Just got ebay stealth but too many things unclear - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-29-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Just got ebay stealth but too many things unclear

Hello folks. Same old story here. From Powerseller and Top Rated seller for 12 years, to indefinitely suspended overnight. Wishing ebay all the worst, I did try some other sites but I'm tired of seeing "your item has been viewed 0 times".

So I got eBay Stealth and read it twice, but a million questions arise.

Regarding IP, I do not understand - if I want to maintain 2 accounts, I have to change my IP each time I want to log in to the computer user account for that ebay account? That means an ebay account will always be logged into from a new IP address? Won't ebay get suspicious? And I constantly have to double check this IP has not been used before? That sound a bit crazy. A lot of overhead. Or am I misunderstanding the guide?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%
Default Re: Just got ebay stealth but too many things unclear

If your IP changes everytime you log into the accounts then this is fine. Cookies are kept seperate by using a seperate windows user account for each stealth account.

IP becomes a linking problem when you log into multiple accounts repeatedly using the same IP.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-29-2014

Longevity: 65%

Ebay understands that there are many people who have dynamic ips now. Theres nothing they can do about that. So, simply switching the ip via a usb dongle or similar method will keep you stealth. (Along with keeping cookies seperate of course)
Old 01-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...-stealths.html - Helps with IP tracking
Old 01-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetleman View Post
Hello folks. Same old story here. From Powerseller and Top Rated seller for 12 years, to indefinitely suspended overnight. Wishing ebay all the worst, I did try some other sites but I'm tired of seeing "your item has been viewed 0 times".

So I got eBay Stealth and read it twice, but a million questions arise.

Regarding IP, I do not understand - if I want to maintain 2 accounts, I have to change my IP each time I want to log in to the computer user account for that ebay account? That means an ebay account will always be logged into from a new IP address? Won't ebay get suspicious? And I constantly have to double check this IP has not been used before? That sound a bit crazy. A lot of overhead. Or am I misunderstanding the guide?

Take it easy, read the book a few times, and browse the forums for a few days/weeks afterwards. Everything will be clear and simple afterwards.

It's a lot of information to digest at first, and is generally not a good idea to rush creating accounts.
Old 01-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Regarding IP, I do not understand - if I want to maintain 2 accounts, I have to change my IP each time I want to log in to the computer user account for that ebay account?
Yes. The idea is to have 1 User account on your computer per accounts. So, to maintain 2 accounts, create 2 User accounts and alternate the IP addresses when logging into each of them.

Quote:
That means an ebay account will always be logged into from a new IP address? Won't ebay get suspicious?
No, with most ISPs, the default setting is to lease you a dynamic IPs. If you've ever unplugged your router or modem for an extended time, chances are you have a different IP from what you originally had. This is perfectly normal.

Static IPs cost them more money and they will charge you as such to provide a Static IP to you.

Quote:
And I constantly have to double check this IP has not been used before? That sound a bit crazy. A lot of overhead. Or am I misunderstanding the guide?
Yes. JamesNorth provided a good link of a sample spreadsheet. Use that.

There's nothing crazy about it. What would be crazier is if you invested 6 months nurturing these accounts and one day waking up to them both being restricted or linked or both.
Old 01-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

The goal of the IP is to avoid overlap. Keep cookies in place and separate user accounts for each eB account

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-29-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-29-2014

I have been switching my IP by following the steps in the Stealth Book but I am looking for a different method as I cannot have multiple routers for each account because everyone else would need to have that router installed in their computer to use the internet.

The modem is also not in a convenient location for me to reset every time I need to change my IP.

I am curious about the option glodge2002 mentioned with USB Dongle, what are some cheap and efficient USB/Cloud type internet services which I can purchase and use a separate one for each account?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-29-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Wow, thank you everybody for your prompt responses.

So let's say I want to maintain 2 accounts, just for redundancy's sake. I should create 2 new computer user accounts for each ebay/paypal combo, right? It's not a good idea to use my main normal computer account for any new endeavors because it is already "plagued" by the restricted accounts and all their associated paypals, emails, etc., correct?

Then every single time I want to see what's going on with an ebay account, I have to login to its dedicated computer account. Once inside that user account, first thing is to change the IP address from there, right? Then check that the new address has never been used before for that account. Then proceed and log into ebay. Am I starting to get it?

Also, getting multiple physical routers will save me manually changing IPs, but I would still have to check that the IPs automatically assigned to them once they are powered have never been used before, correct?
Old 01-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Wow, thank you everybody for your prompt responses.

So let's say I want to maintain 2 accounts, just for redundancy's sake. I should create 2 new computer user accounts for each ebay/paypal combo, right?
Correct.

Quote:
It's not a good idea to use my main normal computer account for any new endeavors because it is already "plagued" by the restricted accounts and all their associated paypals, emails, etc., correct?
No and Yes. If you really wanted too you could just remove all the cookies, etc and use it along side with the IP changing. But, it's easier to just have separate user accounts that way everything is separate and clean.

Quote:
Then every single time I want to see what's going on with an ebay account, I have to login to its dedicated computer account. Once inside that user account, first thing is to change the IP address from there, right? Then check that the new address has never been used before for that account. Then proceed and log into ebay. Am I starting to get it?
Correct.

Quote:
Also, getting multiple physical routers will save me manually changing IPs, but I would still have to check that the IPs automatically assigned to them once they are powered have never been used before, correct?
This is a loaded question, everyone has their own method, Dialup, Modem Switching, Mifi, Dongle, VPS, Resetting Modem, etc.

I personally use a MIFI which works as both as MIFI and a Dongle (with usb cable) and I get a Fresh IP every time.

This an area that does take some experimenting to see which works for you, no one can really tell you exactly which is best for YOU, you have too decide for yourself.

Good Luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (02-02-2014)
Old 01-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Multiple modems - or dongles - or cellphone for tethering. Routers will not give you the change of IP you need UNLESS the router is also your modem connection
Old 01-30-2014
Threadstarter  

I have a single box set up, so it is a modem+router integrated machine. I tried changing IP according to the stealth guide, but it doesn't work. When I do "ipconfig /release" after turning off the modem (per instructions), I get an error saying it can't perform any changes 'while its media disconnected'. And when I do that command on a running modem, wait a couple minutes and then do "ipconfig /renew", I get the same IP address!

According to what MAC address is my IP generated? The PC's? Or is this a Static IP address issue? Does Comcast issue static addresses?

Please share the best methods to change IP addresses on the fly.

Thanks
Old 01-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Im Not sure if Comcast issues Dynamic or Static IP Addresses, but the SUREST way to find out is to CALL COMCAST, and they WILL tell you,, it is NOT a Big deal
Old 01-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

The modem+router is bad, Comcast is Dynamic but it might as well be Static. I'm with Time Warner and their Dynamic but changing IP's is impossible.

I would suggest you look into the other alternatives:
Dongle (USB Modem), Tethering, Mifi, or try getting a modem and a router separately and try changing Ip's that way.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (02-04-2014)
Old 01-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Im Not sure if Comcast issues Dynamic or Static IP Addresses, but the SUREST way to find out is to CALL COMCAST, and they WILL tell you,, it is NOT a Big deal
I have comcast and it is dynamic. Changing my ip is easy through my router. I just modify the wan mac and reset it to get a new ip.

The key is the modem. I have the Arris TM602g version. Some of comcast's modems are not so easy.
The Following User Says Thank You to An0nym0u$ For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (02-04-2014)
Old 01-31-2014

Quote:
I have a single box set up, so it is a modem+router integrated machine. I tried changing IP according to the stealth guide, but it doesn't work. When I do "ipconfig /release" after turning off the modem (per instructions), I get an error saying it can't perform any changes 'while its media disconnected'. And when I do that command on a running modem, wait a couple minutes and then do "ipconfig /renew", I get the same IP address!

According to what MAC address is my IP generated? The PC's? Or is this a static IP address issue? Does Comcast issue static addresses?

Please share the best methods to change IP addresses on the fly.

Thanks

I had the same issue where the IP would not change and I would get a message saying there is someone else logged into the router.

Make sure to log off any other user accounts you might be logged into and try again.
Old 02-01-2014
Threadstarter  

The Stealth mentions cheap Netgear routers for the router swapping option. Where can I find such? The cheapest I found are $70 at Micro Center.
Old 02-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Called Comcast. Have dynamic. Static is actually a special service at extra cost or something.

I have an ARRIS TG862, and its interface is read-only so I can't change anything there.

I'm thinking to get a Netgear modem I saw for $70, it connects to cable and has a network socket. This means it's a modem+router too, correct? And I should be able to change its IP? Or should I get a separate modem and separate router?
Old 02-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Which Netgear modem beetleman?
Old 02-02-2014

i used to get on great tethering from a smartphone such as iphone or samsung
as each time you connect your ip changes... much easier than the router swap method and much quicker...
also being on virgin bb here in the uk you cant play around with ip addresses... yes you can vps, again techy and time consuming

its not the done thing but there are some who get away just fine using the same ip for multi accounts... not going to work well with a large amount of multi accounts perhaps? but 2 or 3 seem to keep under the radar... not every stealth member agrees but for some it works out just fine
for example... when i moved location, say a mile down the road i moved with my provider and my ip still remains the same! different address...same ip as it is provided by your bb provider and comes under area code providing... rest assured ive tried calling virgin bb to get it changed and they refuse...
as said this method does and and may not work out for everyone so i dont endorse it... its just a fact that some of us have no choice but to use it
Old 02-03-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboman View Post
i used to get on great tethering from a smartphone such as iphone or samsung
as each time you connect your ip changes... much easier than the router swap method and much quicker...
How is tethering done? And doesn't that gobble up your monthly limit of megabytes?
Old 02-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
How is tethering done?
Tethering involves special apps that convert your phone into a Hotspot, it can either be tethered as a hotspot (wireless) or with usb cable. Also, some phones don't require special apps, they may have this ability built in without paying a fee.

Quote:
And doesn't that gobble up your monthly limit of megabytes?
It's up to you to find out how much data your given by your provider, after you can determine what amount of data you can use.