SSN Verified Account question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default SSN Verified Account question

I have four kids, could open ebay in their names and could SS verify if need be....but will that work?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

Are you serious? Please don't even consider this. There are alternate methods than using your kids' SSN's.
The Following User Says Thank You to An0nym0u$ For This Useful Post:
MM78 (08-09-2013)
Old 08-09-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

It's not recommended but , yes it could work, whether u want to possibly damage ur child's credit well that's another story
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
MM78 (08-09-2013)
Old 08-09-2013
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via Skype™ to rama

you need to rethink your strategy & business plan. It will do more harm than good.
Old 08-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

ebay rarely asks for the SSN.

paypal is the party that does so.

Your choice is not wise. Your children would be liable for taxes to be paid on the account earnings.

In the below thread, aspkin's POST 9 explains why this method is not sensible.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...sy-except.html

Serious stealth users make other arrangements.
Old 08-09-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Are you for real?

Would you really put your kids names at risk for your own gain?

I would starve first before abusing my kids name and their OWN ssn before putting their name at risk like that.

Just when I thought you were gaining you post this stuff.

Why would you need a SSN?

I have close to 400 ebay sellers and paypal accounts and I have been asked to use a SSN on only one single account ever and then used one of the alternative ways that is discussed all over this board.

Let me take my time to explain something that irks me to pieces.

Story--

Guy works his entire life away putting money back for his retirement. Gets close to retirement and the stock market crashed costing him more then half of his retirement savings.

So he does not have to work until age 70 he decides to sell off his precious collection of certain items on ebay to offset some of those loses.

Guy go to ebay to start listing those items and guess what? He account is limited and been gone for a while.

His rotten loser son stole his Dads info, SSN etc and opened an ebay account only to scam people and get it taken down. This selfish bum just nailed his own Dad who has worked his life away for this bum kid and now time to retire and the bum kid has abused his Dad for his own gain. Selfish rat should have been tossed in jail for years.

No he did not tell his Dad he was stealing his ID, using his SSN etc or did not bother to ask his Dad. He just decided to use Daddys info to scam people for a ton of money. Now his Dad is getting calls from attorneys, people etc and cannot understand why.

After looking into it he found that his lousy son was a thief and used his Dads good name to profit and steal from others.

Now the Dad cannot get his account back unless he pays back the tons of money his son ripped people off from first. Ebay explained to him this has to be done first. Dad cannot pay it because he then would be almost down to no retirement money.

So what does Dad do? Sells his PAID OFF house and truck to pay off ebay to keep his lousy son from going to jail.

Now lives in a condo and has to work 3 more years to build some retirement up again.

Moral of the story-----

Do not STEAL your kids ID and SSN for your own gain.

You have no right using someone elses SSN.

What if your kids needed ebay to rely on for some income some day and you just happened to screw it up for them?

Do you ever think your kids might want their own ebay account someday?

I have been on this forum for almost 5 years and one thing that irks me more then anything is people who want to abuse and steal their kids or family members name, ID, SSN etc for their own gain.

How about reading and learning how NOT TO abuse your kids good name?

Your answers are all over this board.

And I hope no one here helps you learn how to abuse your kids SSN by answering questions on how to succeed in doing this.

Damn, stealth is a term to be used correctly, and stealing your kids name and SSN is NOT STEALTH.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (08-09-2013), BiN4RY (08-14-2013), mamat (08-17-2013), MM78 (08-09-2013), TonyAlmeida (08-09-2013)
Old 08-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

@Amysol, I don't understand...why your having trouble making Stealth accounts, I think everything is very straight forward...he'll I've made 10 stealths from my phone! Surely someone that has a 7yr old stealth account can make more???
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (08-10-2013), Sandy D (08-09-2013)
Old 08-09-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts

I think the op is not grasping the correct concepts, I feel the questions asked everyday are little out there I just don't get it, I had 10 accounts up and running 5 days after purchasing the stealth guide.

OP you need to read the guide again carefully and stop fighting everything , listen to the seasoned members here , they have been through it all and are very willing to help.

There's certain things that just have to be done and that's it, even if you don't fully grasp the why, just listen and follow the guide and the top members advice .

There are no short cuts with stealth and certainly NO ID THEFT going on here. If you follow the rules and have legit products you will succeed , but you need to go along the right path and work hard.

I honestly believe a large percent of Ebays best sellers are here in this forum, so put your hate for ebay aside. it's their world the sooner you accept they are in charge and can do what they want the sooner you will go along and make money.

The techniques you are thinking of trying to do are unnecessarily and unethical and just bad business.

I ,like most members, were left high and dry as you were but now am bigger and stronger than ever because I accept the rules, listen to members especially moderators and work hard. The guide 100% works no need to fight it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (08-10-2013), Sandy D (08-09-2013)
Old 08-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysol View Post
I have four kids, could open ebay in their names and could SS verify if need be....but will that work?
The answer is in the book you bought. Forum will try to deflect such answers, for obvious reasons.
Old 08-12-2013

Send a message via Skype™ to AuctionsDenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysol View Post
In another post you stated that you have a stealth account for 7 years and three others.

Why would you even consider this???
Old 08-12-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 63%

Thank you to those who simply respond with a quick but informative answer of “nah, I wouldn’t do that” or “it’s not recommended” or “It’s not necessary” or “what would you need to do that for”. Those kinds of replies are specific to the question without personal attacks and it’s just a much more productive and friendly way of talking to people.

Anyone who ever wants to ask me a question, if I know the answer, please feel comfort in knowing that I will respond with detailed information, I will not make you feel like an idiot for asking the question. I will be kind and respectful to you and educate you with my knowledge. I will not slew personal attacks at you or question why you ask…instead I’ll just help you to the best of my ability in a supportive way, even if I may not completely understand your line of thought that causes you to pose a certain question. Perhaps I may even ask you for more details so I can understand more to help you better. That’s my promise to anyone who asks a question that I may happen to answer.

Some background info: I had a 7 year old “stealth” account and I put stealth in quotes because I didn’t operate it as people do here. I just became someone else, literally, and opened up and sold very successfully on 3 linked accounts after a horrible life altering suspension in 2006. All of these rules, and hoops we jump through here…I didn’t do any of that. I didn’t need to. I don’t recall if I ever needed or gave my SS# for any of the accounts. My 7 year account ended up being suspended due to asking for two increases in 1 month when my sales were taking off. (that would have been nice to know not to do)

The reason I ask is because through all the reading, it seems if I ever want to get back into high quantity selling again I may have to supply a SS#. I didn’t say I was doing that now, I have just read a lot about it and wondered how I’d get around that. I think I’d be more concerned about ebay wanting to see a DL though as it appears that’s a bigger issue when selling a lot of items.

As far as messing up my kid’s credit? That’s quite a far jump and assumption. Perhaps people here have behaved poorly in regards to their financial accounts and had credit issues, but on all my 10+ years with ebay/pp I’ve never had credit issues, damaged hurt or affected credit so it would not be a thought of mine that anyone’s credit would get damaged. Plain old simple responsibility should avoid that.

As for ID theft? Nope, my older children have their own businesses, tax id’s, bank accounts, business accounts….they all pay taxes on their income. They help with all of our businesses too aside from their own businesses, including the online sales, so why not make one or part of the online income theirs too? In fact sometimes, I feel like I work for them. We have things set up correctly so no attacks needed here either.

I didn’t think I said I was having trouble setting up stealth accounts? I “grasp” the concept thanks. The “out there” questions stem from the way this forum operates, instilling threats and fear about not doing things a certain way, when the board’s discussions have conflicting views and information. That’s where the questions come from….from wanting to be sure, from getting ALL the info possible. From hearing as many firsthand accounts as possible. That seems obvious to me.

I am not trying to take short cuts or look for easy way outs and I don’t take it personally any more that those comments are out there as I see it’s a common thing for veterans to accuse a newbies of doing. However, if I am doing something or understanding something in a way that takes 5 times as long as someone else….searching and learning about the other ways to do it is educating yourself…not looking for a lazy way.

Mercurial333 - deflecting the answer would have been MUCH better option than what’s happened here in this thread.

AuctionsDenied - I don’t know why I would consider this….not even totally clear on why people are being asked for SS#. Just looking at all directions…good and bad. The bad ideas are super easy to just say, “Nope! Find another way.” It doesn’t seem like the judge and jury here will allow me to do that though.

And again as always thanks to those who kindly shed light on this topic.
Old 08-13-2013

Longevity: 64%

You should of just formed companies to keep it all legal.
Closed Thread