Google attempting to take over the online market - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-19-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Google attempting to take over the online market

I thought this was interesting,, google is the hottest company in the us right now,, don't believe me? check out their stock. I think this market leader the the capability to out-run almost all other companies... and they will do it well.

Google Spends $125 Million On Channel Intelligence To Improve Google Shopping

Google has acquired Channel Intelligence for $125 million in cash.
According to its blog, Channel Intelligence (CI) tracks online retail sales for a number of categories ranging from computing to consumer packaged goods.
We're unfamiliar with Channel Intelligence, but we assume it will be a part of Google's efforts to ramp up shopping. On its site, CI talks about working with Google shopping and boosting traffic for retailers.
One of the looming threats for Google is the continued strength of Amazon. When people want to buy stuff online, they will skip Google and head straight to Amazon. Inside Amazon they will search, and then buy stuff.
Google's business is built around people searching on Google for things to buy. That's the most valuable search from a commercial perspective. Google is trying to improve its shopping services to combat users tendency to go straight to Amazon.
We assume CI will be a part of improving shopping so that when people search on Google for products it will list better, more relevant results for users. And from a retailers perspective, this could help get more relevant results to show up.
Here's the release:
RADNOR, Pa., Feb. 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ICG Group, Inc. (ICGE) ("ICG") is pleased to announce that one of its consolidated companies, Channel Intelligence, Inc. ("CI"), has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by Google Inc. (GOOG) for $125 million in cash. The transaction, which is subject to customary closing conditions, is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2013.
ICG is expected to realize approximately $60.5 million in connection with the transaction. A portion of ICG's proceeds will be held in escrow and will be subject to potential identification claims. ICG does not expect to owe any income taxes in connection with the transaction.
"Building upon the perseverance and strong foundation laid by CI's founder Rob Wight, I am extremely proud of the work we accomplished at CI," said Doug Alexander, CEO of CI and President of ICG. "With the talent and hard work of the entire CI team, we successfully navigated a very complex marketplace, ending a record year that culminated in this very exciting acquisition."
"The sale of CI to Google is a testament to the quality of its technology and its strong team led by ICG President, Doug Alexander, who positioned the company to succeed in the rapidly growing e-marketing industry," said Walter Buckley, CEO of ICG. "As drivers and architects of CI's growth and success, we are very pleased with this outcome."
"I am thrilled to see the recognition of value for what this company has accomplished," said Rob Wight, Founder and Chairman of CI. "Our vision for CI started with the desire to simplify the online shopping experience. Under the leadership of Doug and ICG, CI greatly enhanced its value proposition to its customers and partners. I am very proud to see our vision executed to this great outcome."
About ICG
ICG (ICGE) identifies, capitalizes and grows companies in the cloud-based software and services sectors. These companies transform the way business is done by enabling enterprises to increase efficiencies and improve and automate critical processes. ICG leverages its unique expertise to carefully identify companies based on their potential to become market-changers and market-leaders. ICG is focused on building profitable businesses in the cloud-based software and services sectors by infusing them with management expertise, strategic and operational guidance, as well as growth capital.
The ICG logo is available at Attachment
About Channel Intelligence
Channel Intelligence helps marketers outperform online with its CI Boost services: Facebook Platform, Where-to-Buy, Product Search Engines and Shopping Engine solutions. Relied upon by companies such as Target, Philips, HP, Neiman Marcus, Best Buy and Kimberly-Clark, CI tracks nearly 15 percent of US transactions online and drives $2 billion in sales annually in referred sales online in computing products, home improvement products, appliances, consumer electronics, toys and a variety of other consumer packaged goods. CI is owned by ICG and Aweida Capital Management. Learn more at Commerce Enable All Of Your Digital Assets.

Google Acquires Channel Intelligence For $125 Million - Business Insider
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-19-2013
Banned

Longevity: 66%

I wrote something before I went to take my long nap today but deleted it.

Google is the main search engine that people use in this world even me. The only reason is because google.com has less stuff to load up then yahoo. I been using google since 2006 I would say. Yahoo, Google are the top ones to use. I don't even use bing or heard of it till a few months ago.

I wrote before today and deleted it. I was writing that all the information that they got and so on. IS bs cause I am sure private laws were broken while doing this! Then I though I was wrong so I deleted my post not to look like an idiot! But I just went on CNN and read that EU is having problems with google due to privacy laws and I was right as always but I didn't care to research and provide proof! But here it is!

EU turns up heat on Google over privacy - Feb. 19, 2013

Google is a big company, they control most of the search engine! I hope they fail like they did with google plus social networking website!

They were big on search engine when they started out with their 10,000 computers and the 2 guys sold it for billions long ago. But they took control of the market got rid of people paying for first or 2nd page search results then started with this SEO stuff, once anyone figures out a way to manipulate it. They'll change it up a bit or a lot! They love to be complex! I feel bad for the people who are out of business cause of them. Someone in google thinks they are doing the world a favor but really, just for them and no one else. Then they started this bidding wars on ads and so on. I know a guy who pays $30 to $42 per CLICK out of Florida!!!!! That is INSANE!!! You got .02 to $42 per click?

Now they want to do this marketing thing to be better for business? Yeah right! Watch, it's like any business, once you control the market and put everyone else out, you then control the price or the market for 1 item, search engine for them, and you boost up the prices on the services cause no one will compete with you! Watch them have stores like ebay where you pay 50% of your profits! They are the Walmart of the internet you'll see. They try to get bigger each year with newer things! I got 2 ideas they could do to earn billions a year. Same with facebook. Before you know it, google will have locations in China for building/making products to resell to the American market, they only want to make more money each time! If they could do what I just said they probably already would!

First google search engine, then google maps, gtalk, google.plus networking website, G+ it's like please, don't tell me that you guys want to start selling oranges next month! They already got google chrome, they try so hard. I think they even had a google phone I read on CNN years ago! It's like please! Google AdSense, list goes on and on and on. And they have sh*t for a service as I read on here!

I know last year or 2 years ago China had a problem with google and told them to leave! I didn't follow up with it at all. If google had competition with 5 other websites, prices and things would be easier! Not sure but I think at one point they wanted to sell google laptops or electronic items.

Problem with these companies is they want to do EVERYTHING! Oh and they got google shopping cart and google check out! Batman doesn't even have a Batphone (his got the red one but you know what I mean) and these guys got it all. Horrible!

Pretty soon they'll offer stock trading online if they don't already!
Old 02-19-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

They are the only company that can wipe out ebay with one click.

Etsy is giving them a run for their money with the growth and people buying items in droves.

If google ever decided to get into the auction biz ebay would start dropping like a rock.

Google is the business of our lifetimes.

Apple and Microsoft is there but Google has went far beyond being creative and growing in many areas that Apple and Microsoft cannot touch.

They say Apple changed our lives. Dont think so, google has done more to change our lives then apple ever dreamed of.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
TonyAlmeida (02-22-2013)
Old 02-19-2013
Banned

Yeah I forgot that's another thing I had mention in my post before that I deleted.

If they own the search engine they can get rid of ebay & amazon so fast!

Apple is only good for business computers/laptops! No viruses!
Old 02-19-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 65%

That theory of "no viruses" on Mac OS X is totally wrong and that has been proved by security experts.

There are less chances of getting infected mainly because of the lower market share that Mac OS X has.

Last edited by testdog; 02-19-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-19-2013
Banned

Well still better Testdog then windows!
Old 02-19-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Yeah... but it's sad that things evolved in such a way that direct x & windows dominate the PC Gaming field :/ For that, I have to have windows...
Old 02-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

True about the PC Gaming field - so many platforms, its tough to stick with just one
Old 02-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Gaming has what to do with google taking over online market shopping?

ZILTCH

Old 02-20-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by testdog View Post
Yeah... but it's sad that things evolved in such a way that direct x & windows dominate the PC Gaming field :/ For that, I have to have windows...
For business APPLE for games Windows!

-------------------------

Hey GB!

No more PC talk!

ing!
Old 02-20-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Gaming has what to do with google taking over online market shopping?

ZILTCH

Nothing ! I think it's natural that our mouths can't fit easily into structures and topics :P
The Following User Says Thank You to testdog For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013

Longevity: 67%

The internet is definitely one of the biggest things I have ever experienced.

I remember when Color TV came out. Then a remote control to change the channel. The premium remote control also changed the Volume, lol.

The Internet has connected the World. The telephone offered somewhat of an experience when that was invented.

So if the Internet is the best thing that happened to connect the world, who is the dominant player?

Google

Googles business model is the "Freemium" system. Give away everything for Free. Get people hooked like a Drug Dealer. Then offer Gmail, Docs, Calendars, News, YouTube, etc...

Make it a part of everyones daily life.

Once they are hooked then add Services like Adwords that will bring in Billions of dollars per quarter.

Now take over all Affiliate marketing by banning everyones sites.

If I owned Google I'd be doing the exact same thing except at a faster rate.

They know how to Market, has nothing to do with building a Search Engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
They are the only company that can wipe out ebay with one click.

Etsy is giving them a run for their money with the growth and people buying items in droves.

If google ever decided to get into the auction biz ebay would start dropping like a rock.

Google is the business of our lifetimes.

Apple and Microsoft is there but Google has went far beyond being creative and growing in many areas that Apple and Microsoft cannot touch.

They say Apple changed our lives. Dont think so, google has done more to change our lives then apple ever dreamed of.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roscoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
The internet is definitely one of the biggest things I have ever experienced.

I remember when Color TV came out. Then a remote control to change the channel. The premium remote control also changed the Volume, lol.
DANG COLOR TV? Did you have a pet name T-rex with sharp teeth that would stand on 2 legs with short arms???

MAN YOU ARE OLD!

LOL

But yeah google does get you hooked, I spent countless hours on youtube, it's true!
Old 02-20-2013
Banned

Learning channels in history!

1960s National Geographics Mags.
1990s Discovery Channel
2005 youtube. Power at the finger tips!
Old 02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWhoWalks View Post
DANG COLOR TV? Did you have a pet name T-rex with sharp teeth that would stand on 2 legs with short arms???

MAN YOU ARE OLD!

LOL

But yeah google does get you hooked, I spent countless hours on youtube, it's true!
Color TV came out in the 50's, but I think Sears (huge company then, everyone bought at Sears) started offering Color TVs to the public at realistic prices in the early 60's.

I remember my father bringing home this HUGE Big Screen TV "19 inches" and when he plugged it in we could see Color on all the 3 TV stations, ABC, CBS, and NBC.

Then a few years later you could actually sit ON the couch and not move to change the channels. Later on you could actually buy a remote that could Adjust the Volume. No one believed you could change the volume, you had to see it to believe it.

BTW, the round TV knob rotated every time you changed the channels.

Later on they invented frozen TV dinners. Food was actually pre-made in a foil package you could put in the oven (no microwaves back then). Thee was no such thing as Fast Food.

No Doritos, no McDonalds, No Taco Bell, no nothing. If you wanted to eat out, you had to dress up and go to a diner.

Coke only came in 160z glass bottles, sold by the 8 pack.

Penny candy meant a penny for one piece.

Gas was 25 cents a gallon, smokes were less than 50 cents, when cigs went to an outrageous 1.00 per pack everyone said they were going to quit and the tabacco companies would all go out of business.

BTW, there were no fat peple in the 50's, it started in the late 60's. Wonder why?

Last edited by Roscoe; 02-20-2013 at 01:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roscoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2013
Banned

Quote:
Color TV came out in the 50's, but I think Sears (huge company then, everyone bought at Sears) started offering Color TVs to the public at realistic prices in the early 60's.

I remember my father bringing home this HUGE Big Screen TV "19 inches" and when he plugged it in we could see Color on all the 3 TV stations, ABC, CBS, and NBC.

Then a few years later you could actually sit ON the couch and not move to change the channels. Later on you could actually buy a remote that could Adjust the Volume. No one believed you could change the volume, you had to see it to believe it.

BTW, the round TV knob rotated every time you changed the channels.

Later on they invented frozen TV dinners. Food was actually pre-made in a foil package you could put in the oven (no microwaves back then). Thee was no such thing as Fast Food.

No Doritos, no McDonalds, No Taco Bell, no nothing. If you wanted to eat out, you had to dress up and go to a diner.

Coke only came in 160z glass bottles, sold by the 8 pack.

Penny candy meant a penny for one piece.

Gas was 25 cents a gallon, smokes were less than 50 cents, when cigs went to an outrageous 1.00 per pack everyone said they were going to quit and the tabacco companies would all go out of business.

BTW, there were no fat peple in the 50's, it started in the late 60's. Wonder why?
How could you live without fast food and internet back then and not to mention color TV it must of been an horrible childhood! :( lol

Just think how bad people had it in the 1880's! lol.

See I wrote in one of my posts to teach newbies saying that "nothing is forever" because you see, those products are gone! Some products stay forever and some are just for the moment!
Old 02-20-2013

Quote:
How could you live without fast food and internet back then and not to mention color TV it must of been an horrible childhood! :( lol

Just think how bad people had it in the 1880's! lol.

See I wrote in one of my posts to teach newbies saying that "nothing is forever" because you see, those products are gone! Some products stay forever and some are just for the moment!

We didn't know we had it so bad at the time.

A few hundred years from now people will say the same thing about us.

People back in the year 2013 had no flying saucers, they weren't able to transport themselves via the airwaves, they had to eat food, peple died before age 250, when people had sex they actually touched each other....

What a bunch of Primates
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roscoe For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (02-20-2013), zoneout (02-21-2013)
Old 02-20-2013
Banned

Quote:
We didn't know we had it so bad at the time.

A few hundred years from now people will say the same thing about us.

People back in the year 2013 had no flying saucers, they weren't able to transport themselves via the airwaves, they had to eat food, peple died before age 250, when people had sex they actually touched each other....

What a bunch of Primates
I hope I live so long that by the time I am your age they'll find way to live 250 years then by that time they'll find a way to make me younger and live 1000's of years!

Just imagine my feedback on ebay! lol TRS of the century. lol
Old 02-20-2013

Ghost - Roscoe
You 2 have the uncanny ability to wipe out the whole idea of the original thread.
This is not a complaint as the posts you offer generally are more readable than the original post would manufacture but what such has to do with google taking over the world is slipping away .
The way i look at things (maybe wrongly) is if google vanished overnight would my life change ? NO
If telephones , internet and tv vanished things in my life would change in a big way .
Google has nothing i cant live without , one day people will realise this .
Old 02-20-2013
Banned

omg ARE YOU KIDDING ME? If google was gone over night! Just think of all those people who did SEO for it. And all those top companies. What else is there yahoo and bing right? Nothing else or is there???

Google has a lot to offer to be honest. So many people have AdSense and make money off of it! I use too 2 summers ago. And I am not the only one.

RayWilliamJohnson YouTube Stats by Social Blade
(by the way I had emailed the owner of the site to add everything for the last 30 days cause I was getting sick and tired of doing it on excel!) He listened too me!
(this tells you how much they make)
This is one person off youtube look how much they make! Do you know the panic that would happen if people didn't have google products, such as youtube and other things? When yahoo is down or msn, or facebook, it's on CNN and people don't know what to do anymore!

Yahoo and google don't have the same search results. I've tested this a few months ago!
Old 02-20-2013

Quote:
omg ARE YOU KIDDING ME? If google was gone over night! Just think of all those people who did SEO for it. And all those top companies. What else is there yahoo and bing right? Nothing else or is there???

Google has a lot to offer to be honest. So many people have AdSense and make money off of it! I use too 2 summers ago. And I am not the only one.

RayWilliamJohnson YouTube Stats by Social Blade
(by the way I had emailed the owner of the site to add everything for the last 30 days cause I was getting sick and tired of doing it on excel!) He listened too me!
(this tells you how much they make)
This is one person off youtube look how much they make! Do you know the panic that would happen if people didn't have google products, such as youtube and other things? When yahoo is down or msn, or facebook, it's on CNN and people don't know what to do anymore!

Yahoo and google don't have the same search results. I've tested this a few months ago!
Kidding ?
Not in the slightest.
It would not influence my life in one single way if google went bust right now.
Apart from i may need to search harder for websites .
There was a time the internet existed without google and it worked without issue .
Old 02-20-2013
Banned

IT would for most people, gmail and all their contacts! List goes on and on.

I would be pretty pissed off if yahoo deleted their email service over night without telling me anything! OMG! It happened to some people with hotmail, or msn last year! Really sucks!

No worries, when a new search will come, google will be like yahoo, how myspace was before facebook. Etc.