How do I buy from my stealth account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-11-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default How do I buy from my stealth account?

One of my best friends let me use his ebay account around a year ago, this was after I was suspended and had no other options. It had 30 feedback when I got it but over the past year I've earned TRS & PS status for it and have brought up the feedback to almost 1000. Unfortunately, he now wants it back :( I've offered him $500 for it but he won't take it. I own several other stealths but none have my address, obviously.

I'll be giving this account back to him soon but now I don't have a buyer account with my address on it. I'll still need to buy items from ebay so I'm wondering if there's any way to buy items with my stealth accounts and have them shipped to my address?

I've heard I can create another ebay account with my name and address just for buying but I still would like to know if there's a way to buy from my stealth. I have a few accounts without a BA attached and I'd love to be able to just buy what I need with the funds.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated, thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Alter your address slightly and make a buyer account from scratch - not hard to do.

Get a big loaded vcc or gift card and attached it - I do this. You can keep replacing the card. Technically, I have taken a real credit card and registered to my stealth address (which I have access to) and use it just for buying. Works nicely for this one account.

Last edited by rsot; 03-11-2013 at 08:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
TheRevolver (03-11-2013)
Old 03-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Just create a new buyer account with your real address. No problem to me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRevolver View Post
One of my best friends let me use his ebay account around a year ago, this was after I was suspended and had no other options. It had 30 feedback when I got it but over the past year I've earned TRS & PS status for it and have brought up the feedback to almost 1000. Unfortunately, he now wants it back :( I've offered him $500 for it but he won't take it. I own several other stealths but none have my address, obviously.

I'll be giving this account back to him soon but now I don't have a buyer account with my address on it. I'll still need to buy items from ebay so I'm wondering if there's any way to buy items with my stealth accounts and have them shipped to my address?

I've heard I can create another ebay account with my name and address just for buying but I still would like to know if there's a way to buy from my stealth. I have a few accounts without a BA attached and I'd love to be able to just buy what I need with the funds.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 03-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
Just create a new buyer account with your real address. No problem to me at all.
As long as 1) address has not been suspended 2) you want people to have your real address.
Old 03-12-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Did you read the whole post? I have money in 1 of my stealths with no BA attached and would like to spend it on ebay purchases and have it shipped to my address.
Old 03-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

I would suggest adding a bank account and withdrawing the cash, why?

Because very few Sellers are willing to ship to a different address other than the one on file with Paypal.

Make your own "Buying/Selling" account with your "Real" address with slight different spelling but still able to arrive to you safely.

Example: 1222 Mountain St.
Modified to: 1222 Mountn St

Example: 5444 Pacific Coast Highway
Modified To: 5444 PCH

It will still work as long as the address is not completely spelled differently.
Old 03-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Yes, I did.

Used your stealth account buy a ebay giftcard (direct from ebay) and give the real buyer account email address.

This is what I have been doing for almost a year now.
Quote:
Did you read the whole post? I have money in 1 of my stealths with no BA attached and would like to spend it on ebay purchases and have it shipped to my address.
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyAlmeida For This Useful Post:
TheRevolver (03-12-2013)
Old 03-12-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes, I did.

Used your stealth account buy a ebay giftcard (direct from ebay) and give the real buyer account email address.

This is what I have been doing for almost a year now.
Thanks for that info, I've been wondering if I could do that. I didn't know if it was safe though, as ebay would be able to see what account it was bought from, wouldn't they? If they see this continuous cycle, wouldn't they find it suspicious?
Old 03-12-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
I would suggest adding a bank account and withdrawing the cash, why?

Because very few Sellers are willing to ship to a different address other than the one on file with Paypal.

Make your own "Buying/Selling" account with your "Real" address with slight different spelling but still able to arrive to you safely.

Example: 1222 Mountain St.
Modified to: 1222 Mountn St

Example: 5444 Pacific Coast Highway
Modified To: 5444 PCH

It will still work as long as the address is not completely spelled differently.
I don't want to waste a Bank Account on a 10/1000. I'm trying to wait for the limits to raise before I add one.

Is it not okay for me to just create a new ebay with my suspended info? I thought I read somewhere it's okay to do this as long as it's a buyer account and not a seller?
Old 03-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Is it not okay for me to just create a new ebay with my suspended info? I thought I read somewhere it's okay to do this as long as it's a buyer account and not a seller?
I don't know about that specifically but I would not chance it. Maybe others can chime in on that area specifically.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
TheRevolver (03-12-2013)
Old 03-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Don't know what other people say, but for me it is no problem at all. I'm currently have 3 buyer account with the same information as banned seller account. No problem yet.
Old 03-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Don't know what other people say, but for me it is no problem at all. I'm currently have 3 buyer account with the same information as banned seller account. No problem yet.
Sigh the whole question is "yet" - why risk an account going down because of old info? Why play with fire when so easy not to? Stealth works
Old 03-13-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

In most cases ebay will allow you to buy from a banned account.

Many here have posted they turned around and opened a new buyer only account and funded the purchases with a cc or sending funds from a new bank account.

Most state they used the exact same info as the banned account but only used to buy and never sell.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
TheRevolver (03-13-2013)
Old 03-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
In most cases ebay will allow you to buy from a banned account.

Many here have posted they turned around and opened a new buyer only account and funded the purchases with a cc or sending funds from a new bank account.

Most state they used the exact same info as the banned account but only used to buy and never sell.
That's what I did
Old 03-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I don't want to waste a Bank Account on a 10/1000. I'm trying to wait for the limits to raise before I add one.

Then buy from shops you can go and physically pick up the item
Old 03-14-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Then buy from shops you can go and physically pick up the item
What shops would that be? I heard Walmart requires ID when going in to pick something up, I'm sure other shops would too. I don't see how this would be possible unless they allow a third party to pick it up.
Old 03-15-2013

Longevity: 78%

I've never had a problem setting up multiple buyer only accounts with my real, banned details even though they're sending me fee chasing letters from an old account to the very same address.

Having said that, I still exercise semi-stealth, separate user accounts for each, change IP etc - simply so that it's not immediately obvious I'm flouting their rules.

Then the only problem is paying with PP - but you can pay as a guest user most of the time and pay with a freshly created VCC card for each buyer account. Paying as guest does have a limit to the number of times you use it/spend limit per email address. So move to another buyer account and start again when you hit it.

(having said that, PP let me register the very same details as before and re-open a banned account to get around that limit ?? - as long as I pay with VISA, so they do no more than process the payment, no money goes in or out of the actual account, I don't think they'll get to capture any funds and close the account again. But I'll see... ! Might just move my buying to another account though.)

Big money items I pick up in person and pay cash.

There's no playing with fire anyway - if they did eventually stop you from buying with that account then what will happen? It's the same details as banned already..
Old 03-15-2013

Anyway, if you must buy with a stealth account then set up that account with a PO box that accepts parcels (or they're friendly and you can notify them when one is expected or change the service they provide on a temp basis).
Old 03-15-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Some states wont allow any mail coming into a PO box without an ID of the name on the box.

If you are in one of those states use mom and pop mailboxes etc type places or USPS and use a business name.
Old 03-15-2013

Get them to send using a business name that you've registered with mail box - perhaps even just your eb name.

How about a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name that could sound like a business and you register that name as the business name at the Mail box along with your real name..

Err.. William Melater aka Bill Me Later - sounds like a good business to me!