my stealth account is requested provide SSN for Tax ,any advise for resolution - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-15-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default my stealth account is requested provide SSN for Tax ,any advise for resolution

my account request to provide SSN. what is the best resolution for this matter?

my ebay has $20000 sell limit monthly, it mean every month I will sell $20000. I already got one paypal limit because I did not provide SSN. I start second one, and I got email from paypal request provide SSN as well today I guess hit $20000 amount . I assume this paypal is going to be limit soon as it is stealth paypal.
it is impossible to avoid the request because I sell $20000 every month, I cannot change paypal every month . can anyone give me some advise , anyone have best resolution for this matter?

thanks for million!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-15-2014

Longevity: 66%
Default Re: my stealth account is requested provide SSN for Tax ,any advise for resolution

Open the account in a country that do NOT have a "SSN" requirement. Simply. Or read the guide that is explaining to open a LLC/business/etc.
Old 06-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%
Default Re: my stealth account is requested provide SSN for Tax ,any advise for resolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickass View Post
my account request to provide SSN. what is the best resolution for this matter?

my ebay has $20000 sell limit monthly, it mean every month I will sell $20000. I already got one paypal limit because I did not provide SSN. I start second one, and I got email from paypal request provide SSN as well today I guess hit $20000 amount . I assume this paypal is going to be limit soon as it is stealth paypal.
it is impossible to avoid the request because I sell $20000 every month, I cannot change paypal every month . can anyone give me some advise , anyone have best resolution for this matter?

thanks for million!
Only advise if give them what they want, SSN, EIN, or what ever. Paypal is going by the laws of the IRS. Anything over a certain number(s) will need to provide tax ID info.

no way around it
Old 06-15-2014
Threadstarter  

It is a stealth account, not real name. does not have SSN and iformation to give.

if I open Canada paypal ,is able to receive payment when not match my US ebay account country , eBay sign up in local Unite state.
Old 06-15-2014
Threadstarter  

by the way

I am a Canadian , I donot have US SSN but my paypal and ebay location is in US. it is stealth paypal.

anyone help?
Old 06-15-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

If you do not want to operate multiple accounts than you need to provide a tax ID

So you need to upgrade to a business paypal account form a LLC and get an EIN as your tax ID

There are only 2 solutions , spread sales out over enough accounts or form a Business and use an EIN

Opening up an account in another country will just make it harder , first you need to access your account so that u are logging in from that country which evolves a lot of steps and than each country has there own laws and restrictions

I doubt there is any country's paypal that would just be wide open and no restrictions
Old 06-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickass View Post
by the way

I am a Canadian , I donot have US SSN but my paypal and ebay location is in US. it is stealth paypal.

anyone help?
Have you ever had a Canadian account?
Old 06-15-2014
Threadstarter  

I have canada paypal. but I afraid use Canada paypal to receive US eBay sell would cost suspension. I read online, if I open LLC and get EIN , it need to be provide personal SSN , I am Canadian doesnot have SSN, I am living in Canada but use US IP to login US eBay / paypal to do business. I donot mind pay tax but just no way to pay as I am non US resident
Old 06-15-2014

Longevity: 63%

Apply for ITIN, link provided here.

That is all you need to operate as a Canadian.
Old 06-15-2014

You need a US paypal for a US eBay

And you can open a business and get an EIN number in the US , you definitely do not need to be a citizen to have a business in the US

you may need to go through a different procedure than a citizen but you can open a us Business and get a tax ID so u can pay taxes
Old 06-15-2014
Threadstarter  

All right I would try, I read the previously post, the business name must to be match the name of paypal if I apply EIN.

if anyone non US resident have applied EIN for your stealth account ( the paypal name register not the real name ) and have resolved the limitation due paypal request SSN EIN for tax purpose ? please share some tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
You need a US paypal for a US eBay

And you can open a business and get an EIN number in the US , you definitely do not need to be a citizen to have a business in the US

you may need to go through a different procedure than a citizen but you can open a us Business and get a tax ID so u can pay taxes
Old 06-15-2014
Threadstarter  

glad that you are Canadian as well, can you share some experience or tips how to resolved the matter? did you get TIN ? Can I send message to you directly ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoteBay View Post

Old 06-15-2014
Threadstarter  

Like apply TIN.
apply name must my real name match my ID ? or I can apply with the name on my stealth paypal.
shall I need to give my real document copy to them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoteBay View Post

Old 06-16-2014

Longevity: 58%

I applied for an LLC , i used incfile.com , I got my EIN number in the mail, Im going to be opening a business bank account. Im using my real name just different location and a new phone number with a tracfone. I should be fine now . Or at least i hope
Old 06-16-2014

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCard82 View Post
I applied for an LLC , i used incfile.com , I got my EIN number in the mail, Im going to be opening a business bank account. Im using my real name just different location and a new phone number with a tracfone. I should be fine now . Or at least i hope

Actually, I just went through this - they are still going to likely ask for the account owner's SSN. I have a completely legit LLC with EIN, and bank account and they immediately asked for SSN anyway.
Old 06-17-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

You should be transfering the US paypal to a Canadian Paypal. Short of it -Once you report EIN to Paypal then you are earning money in US and must file US taxes. The way around this would still require filing but no tax liability for US - Create a US company owned by a Canadian company. The US company buys the items from the same Canadian company to resell in US at zero profit. Still have to file US taxes but no profit to declare. Canadian company would file Canadian taxes on income received from selling to the US company. Complicated thanks to new laws but thats what happens. Either way you will need a EIN. ITIN are for immigrants for taxation as employees not as a employer or business.

My suggestion get away from Paypal... They are asking most if not all US accounts now to provide a SSN regardless of type of account or business. I tried to open two new accounts, one business-one personal, both with different stealth info and within two days received notice requesting SSN verification. Paypal statement was that they are required blah blah blah and are requesting all accounts to provide verification.