Google attempting to take over the online market - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-20-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceuk View Post
Ghost - Roscoe
You 2 have the uncanny ability to wipe out the whole idea of the original thread.
This is not a complaint as the posts you offer generally are more readable than the original post would manufacture but what such has to do with google taking over the world is slipping away .
The way i look at things (maybe wrongly) is if google vanished overnight would my life change ? NO
If telephones , internet and tv vanished things in my life would change in a big way .
Google has nothing i cant live without , one day people will realise this .
I agree, the Big G can go **** themselves.

That's why good marketers have many sources of traffic. I've said this a million times in this forum.

Same goes for Ebay, **** em!

Even if they did away with the entire Internet I could survive.

Targeted Direct Mail is one of the BEST traffic sources, period.

Before Ebay there were flea markets, garage sales, classified ads, etc...

TV, Radio, Newspapers, Magazines, Monthly Newsletters sent by USPS,

Look at how the big boys get their traffic. It's not the Internet.

Infomercials, TV ads, Newspapers, Magazines, Classified Ads, Direct Mail, postcard (like Bed, Bath & Beyond),...

The majority of people on the internet have NO "marketing" experience, that's why most fail.

Do you think McDonalds, Coca-Cola, GM, IBM, etc... rely on the internet or Google? **** no!

They have highly paid consultants (like me) who tell them how to market effectively. It ain't the internet folks.

Yes, you can make money via the internet, but you will always make a lot more by using other methods that are Targeted traffic.

Stop mirroring what other small minded people do, think like the Big Boys if you want to make big money.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roscoe For This Useful Post:
bruceuk (02-20-2013)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-20-2013
Banned

Longevity: 66%

Times have changed Roscoe.

If you work from home internet is the best! I know you use it for what you do! :P

Something that worked a long time ago, might not work today. Today those big boys are all using facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/cocacola?ref=ts&fref=ts
59,654,228 likes

https://www.facebook.com/McDonalds?fref=ts
27,398,264 likes

Internet is the new AGE of contacting people since they all sit on it. I download most of my TV shows, without commercials. I am just a percentage of this!

You guys are also right, did you guys notice how ebay/google/paypal/amazon/facebook and all the big major companies are using cell phones to contact people and work with? That's the new way!

Everyone has his own option, I believe the mailing system/usps dropped when internet came into the picture, no one buying stamps, everyone doing emails! I remember it reading in the news it dropped enough to make the news!

I don't know about you guys but flat markets, garage sales and all. I like to buy my things NEW! Not 2nd hand!

All those Magazine companies, now have facebook also. Even playboy
https://www.facebook.com/playboy?fref=ts
7,984,164 likes

And yeah fast food still does things on TV, coupons in the news papers, it's just ways to get them more traffic as you say. But there are so many companies that just rely on online only and nothing else! Not TV, not real world stuff, not Newspapers, not infomercials, TV ads, Classified Ads, Direct Mail, post cards, everything done by emails, facebook fan page, twitter, etc.

Just think of the stock holders in google!

You are both right, and I am half way wrong also. lol.
Old 02-20-2013
Banned

https://www.facebook.com/f4ep
phone apps facebook largest fan on their website!!!
204,524,489 likes

weebly.com wix.com ebay/paypal/amazon/google/yahoo. All build a system to have phones also! I came up with something cool last year just need someone to build it for me for those phones!

People are on the phone 24/7. At work, school, in between traveling, etc.

Internet marketing is direct! You can have a customer within seconds or minutes! Doing it the old fashion way with sending cashiers checks, and so on, took forever! I like to be in the fast lane these days! Internet! 1 banner, 1 customer in minutes, money in my account within minutes! BAM DONE!
Old 02-20-2013

Ive got to be straight here.
I have no time for marketing people as a rule .
I consider them trying to make something out of nothing.
If you make a good income from this great but its not for me.
I work on the principle of if you have an item required by others they will buy it .
If you dont have such an item you need clever marketing and the boffins to help you as your items dont stack up.
Maybe this is an old fashioned idea but im to old to change now.
I do well from social media sites but im still convinced if these did not exist i would still get the business as ive spent 20 years developing my market and products so this extra social crap just makes it appear i am keeping up with the times to my punters .
So its pretty basic , if you have something people want thay will search for you .
If you subscribe to the masses and sell generic items in the same manner as a million others you sadly will have to rely on other methods to make you stand out.
Old 02-20-2013

This is why you have much to learn Grasshopper.

The big boys use all media.

The most successful marketers all use Direct Mail.

Bed, Bath, and Beyond said they avoided bankruptcy by using those oversized postcards that are sent via USPS. In fact, the CEO said they put theire #1 competitor (Linends & Things) out of business by using direct mail.

Keep believing the Internet is THE new AGE of contacting people, it's not. It's just another media source. Same with TV, Radio, Newspapers, etc...

I love the internet and use it for my business.

Smart marketing people understand that if you integrate Direct Mail, Magazines, Newspapers, Radio, etc... into your sales funnel your Revenue will have a parabolic rise.

If you used 100% of your internet resources, you have left a ton of money on the table. A good marketer takes ALL the low hanging fruit he can.

I attend conferences around the world with THE most successful people on the planet. The will all tell you the same things I have.

STOP thinking that the Internet is the end to all means. It's just the tip of the iceberg. Below the iceberg, below the waterline the iceberg is 100x bigger than the part out of the water, that part IS the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWhoWalks View Post
Times have changed Roscoe.

If you work from home internet is the best! I know you use it for what you do! :P

Something that worked a long time ago, might not work today. Today those big boys are all using facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/cocacola?ref=ts&fref=ts
59,654,228 likes

https://www.facebook.com/McDonalds?fref=ts
27,398,264 likes

Internet is the new AGE of contacting people since they all sit on it. I download most of my TV shows, without commercials. I am just a percentage of this!

You guys are also right, did you guys notice how ebay/google/paypal/amazon/facebook and all the big major companies are using cell phones to contact people and work with? That's the new way!

Everyone has his own option, I believe the mailing system/usps dropped when internet came into the picture, no one buying stamps, everyone doing emails! I remember it reading in the news it dropped enough to make the news!

I don't know about you guys but flat markets, garage sales and all. I like to buy my things NEW! Not 2nd hand!

All those Magazine companies, now have facebook also. Even playboy
https://www.facebook.com/playboy?fref=ts
7,984,164 likes

And yeah fast food still does things on TV, coupons in the news papers, it's just ways to get them more traffic as you say. But there are so many companies that just rely on online only and nothing else! Not TV, not real world stuff, not Newspapers, not infomercials, TV ads, Classified Ads, Direct Mail, post cards, everything done by emails, facebook fan page, twitter, etc.

Just think of the stock holders in google!

You are both right, and I am half way wrong also. lol.

Last edited by Roscoe; 02-20-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-20-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Ding Ding

Roscoe said marketing and my ears started to ring and I was not even at home.

Out thrift store shopping and dollar store pick ups after taking kids to school.

You can be smart, rich or whatever you have but if you cannot market something you might as well go back to sleep.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
Roscoe (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013

You have no time for marketing people because you don't understand marketing. You might think you do, but you don't.

There is a big difference beteen Marketing and Advertising. Advertising sucks.

If you have a great product or service, marketing can increase sales a 1,000x

Every big company does marketing. Apple, Google, IBM, GM, etc...

Why do you suppose that is?

Should Apple just assume they have the best product and do no marketing?

Everything Apple does is related to Marketing, very little has to do with the actual product anyore.

iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 6, 7, 8... it's all the same product. Yet Apple has people lined up for DAYS at retail stores waiting to release the next stupid iphone.

That's what Great Marketing can do. Make your company the largest in the World.

Quote:
Ive got to be straight here.
I have no time for marketing people as a rule .
I consider them trying to make something out of nothing.
If you make a good income from this great but its not for me.
I work on the principle of if you have an item required by others they will buy it .
If you dont have such an item you need clever marketing and the boffins to help you as your items dont stack up.
Maybe this is an old fashioned idea but im to old to change now.
I do well from social media sites but im still convinced if these did not exist i would still get the business as ive spent 20 years developing my market and products so this extra social crap just makes it appear i am keeping up with the times to my punters .
So its pretty basic , if you have something people want thay will search for you .
If you subscribe to the masses and sell generic items in the same manner as a million others you sadly will have to rely on other methods to make you stand out.
Old 02-20-2013
Banned

Well you arn't teaching me oh great one! The emails stopped! Grasshopper has no teacher! I did learn something from you JV, but this I can't use for a while. Until my 4th or 5th product maybe even 6th!

Guys face it internet will be here forever, new googles will show up etc.

Social networking websites and google are not really the answers for all businesses, I mean take a look at an oil changing place for the car. I just find internet great cause when I pick up and move, I can keep on doing what I am doing from anther location and not look for a job or beg for one!
--------------------------
In with the new, out with the old! You guys see google makes money even when you are on the cell phone with ads! So does facebook! Ebay is sending emails weekly too me saying "please use more pictures for your auctions to get buyers who use cell phones to view it etc blah blah" I never read this! But something like that.

Roscoe, in the last month I wanted to go to a school to learn marketing. But I don't feel like wasting 2 years of my life learning this, because by the time I come out, there will be newer ways. Someone with a webcam or camera shows off a blander on youtube and sold 1 million of those I think not too sure. Yet you are sitting in class! Did you go to school or learn with everything you had and meeting all those people?

What works for one company might not work for another. But it does mostly!!!

Any marketing you use, will increase sales! That's what I think! Oh I believe you, about using the internet fully with all marketing tatics.

I just figured a way to make $600 to $2k last night off ebay, with one super tatic!!! I seen someone else selling the same category as me doing it! IT'S AWESOME!!! I just got to wait 2 or 3 months to get there! :(

Roscoe I was going to ask you something today about how much you would charge for marketing my product! No joke!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sandy just buy the thrift store out already! OWN the LOCATION, become ONE WITHIN!
Old 02-20-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
You have no time for marketing people because you don't understand marketing. You might think you do, but you don't.

Everything Apple does is related to Marketing, very little has to do with the actual product anyore.

iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 6, 7, 8... it's all the same product. Yet Apple has people lined up for DAYS at retail stores waiting to release the next stupid iphone.

Yeah but iPhone the first one that comes out of the year always has bugs! And then part 2 of that version is fixed! They make iphone 5, 6, 7, 8, but iphone 8 has things that iphone 7 and before don't have and apps that won't work with it no more. As you said it's a special type of marketing, last week.
Old 02-20-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:

Roscoe I was going to ask you something today about how much you would charge for marketing my product! No joke!

Sandy just buy the thrift store out already! OWN the LOCATION, become ONE WITHIN!

Can you please tell me in details the exact product you want marketed, send me some photos, where you got it at and if you have had any success with it in the past? I will market it for you.

Did well today at the thrift store! Big score on some antiques and a super nice NFL 1980s silk throwback jacket.
Old 02-20-2013

Quote:

YEP .
I will agree with you on that one i dont understand it one bit.
I rely on the fact i own items people want and will pay to own themselves.
I dont want to take over the world or become the biggest co etc.
I want a good quality of life and something decent to pass to my kids and god willing this is on track.
As i said if people make good cash from marketing then good on them .
I will still prefer to do it the old fashioned way but thats just me ...
Old 02-20-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Can you please tell me in details the exact product you want marketed, send me some photos, where you got it at and if you have had any success with it in the past? I will market it for you.

Did well today at the thrift store! Big score on some antiques and a super nice NFL 1980s silk throwback jacket.
I am still wondering if I should wait till I got a few $100 more in my PP account or before I have my website build.

I don't even show photos of my product! That's the thing! For now just ebay.

Oh Sandy was thinking of you today when I went out ot eat. We have a chinese antiques here in Lux very pricey!!! Something you be into?
Old 02-20-2013

I don't think that any sane person thinks the Internet or Google is going away.

I also know that the internet can add revenue to your top line growth (revenue).

What I'm trying to get across is by using other media you can substantially Increase your income.

Direct Mail is similar to Adwords, you target customers as you would keywords.

You can buy a Name and Address list of buyers for Any product. Let's say women over 50, divorced, overweight, who make over a $100,000 per year.

You think these women might be interested in weight loss products, health spas, dating sites, perfume, etc...?

Send out a postcard offering a free gift, direct them to your WEBSITE, capture their email, and start selling.

Use direct mail to get buyers online.

You'll make so much friggin money you'll have massive tax problems.

Quote:
Well you arn't teaching me oh great one! The emails stopped! Grasshopper has no teacher! I did learn something from you JV, but this I can't use for a while. Until my 4th or 5th product maybe even 6th!

Social networking websites and google are not really the answers for all businesses, I mean take a look at an oil changing place for the car. I just find internet great cause when I pick up and move, I can keep on doing what I am doing from anther location and not look for a job or beg for one!
In with the new, out with the old! You guys see google makes money even when you are on the cell phone with ads! So does facebook! Ebay is sending emails weekly too me saying "please use more pictures for your auctions to get buyers who use cell phones to view it etc blah blah" I never read this! But something like that.

Roscoe, in the last month I wanted to go to a school to learn marketing. But I don't feel like wasting 2 years of my life learning this, because by the time I come out, there will be newer ways. Someone with a webcam or camera shows off a blander on youtube and sold 1 million of those I think not too sure. Yet you are sitting in class! Did you go to school or learn with everything you had and meeting all those people?

Any marketing you use, will increase sales! That's what I think! Oh I believe you, about using the internet fully with all marketing tatics.

I just figured a way to make $600 to $2k last night off ebay, with one super tatic!!! I seen someone else selling the same category as me doing it! IT'S AWESOME!!! I just got to wait 2 or 3 months to get there! :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 02-20-2013

Quote:

Roscoe, in the last month I wanted to go to a school to learn marketing.

But I don't feel like wasting 2 years of my life learning this, because by the time I come out, there will be newer ways. Someone with a webcam or camera shows off a blander on youtube and sold 1 million of those I think not too sure. Yet you are sitting in class! Did you go to school or learn with everything you had and meeting all those people?

School, are you friggin kidding? If a professor knew anything about marketing he wouldn't be teaching. I knew more about marketing and business than all my professors. All they knew was Theory. Almost none had real experience. They were all O'Bama like. No experience.

If you want to learn marketing then study and buy courses from the masters, not some F****** teacher.

Maybe the teachers at Wharton might have a clue, every other college is worthless.

Steve Jobs, nor Bill Gates learned from some idiot teacher.
Sandy D (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013
Banned

Quote:
I don't think that any sane person thinks the Internet or Google is going away.

I also know that the internet can add revenue to your top line growth (revenue).

What I'm trying to get across is by using other media you can substantially Increase your income.

Direct Mail is similar to Adwords, you target customers as you would keywords.

You can buy a Name and Address list of buyers for Any product. Let's say women over 50, divorced, overweight, who make over a $100,000 per year.

You think these women might be interested in weight loss products, health spas, dating sites, perfume, etc...?

Send out a postcard offering a free gift, direct them to your WEBSITE, capture their email, and start selling.

Use direct mail to get buyers online.

You'll make so much friggin money you'll have massive tax problems.
I didn't think myspace and yahoo would drop down from that number 1 spot from their category! Or ebay! Amazon is in the lead!

Adwords I have read horror stories about. I think a prepaid with $20 or $50 on it, just to test it out! I don't want to get charged $500 or $2000 within 5 minutes.

That be a nice list to buy! Not that age group cause it would limit me in a big way. I am wondering if those lists are emails or what? Just name and addresses.

Yeah women will be interested in those for sure! Perfume is something I wanted to sell since 10 years ago but finding the right price for it and the market plus scams, I backed off! Plus a bit heavy to ship!

I told you about sending random gifts to people and you said it won't work! AOL DID IT! I know you said postcard, but yeah. I get what you mean.

Tax problems? Come on man you know me! You and I live in different worlds for that topic! I hope that little guy is you trying to say you envy me!
Old 02-20-2013

Quote:
I am still wondering if I should wait till I got a few $100 more in my PP account or before I have my website build.

I don't even show photos of my product! That's the thing! For now just ebay.

Oh Sandy was thinking of you today when I went out ot eat. We have a chinese antiques here in Lux very pricey!!! Something you be into?
You can have a nice website built for less than $200. A good website.

Or you can go to Weebly - Create a free website and a free blog and start something of your own for now.
GhostWhoWalks (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013
Banned

Quote:
School, are you friggin kidding? If a professor knew anything about marketing he wouldn't be teaching. I knew more about marketing and business than all my professors. All they knew was Theory. Almost none had real experience. They were all O'Bama like. No experience.

If you want to learn marketing then study and buy courses from the masters, not some F****** teacher.

Maybe the teachers at Wharton might have a clue, every other college is worthless.

Steve Jobs, nor Bill Gates learned from some idiot teacher.
Yeah that's why I didn't even google the best schools for marketing! O'B like

How do I know who the masters in the field are? With so many claiming to be!
Old 02-20-2013

Use offline media to drive people Online <<<< that my friend is what some of the most successful companies in the world are doing today.

Quote:
I didn't think myspace and yahoo would drop down from that number 1 spot from their category! Or ebay! Amazon is in the lead!

Adwords I have read horror stories about. I think a prepaid with $20 or $50 on it, just to test it out! I don't want to get charged $500 or $2000 within 5 minutes.

That be a nice list to buy! Not that age group cause it would limit me in a big way. I am wondering if those lists are emails or what? Just name and addresses.

Yeah women will be interested in those for sure! Perfume is something I wanted to sell since 10 years ago but finding the right price for it and the market plus scams, I backed off! Plus a bit heavy to ship!

I told you about sending random gifts to people and you said it won't work! AOL DID IT! I know you said postcard, but yeah. I get what you mean.

Tax problems? Come on man you know me! You and I live in different worlds for that topic! I hope that little guy is you trying to say you envy me!
GhostWhoWalks (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013

Quote:
Yeah that's why I didn't even google the best schools for marketing! O'B like

How do I know who the masters in the field are? With so many claiming to be!
I'll post some of the best for all to see.
Old 02-20-2013
Banned

Quote:
You can have a nice website built for less than $200. A good website.

Or you can go to Weebly - Create a free website and a free blog and start something of your own for now.
I already have a few of those free ones and honestly I got on top of the search engines that I had to pull my address off! Just in case! lol. And to be honest, I was not selling anything just using the site for orders, with peoples addresses, and what they ordered along with postage printing file.
Old 02-20-2013
Banned

Quote:
I'll post some of the best for all to see.
Or PM! Or just post it out there.
Old 02-20-2013

Quote:
YEP .
I will agree with you on that one i dont understand it one bit.
I rely on the fact i own items people want and will pay to own themselves.
I dont want to take over the world or become the biggest co etc.
I want a good quality of life and something decent to pass to my kids and god willing this is on track.
As i said if people make good cash from marketing then good on them .
I will still prefer to do it the old fashioned way but thats just me ...
There's nothing wrong with wanting to stay a small business.

The problem with small is that eventually the Big Box guys ususally win.

He with the most Marketing Dollars can destroy the competition. That's the WalMart way.

I'm not saying what you're doing doesn't work.

What I'm saying is that if you used a few of my marketing ideas your revenue and profits would increase substantially.

My methods are tried, tested, and proven with years of experiece. I've been taught by the Best of the Best.

Good luck.