Your account has been restricted indefinitely (for slow shipping) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-12-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Question Your account has been restricted indefinitely (for slow shipping)

Ebay sent me this message and shut down all my auctions, can't sell, only can buy
"Your account has been restricted indefinitely
Dear xxxxxxx
We're writing to let you know that even though your selling performance has improved under the US seller performance standards program, it still has not met our standards; therefore, your selling account has been restricted. If you had any active listings prior to your restriction, they have been removed and your selling fees will be credited. If you recently sold an item they can be found in the sold section of your My eBay.

You can still get your messages in My eBay, and of course, complete any outstanding transactions with your buyers, but you won't be able to list any more items. This action doesn't affect your buying account. While this account is restricted, you're not permitted to sell on any other of your existing accounts. Please complete any outstanding transactions with this account."

Long story short, 99% feedback, 5 negative feedback total in last year. I shipping at good pace with low shipping cost, But out of 500 feedback had 10 low rating in shipping in past year in the seller performance. One year old account, in last 3 month , 3 low rating in shipping in the seller performance, but on the border line for acceptable shipping time, the rating was 4.6 for shipping, everything else was great, got my last negative from a new user with 2 feedback!, later said he was sorry for the negative,(at the same minute I got that negative, I got message from ebay saying "restricted indefinitely" I was trying to improve?

IS it too late? or this restricted indefinitely
(Ebay never sent me warning on ebay that my seller performance was low on ebay, so i never saw it, now that i check my emails i see it they warned me for two months, got my items reduce to 45 items last month now 0!)

Last edited by markflood; 09-12-2013 at 12:52 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Your account has been restricted indefinitely (for slow shipping)

Sighs....
missing notices is a pain.

A buyer giving a negative does count against you.

Only because I am trying to work out a plan, I ask these questions now:

Why did you not jump on your poor shipping ratings much sooner?

Could that buyer be receptive to removing the negative(s)? Sorry is just words after all.

Say the account gets reinstated, what can you do about not repeating poor shipping failures?

Give me your thoughts on the above.

Old 09-12-2013
Threadstarter  

The minute i got the negative, i got the notice
Yes I am improving but I will try to ship it much faster. But having 99% positive feedback means nothing.
I cannot remove the feedback since I hit the yearly limit of removals.
Is possible to ask ebay that I will improve and such to get my account back or "Your account has been restricted indefinitely" DOES THIS Means forever??? or its not even worth asking ebay about it, and just start over... because im afraid may risk my other stealth accounts? any advise?

Last edited by markflood; 09-12-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Old 09-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

If the accounts are not linked, then there should be no issues of putting them at risk. If they ARE linked, then it is already too late for them.

I don't see any downside in trying to salvage the account. Worst case scenario is they deny your reinstatement request in which case you will be in the same position you are in now. But you might want to explain to eBay what you intend to do to improve your shipping times.

Back in the day, sellers could ship once a week and be OK. Some listings even specified something like "I work during the week and only ship on Saturdays". Tracking was rare back then. Those days are long gone.

Now, they want immediate shipping with tracking. Sellers really can no longer afford to get lazy with their shipping and "take a few days off".
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (09-12-2013)
Old 09-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@markflood, you could try hitting up eB for reinstatement in 1 month, 3 month, and/or 6 month time - jeffweico is correct.
Old 09-12-2013
Threadstarter  

Smile Re: Your account has been restricted indefinitely (for slow shipping)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@markflood, you could try hitting up eB for reinstatement in 1 month, 3 month, and/or 6 month time - jeffweico is correct.
None my accounts are link in any way, Okay I will ask ebay for reinstatement, should I ask through message or call them?
Should I do it now or wait till next month?
I will tell them i will shipped the items faster, instead of shipping once a week, and will improve this.
Instead of leaving the account and doing nothing, I guess it would better to try to ask.
Old 09-12-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

If I'm shipping next day, it's late, so my DSR's are screaming high even when a negative comes in, because negatives always come in at some point.
Old 09-12-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Ebay is going after slow shipping big time.

Everyone needs to be aware of this.

I sold an account to a lady tonight who told me she had 100% but low DRS around the 4.7 range. They booted her, she called and they said to go sell on Amazon or Etsy. Her account would be ok for buying but wont ever be used for selling again.

Ship, communicate etc.
Old 09-12-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Ebay is going after slow shipping big time.

Everyone needs to be aware of this.

I sold an account to a lady tonight who told me she had 100% but low DRS around the 4.7 range. They booted her, she called and they said to go sell on Amazon or Etsy. Her account would be ok for buying but wont ever be used for selling again.

Ship, communicate etc.
So at this point is it not worth asking eBay to have my selling privileges back? Or should i walk away?
Old 09-13-2013

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by markflood View Post
So at this point is it not worth asking eBay to have my selling privileges back? Or should i walk away?
Walk away and get your privilege back by opening 10 new accounts.

I am doing this technique now. I need to increase my limit by 100? I open 10 new accounts.

Ebay takes one down and tell me to go to amazon? I open 10 more, just for principle.

But you need to ship faster in any cases.

thx
J.
Old 09-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Since you restricted markflood, when you decide to make an attempt at reinstatement, might as well call and be professional and polite. You might be asked for documentation though