Friends Info - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-05-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Friends Info

They stealth guide mentions that its good if you can use a close friends info.

If I were to start fresh on everything. New business address, new computers, new internet provider and use his information as if he was the operator would this work.

We are selling legit music gear.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Friends Info

Methods have since changed.

Best to use a random name
Old 02-05-2014
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

random names and emails are the way to go. You don't need a new laptop, just a new user account
Old 02-05-2014
Threadstarter  

But if I wanted to actually do this well and the friend is available to call in and manage the account essentially what is the harm if it has no association with our last eBay account?

With a random name and email then I would never be able to progress the account like a normal account.

Im not trying to sell veRo product or do anything risky. Our account was only closed because we had several cases that we didn't attend to. Thus taking us below standard.

Why wouldn't it be a fresh start if a friend hooked us up with the info and managed all the essentials. How would eBay ever find out? why would they even care. It would be like him opening his own business and im just lending him inventory.

New Address, new ein, new llc, new everything.

Why wouldn't this be advisable if I could pull it off?
Old 02-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
But if I wanted to actually do this well and the friend is available to call in and manage the account essentially what is the harm if it has no association with our last eBay account?
As long as you understand that whatever got you banned last time may also happen this time if you aren't aware of why you were banned. Also we don't recommend using friends, family because of the

Quote:
With a random name and email then I would never be able to progress the account like a normal account.
You aren't running stealths yet so how can you say that you can't progress the account like a normal account?

Quote:
Im not trying to sell veRo product or do anything risky. Our account was only closed because we had several cases that we didn't attend to. Thus taking us below standard.
Vero or not....things can happen.

Quote:
Why wouldn't it be a fresh start if a friend hooked us up with the info and managed all the essentials. How would eBay ever find out? why would they even care. It would be like him opening his own business and im just lending him inventory.

New Address, new ein, new llc, new everything.

Why wouldn't this be advisable if I could pull it off?
In the long run it's up to you how you get back, we have given our recommendations.
Old 02-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Friends and business do not work.

Where's your plan for taxes?

Was this friend involved on the loss of your last account or maybe it was another friend?

Old 02-05-2014

Longevity: 65%

Biggest reason why this isn't advised is due to the nature of money and relationships. Finances is the #1 reason for divorce in the USA.

That alone says a lot. Money can and often will change people in many ways. It's unfortunate but it's part of the truth of life.

If you must, then my advice would be to take over everything that your friend doesn't need to be involved in. Bank account can be yours. Take over the paypal account so that he/she has zero access to it.

Set up a phone that is neither yours nor theirs and link it to the account. Only use it when you need to and keep that phone in your possession.

Set up a dba under the umbrella of your real company. Pay your friend an amount to keep him/her happy. The business gets filed as your own with your friend as an employee...or file a 1099 for them. You pay the business taxes and they pay their taxes from what you paid them.

This is advice may or may not be correct. It's just the way I would do it if I were in your position. I get it. You are looking to try to build an account. Just remember...there are about a 1000 reasons why it is smart to build stealth businesses. As sad as it is, your own competition can take you down now a days. And they will, out of spite, and / or jealousy. I have seen it.

You might be asking for more trouble than it's worth to set up an account through your friend.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glodge2002 For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (02-07-2014), GreenBean (02-05-2014), Rogue (02-06-2014)
Old 02-06-2014
Threadstarter  

The Truth is the friend is an employee but also a close friend and he understands what is going on, and it would all be in writing. I would compensate him on a monthly basis and he'd be available. He wont have access to any finances or anything and I will not use the information beyond setting up the accounts and advancing them forward.

I would be responsible for all business taxes, ect.

I will definitely have a few stealth accounts rolling for back up.

I have the opportunity to even have separate computers and locations even separate states

-

Has anyone tried running things virtually? like have a computer set up in another state but accessing it from your home computer

I understand the nature of stealth

But I truly want to establish a couple of accounts that have good long term strength for legitimate goods.

Say guitar strings and guitar picks. Nothing aggressive.

Everything would be an absolute fresh start.

Glodge2002 I really appreciate your wisdom and everyone else's input.

One thing I have noticed is with stealth accounts, with out legit information its hard to advance them.

If my friend were to set up the account and we used all new data then we'd be able to call in monthly and ask for increases and when eBay did a review we'd have all the answers and they'd see it as a legit account selling legit items and no red flags.

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 02-06-2014

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Let me know what you guys think.
Scroll up to see what we think...
Old 02-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Has anyone tried running things virtually? like have a computer set up in another state but accessing it from your home computer
Have done with logmein and teamviewer - I didnt figure out how to change the IP/accounts though since once you try to change IP, you get disconnected

So can only do 1 account per computer like this
Old 02-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Glodge responded with a viable solution. and encouraged caution based on the relationship with the friend not the ebay monster. Greenie only mentioned there could be a problem with taxes which there is any easy solution for. If methods have changed and are truly different and you can't use a kind friends info, why does the stealth guide suggest this.

If my friend is offering his generosity and we have great trust for each and have done other business ventures together before why wouldn't I want to take that opportunity.

How is it any different then me buying an account that has 3000 plus feedback and sells similar items as me?

Why can't I just guide this person to build the account and I provide the funds and inventory to sell stuff.

How will eBay ever track that, I am only providing the inventory and resources.

Based on the information in the stealth guide that encourages you to use a friends information for greater success what is your valid reason to discourage that?

I cant run a business that does over 2 million in sales across all our platforms through a slew of 20 different stealth accounts.

Im looking for a viable solution, that will have longevity.

My account was suspended for low DSR's that were caused by an employee sucking. He's been removed. We have systems in place now to make sure that never happens again.
Old 02-07-2014

Longevity: 65%

Hi Rogue,
Maybe I should add an extra word of caution. I did mention that competitors can ruin a good account. They can easily use stealth methods to do so.

You also have ebayers who are sometimes completely unreasonable. Especially around Christmastime. They can and often will ruin your feedback and dsr's.

Ebay is all about having 100% feedback now or really close to it. It is a lot easier to have perfect to near perfect feedback with multiple accounts. Falling below that standard can have horrible results on your finances and sales.

Many of us had long standing accounts that in the blink of an eye were gone for reasons that were out of our control. Ebay doesn't have any real competition which is why they have the stranglehold that they do on us.

The day that ebay starts to respect the longevity of accounts held by responsible, customer service professional individuals and companies is the day that ebay stealthers start to have them on a larger scale.

Just be really careful about putting all of your eggs in one basket...or most of your eggs in one basket because of these points.

Go with your gut and do what's best for you. Just make sure that you give yourself ample protection. One major account is awesome until it goes down. The loss of one minor account out of hundreds isn't as big an issue. You can even have both. One major account while you build up your stealth inventory.

Just don't allow the success of an older business model blind you from the truth. Ebay doesn't care.
The Following User Says Thank You to glodge2002 For This Useful Post:
ilcarletto (04-01-2014)
Old 02-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Wisely stated glodge
Old 04-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glodge2002 View Post
Hi Rogue,
Maybe I should add an extra word of caution. I did mention that competitors can ruin a good account. They can easily use stealth methods to do so.

You also have ebayers who are sometimes completely unreasonable. Especially around Christmastime. They can and often will ruin your feedback and dsr's.

Ebay is all about having 100% feedback now or really close to it. It is a lot easier to have perfect to near perfect feedback with multiple accounts. Falling below that standard can have horrible results on your finances and sales.

Many of us had long standing accounts that in the blink of an eye were gone for reasons that were out of our control. Ebay doesn't have any real competition which is why they have the stranglehold that they do on us.

The day that ebay starts to respect the longevity of accounts held by responsible, customer service professional individuals and companies is the day that ebay stealthers start to have them on a larger scale.

Just be really careful about putting all of your eggs in one basket...or most of your eggs in one basket because of these points.

Go with your gut and do what's best for you. Just make sure that you give yourself ample protection. One major account is awesome until it goes down. The loss of one minor account out of hundreds isn't as big an issue. You can even have both. One major account while you build up your stealth inventory.

Just don't allow the success of an older business model blind you from the truth. Ebay doesn't care.
I really appreciate this.

Thank you!