How did my seller get away with this? £70 lost! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-22-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default How did my seller get away with this? £70 lost!

I recently bought an item off eBay, on winning it the guy sent me a message saying his paypal recieval limit had been reached so could i send him the money directly to his wifes paypal.
I said sure as long as it's as goods.
Anyway long story short 7 days go bye and i don't have my item.
I contact the seller and he gives me a postage tracking number for another address that isn't mine on paypal..it's the same house number and a very similar postcode..but not mine. He then says his wife does all his shipping and must have got the two mixed up. I escalated the paypal dispute.
Seller added that same tracking number to the wrong address (which doesn't match the delivery address on paypal or any of my paypal addresses).
Paypal ask him for additional info..then today I get told that they've ruled in his favour?? I received no item and the tracking info has another persons name on it as signed for..and gone to a different address than my paypal address..

my question is how did he get away with this..and wtf!

Last edited by moneyhustler88; 03-22-2013 at 11:35 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Appeal the case, then you may win. I have done this many times, because then they actually have to read what you write on the case.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
moneyhustler88 (03-22-2013)
Old 03-22-2013
Threadstarter  

Hey Bunneh thanks for the advice.. appreciate it.
Well I did decide to appeal it..then rang paypal and after speaking to someone in claims they have reactivated the case..and asked for additional info..so fingers crossed this time they get it right
Old 03-22-2013

Why would you send the money to a different paypal in the first place...
The Following User Says Thank You to Batman For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-22-2013)
Old 03-22-2013
Threadstarter  

wanted the item and it was same surname so thought its probe genuine
Old 03-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Think in future, THINK.

You have form for having less than good purchases. You are not concentrating enough on your deals.

T

Hope you are lucky. But next time, STOP & consider. Post here before agreeing to any idiocy from a seller.
At least we will say if it is sensible or not.
Old 03-22-2013
Threadstarter  

true say greanbean i shall have too
Old 03-26-2013
Threadstarter  

Update: despite phone call to paypal..seller never responded.
Paypal once again ruled the appeal in favour of the seller even though the item wasn't sent to my specified paypal address.

Now am left unsure what to do
Old 03-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyhustler88 View Post
Update: despite phone call to paypal..seller never responded.
Paypal once again ruled the appeal in favour of the seller even though the item wasn't sent to my specified paypal address.

Now am left unsure what to do
did you appeal over the phone or on the case on your account?
Old 03-26-2013
Threadstarter  

I appealed it on my account..but then I rang them to explain. The woman looked at the file in the claims team and said oh yeah i can see this is just an automated thing that its closed and won it in your case..so i'll put the case back to additional info. So it went back. Seller didn't submit any additional info..and today I got an email saying same thing again..that they couldn't rule in my favour. Tried calling them but looks like their offices are closed.
Old 03-27-2013
Threadstarter  

Update: i emailed paypal and got an automated response from them saying the sellers provided 'valid tracking information' and apparently whoever it got delivered to at the wrong address picked it up from a depot. so it shows as delivered. Paypal aren't taking no for a answer and just keep saying the proof of postage is valid.. take it i've lost £70 then?
Old 03-27-2013

Longevity: 82%

What are you talkin about man. Call them and get a supervisor or someone who can actually do something about it on the phone. If a seller tried to pull this on me I'd go ballistic over the phone until they gave me a refund on the spot, threaten to take it to small claims court and if they don't care you have sufficient evidence to actually do so anyways. Don't be a sucker, your name says hustler but your actions say otherwise.

-Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to jamblix For This Useful Post:
moneyhustler88 (03-27-2013)
Old 03-27-2013
Threadstarter  

Mate I'm not a sucker, but what can I do? I rang them today and they told me that apparently now they're not just offering 'delivery proof' as it being delivered to your paypal address only, but if it's delivered to a depot within 1.2 miles of your address they apparently class this as delivery. So I was told theres nothing i can do and this is thus why I am not covered. so someone got a free £70 item from me PP told me to contact Royal Mail
Old 03-27-2013
Threadstarter  

Re spoke to paypal..what they're claiming is that on the royal mail delivery site it says that the depot office delivered the item..it doesn't say what address or where but if the deliveries within 1.2 miles of your postage..just as it was thats classed as valid proof of postage wether or not additional info is supplied. My argument was that that means now any1 can send anything anywhere and you class it as postage proof just because royal mails website does not show an actual delivery address? Absouletely stupid!
Anyone know how you can get round this so if someone scams you like I was scammed..you actually get your money back? Apparently this is a 'new rule' I was told that payPal will be bringing in from the next 'postage change' the guy told me.
He said it's in the terms and conditions of the last email they sent out to all paypal customers about postage changes. I said to him i never read anything of the sort in the email like that! And he said it was apparently, but he understands my point so they've reopened the case..on appeal..fingers crossed i may win this time
Old 03-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Did you pay with funds in your pp account? your bank account? or your credit card...
Old 03-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

You paid to different paypal then what the seller have in their ebay account. Did the seller mark payment received on the transaction? Try to call eBay if they can help.
Old 03-27-2013
Threadstarter  

Hi, I paid with my credit card RSOT.
Paypal are refusing to pay as on Royal mail's site it says delivered.
I'm trying to now argue this matter with them as it doesn't say where it was delivered or even the time. There site says that it must show the address/site/time/date/city/country.

I paid the paypal seller to one different than his paypal but in the same surname. He was meant to deliver to my paypal address. he delivered to an address different to my paypal address but in my town. He added a tracking number to the WRONG address. Paypal say the tracking number alone is sufficient proof of postage just because royal mail have put it was delivered on their site. There is no address specified to where this delivery proof verifies.

Apparently this is a new rule, if the postage show delivered it does NOT have to show to any specific location now.
Old 03-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

If you paid with CC then just dispute it
Old 03-27-2013
Threadstarter  

I know my bank will rule in my favour to do that as I genuinely didn't receive the items and I even have a letter from Royal Mail admitting mis delivery with a claim number that the sellers claimed the item funds back on.. How he did that is beyond me, but they have confirmed its not been delivered to my paypal address.
I'm thinking of getting a police report, surely royal mail can speak to the police and perhaps this could give paypal a kick up the back side?

I would dispute it with my card company but my worry is that I've read if you dispute a transaction with your card company then paypal will limit your account
Old 03-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyhustler88 View Post
Update: i emailed paypal and got an automated response from them saying the sellers provided 'valid tracking information' and apparently whoever it got delivered to at the wrong address picked it up from a depot. so it shows as delivered. Paypal aren't taking no for a answer and just keep saying the proof of postage is valid.. take it i've lost £70 then?
You explained to PP that your address is XYZ as shown on your EB/PP A/C which is DIFFERENT to the address the item is posted to by the seller.

You've complicated this for yourself by acting outside the buyer/seller protection scheme by paying the said funds into a DIFFERENT/UNCONNECTED PP A/C than the transactional account. (How did you explain this act away to PP & what was their reaction to this I wonder ???)

You say PP responded by saying: the tracking number alone is sufficient proof of postage just because royal mail have put it was delivered on their site.

All this would have shown was an item delivered to a DIFFERENT address than the one listed on your buyer EB/PP A/C in this scenario.

The item you purchased on this EB A/C, would still show as unpaid for, right ??? Because the sellers 'CORRECT' PP was NOT paid to for this transaction & therefore this 'purchase' will show the item as UNPAID hmm ???

So how did you manage to escalate this to a dispute (as you describe above) in your original transaction EB/PP A/C when it would have shown from THAT EB/PP A/C that the item was 'unpaid' for ???
Old 03-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Why does this happen with nearly every transaction you make? Start thinking better.
What's this now? 4 times you had issues with a seller. that's too many

Why are you talking sweet nothings and letting paypal push you around?

If you have advice from RM of a wrong delivery, you tell paypal that in strong terms.
Fax them notification of this.
Old 03-27-2013
Threadstarter  

SUVE,

All I told PayPal was I bought an item..sent it to the buyers asked account..he sent it to a different address than the one on my paypal..they responded saying they're closing the case because the tracking says delivered. It doesn't say where, when..it could even be aspkins house for all I know. But they're saying the fact a tracking now says delivered is proof of delivery.

@ Greenbean it happened on 2 amazon transactions but that was diff situation, and in the end got the money back. I stepped awey from amazon bought 1 item on ebay this one..and this scenario has happened.

Do you know the email of where i send this too?

Last edited by moneyhustler88; 03-27-2013 at 04:22 PM.