It's the typical mumbo jumbo of ebay/paypal.

It's a by the case explanation.

Without checking the current rubbish of their T&S, maybe the dear john from paypal is the negating call?

Was there any you are excluded from using ebay under any conditions? That might be another angle too.
Old 02-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Had a bunch of auctions running, paypal went down and anyone that paid I refunded. That was the only thing I was allowed to do on paypal. After that I was trying to resolve paypal limitations but couldnt so then buyers started leaving negative feedback for receiving refunds. The account went below standard for low DSR and negs, ebay gave indefinite selling suspension and paypal is permanently limited. I do not want to complete the sale and put any of my other accounts in potential jeopardy. He insists we complete transaction, I said no because the transaction is void due to suspension and I am not obligated to co I plete the sale and neither is he.
Old 02-17-2013

I think what Corleone said is spot on. OP, you shouldnt have to be dealing with this issue. Eb caused the problem, they have thousands of CS people - tell the buyer to call them. Make eb earn their shyster fees.
Old 02-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Buyer sounds like a .................

You were excluded from the selling platform. Ebay takes the flack.
Old 02-17-2013
Threadstarter  

He is insisting that I must complete the transaction and that if he buys the items elsewhere then I am liable for the difference in cost. Sorry guy, scare tactics dont work on me. I have stated multiple times the transaction is NULL AND VOID. I will tell him to call ebay since he doesnt want to take my word.
Old 02-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

I'm gonna say the sale/transaction isn't valid.
Old 02-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
I'm gonna say the sale/transaction isn't valid.
This is already established - I am looking for a definitive policy on ebay that would state so. Haven't seen it anywhere...but it would ONLY be COMMON SENSE which this guy doesn't have.
Old 02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost View Post
This is already established - I am looking for a definitive policy on ebay that would state so. Haven't seen it anywhere...but it would ONLY be COMMON SENSE which this guy doesn't have.
I think going thru with the transaction is at your discretion like Corleone said. That is why you wont find a policy - it is essentially up to you what you want to do.

And another thing... if the buyer is so intent on claiming such policy exists then let him go ahead and research it and prove it. Like I said, I dont think you need to waste your time just because he insists it is so. Let him call ebay and try working this out with some Pakistani that dont understand him.
Old 02-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
I think going thru with the transaction is at your discretion like Corleone said. That is why you wont find a policy - it is essentially up to you what you want to do.

And another thing... if the buyer is so intent on claiming such policy exists then let him go ahead and research it and prove it. Like I said, I dont think you need to waste your time just because he insists it is so. Let him call ebay and try working this out with some Pakistani that dont understand him.
I've notified him to call ebay and take it up with them so he can hear it from the horse's mouth. It is against ebay policy to conduct the sale outside of ebay, as he is wanting to do, so that right there is grounds for the transaction being void.
Old 02-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost View Post
I've notified him to call ebay and take it up with them so he can hear it from the horse's mouth. It is against ebay policy to conduct the sale outside of ebay, as he is wanting to do, so that right there is grounds for the transaction being void.
I am surprised you keep dealing with this annoying buyer - boost, you made your decision not to sell and you are off the platform, so move on