eBay suspending all new accounts for review? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-15-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default eBay suspending all new accounts for review?

So, about a year ago I noticed that eBay started "restricting" all new accounts until you call in and verify your information. I recently made 6 new accounts, and 3 of them did not get restricted, but suspended. When I called in I was told that they could not verify my information and that I needed to fax them the front and back of my driver's license. Is this a new thing that they're going to be doing with all new eBay accounts? is there any way to avoid this? Will it ever stop?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-15-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Give us more information on how u created your accounts . But my thoughts not even knowing how u created your accounts is that you started selling too fast and possibly with a Paypal that has not been fully verified and confirmed. Also you items may be risky , but let us know exactly how ur accounts were created
Old 06-15-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 69%

I sold a book immediately after the account was seller verified- that's it. Although, the Paypal account only had a bank account attached and confirmed- the phone number is not verified and there is no credit card on the account at all. But is it even possible to confirm a phone number since they attempt to link it with your address? And could that possibly be why my accounts are getting suspended?
Old 06-15-2013

Did u create separate user account on your computer and are u using a new IP for each account????

My advice is to alway fully verify Paypal with bank and a cc. Wait a week than create the ebay account . Now for another 2-3 weeks build browsing history and maybe purchase few items get some feedback, after that create a selling account and list a item that is not risky
Old 06-15-2013

When u rush opening and selling ebay knows its a stealth account build credibility first
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (06-15-2013)
Old 06-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I seriously doubt that eBay is blocking all new accounts until information is verified. That would take a TON of manpower for them. And that means less profits. Much more likely they are looking for patterns and using some sort of a scoring system to decide which accounts to verify. Like, no public record of name at given address = 20 points, opened with a free email account like Yahoo or Gmail = 5 points, account opened in Nigeria = 1,000,000,000 points etc. Then, when you reach a certain number of points, the account goes to verification.

eBay's system may not be exactly as I have described, but they ARE using something like it. Every larger business in the world is now doing so.

Therefore, the answer is to make your account look as normal as possible. There are some things you cannot change, like eBay not finding a public record of a name at a given address. But that means you want to be as "normal" looking as possible in other areas of your account.

For example, most people new to eBay don't sign up and start selling the same week. They browse, maybe they buy something, perhaps ask some questions in the user forums, or whatever.

Can you use something other than Yahoo email? Maybe your ISP lets you have more than 1 email account (be careful of tracking beacons when doing this).

I think that the accounts may not have this problem if you link them to a fully verified PayPal account. It gives eBay more confidence in you.

Basically, when creating a stealth account, I just ask myself what would look normal to me if I were eBay. Then, I try to follow that as much as possible.
Old 06-15-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 68%

When I first started creating slealth accounts unsuccessfully, I was listing items too early. EBay was restricting my accounts until I sent in verification documents. I now create stealth accounts successfully by taking my time.
Old 06-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by natashaiera View Post
Is this a new thing that they're going to be doing with all new eBay accounts? is there any way to avoid this? Will it ever stop?
They do not need to stop doing this. It's their show.

New sellers with stealth accounts need to make them appear as normal as possible.

They need to follow certain methods, including how soon to list, and having a payment source credible to paypal/ebay.

That approach works. It was how I was taught in 2007. Never failed yet on USA accounts.

Old 06-16-2013

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
So, about a year ago I noticed that eBay started "restricting" all new accounts until you call in and verify your information. I recently made 6 new accounts, and 3 of them did not get restricted, but suspended. When I called in I was told that they could not verify my information and that I needed to fax them the front and back of my driver's license. Is this a new thing that they're going to be doing with all new eBay accounts? is there any way to avoid this? Will it ever stop?
You must have done something to set off some red flags.

I've called in over a dozen times in the last month for new accounts(I've been opening a lot of accounts) and usually the phone call takes about 10 minutes and everything is good.

I have had an instance where the phone rep would not take the restriction off the new account until I verified my paypal account. I refuse to verify paypal accounts until the ebay account proves to be profitable and long-standing.
In that instance, I just called back, got a new CS rep and they lifted the restriction. Every once in a while, you'll get a pain in the as rep, and you just have to get off the phone and call back for a new rep.
Old 06-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Is this a new thing that they're going to be doing with all new eBay accounts? is there any way to avoid this? Will it ever stop?
You must learn stealth method - you are being linked - get the guide
Old 06-17-2013

Take your time when building accounts , when you are rushing to sell its a big red flag. This is supposed to be your first time on ebay according to them so act like it, think back to when u opened your first account I'm sure you didn't quickly create the account and start selling , you needed to figure it out explore a little. So when creating stealth keep that in mind it's supposed to be your first time on ebay make it look that way
Old 06-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Agree - browse and bid for a while before selling...I like to wait 3-4 weeks
Old 06-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Shame the OP can not read all this help.
Old 06-17-2013

Yep 3 to 4 weeks works great, I admit in the beginning I was rushing and my first 15 accounts I created within few days and started selling on them immediately and boom got that red message and email when logging in all listings removed and call in within 48 hours or face permanent suspension , but got them all reinstated and they are all a giving without increases .

But now I take my time create the Paypal get it fully verified wait week create ebay than browse/buy for about 3 weeks before selling and no initial mc999
Old 06-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Yep 3 to 4 weeks works great, I admit in the beginning I was rushing and my first 15 accounts I created within few days and started selling on them immediately and boom got that red message and email when logging in all listings removed and call in within 48 hours or face permanent suspension , but got them all reinstated and they are all a giving without increases .

But now I take my time create the Paypal get it fully verified wait week create ebay than browse/buy for about 3 weeks before selling and no initial mc999
If only more users could grasp that.

It is possible to make a new stealth account and avoid that initial MC999.
Not rocket science. Sensible stealth tbh.

Old 06-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
If only more users could grasp that.

It is possible to make a new stealth account and avoid that initial MC999.
Not rocket science. Sensible stealth tbh.

And possible to avoid ID request for PP too
Old 06-17-2013

You know what it is if u think back at least in my case I was doing $500 + a day in sales for about 6 weeks and MC999 . It feels like your life is over and you do anything to get them sales going again but the truth is it won't happen over night.

The best thing to do after suspension is find this forum take a big breath and just calm down learn stealth well , than create your accounts and slowly build your business . It took me 4 months to get back to the sales I was getting and now 6 months later I'm doing even more and the fact that all the accounts are just a small piece of an unlinked whole is just awesome , I sleep better. Not feeling that one MC999 will shut me down

It's just a reaction to want to keep your sales comming in but as we all know now PATIENCE is the key without it you cannot do stealth
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
deebee80 (06-18-2013)
Old 06-18-2013

Longevity: 64%

That is awsome dmshark.. i used to be a big seller on ebay.. although the main reason i went stealth now is for my paypal account and i mainly sell info products on my own sites.

However it looks like ebay seems to still be quite profitable and might actually give it another go.. I need to find some good markets or products to sell.
Old 06-18-2013

Ebay is very profitable but you need the ebay stealth guide if you want to know how to operate for the long term. Ebay and Paypal lie, they have way too much business than they can handle so they promote things one way and than their security software which they seem to stick by does the opposite, the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. So learn how to operate under the radar and the sales will roll in , nothing like full bank accounts in the morning
Old 06-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebee80 View Post
That is awsome dmshark.. i used to be a big seller on ebay.. although the main reason i went stealth now is for my paypal account and i mainly sell info products on my own sites.

However it looks like ebay seems to still be quite profitable and might actually give it another go.. I need to find some good markets or products to sell.
Dive in, built accounts, do some light selling - see what happens
Old 06-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebee80 View Post

If you go in carefully prepared, ebay is still fine.

Do your research and use stealth, of course.

Old 07-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I don't understand what the big deal is? Hell, i don't even verify the paypal before i start selling, i am not scared to call in on a new mc999 99% time they lift it without even asking verification questions. I mean. Just link the paypal to ebay, list a cheap item, let it get pulled... add your REAL phone to google voice, call ebay. They lift the limit, you then VBA the paypal and list your silly 10 items and then you remove your real # off google voice, and after a month you add a real working # to Google voice to receive calls.I am not going to disclose how to get disposable numbers to verify ebay, there is a lot of ways if you research it. People make this too complicated, if you know the game, you can beat the game.If not, it's survival of the fittest. And well good luck to you.

Peace

Pro tip.. summer accounts make for great december top rated plus powerhouse christmas bonus money

Last edited by HurricaneHuntr; 07-05-2013 at 08:52 AM.