7 year account about to be suspended on a dynamic ip... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-11-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default 7 year account about to be suspended on a dynamic ip...

And I have never once logged what IP address I have been using.

Now that I am about to start a stealth account what do you think the chances of me resetting my router and getting an ip address I have previously used at some point over the last 7 years and so linking me straight away?

Thanks in advance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%

Unlikely, but it is very very advised to keep a log. Use excel to keep it.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...-stealths.html
Old 05-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

unlikely, plus ip is not the main linker, cookies way more dangerous.

....same ip on same day is one thing, same ip few months apart not so much an issue.....
Old 05-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

You do have to make sure that before you make a stealth account that you follow all the rules laid out in the guide.
Old 05-11-2013
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys, I've read the guide a few times but as as this is my first stealth I'm probably being over analytical and hyper cautious.

From now on I will be keeping an eye on the ip's and logging them on the excel sheet when switching between users to make sure I'm not re-using.

How do the guys with 20+ accounts manage to find time to do anything else if they're constantly switching users, re-setting routers and logging ips
Old 05-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

You can use third party software. InkFrog used to be very good but recently issues have been brought to light. Lot of others do exist though if you have a search though the forums
Old 05-11-2013
Threadstarter  

Thanks James, I'll deffo be walking before I can run, I'm reading all the pro's and con's about these third party services.

Ps I take it turbo lister is now out the window but what about power seller pro on stealths? I use that a lot for my automation services just now.
Old 05-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Avoid all services offered directly by eBay. So that's turbo and seller pro both a real no no.

I have heard people like auctiva, but I personally do not yet use and 3rd party listing software, I still do it all the old fashioned way. I have configered my laptop to run an automated system though, so when I log on it automatically logs my IP in Excel, tells me if I have ever used it before, then logs me onto eBay.

Before I log off the windrows user account I can click another button that changes the router MAC address, and then reboots the modem.

Saves me a lot of times and means the 3rd party listers don't hold too much advantage for me. Only down side is paying the 6p each time to schedule a listing.
Old 05-11-2013
Threadstarter  

Sounds pretty sophisticated Is that something a layman can think about doing as being a newbie to stealthing probably the most important thing for me is not to make any silly errors with cross users / ip's?

I use the automated re-listing services on seller pro on every single one of my listings just now so I'm not looking forward to the inevitable break up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Avoid all services offered directly by eBay. So that's turbo and seller pro both a real no no. I have heard people like auctiva, but I personally do not yet use and 3rd party listing software, I still do it all the old fashioned way. I have configered my laptop to run an automated system though, so when I log on it automatically logs my IP in Excel, tells me if I have ever used it before, then logs me onto eBay. Before I log off the windrows user account I can click another button that changes the router MAC address, and then reboots the modem. Saves me a lot of times and means the 3rd party listers don't hold too much advantage for me. Only down side is paying the 6p each time to schedule a listing.
Old 05-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Tbh its pretty simple, just need to learn about windows automation. The most important thing is to make sure you log onto your stealth account from the correct windows user account, dont sell high risk items (vero), post your items fast, get high DSR and keep track of IP address.

Use the excel guide I linked you to to create an excel sheet that lets you track your IP, then you wont have any problems with that, then make sure you keep details of all your stealth accounts, or you 1 stealth account if your just using one.

I keep hard copies and digital copies so that if I need the data its easy to get to. Sometimes you are forced to talk to the dreaded enemy, so make sure your armed with the information you need about that account
Old 05-11-2013
Threadstarter  

Thanks, I've got a lot of new learning to do and fast! Thankfully this forum is here and there are lots of knowledgeable people on here with plenty of experience to learn from.

Unfortunately my business is vero and always being able to back up my sales with legitimate invoices etc has stood me in good stead until now that I have to go stealth.....but I suppose that's a problem for another thread.

I've already "desktopped" your excel sheet and also another to keep track of user details. This is my first few tentative steps down a completely new road.
Old 05-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

For the first few months, I would advise against selling anything VERO. Its a pain in the short term, but in the long term keeps the account alive. Alternatively you can buy one of the accounts for sales in the forum, would save you a 2 month wait.
Old 05-11-2013
Threadstarter  

To get me going again quickly it would make sense to buy an aged account, would just need to look into the details about addresses and what not.

Definitely need to get my own stealths started going (with non vero) items pretty damn quick as well though.
Old 05-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
unlikely, plus ip is not the main linker, cookies way more dangerous.

....same ip on same day is one thing, same ip few months apart not so much an issue.....
Very nice and simply said - moving forward OP, if you like...keep a log of IPs used - try your best to keep it separate but DEFINITELY different user accounts. All info must be different.

All the best OP - chances seem low for suspension...also, of course, be wise with your sales.
Old 05-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatelyneedinghelp View Post
To get me going again quickly it would make sense to buy an aged account, would just need to look into the details about addresses and what not.

Definitely need to get my own stealths started going (with non vero) items pretty damn quick as well though.
Not even an aged account will save you if your items are a risk....

What are you doing about your listings?

Will you change them around to ensure your look like a new you?

this too is another facet of becoming a new stealth user.
Old 05-12-2013
Threadstarter  

Yeh I have no choice but to change my listings.

I had being using a Frooition template to create my listings in line with my Frooition shop template. I have a bricks and mortar shop so this was all over my templates and so the same in all of my listings.

I had then been importing the HTML into turbo lister to get the listing specifics done and then also using power seller pro to manage the live listing.

All in all I am a dream tracking candidate from an ebay point of view.

Bummer is that I renewed my yearly Frooition subscription only a few weeks ago