List of do's and don'ts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-07-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Arrow List of do's and don'ts

Just to resonate what you can find all over the forum already. I've done some ground work in the past 3-4 months and have found out what works/doesn't work.

DO use a VPS, they cost a bit, but work as long as you find one with FRESH IPs.
DO use dial up, the IPs are different every time you log in (SCREEEECH). Make sure you log your IPs, once every 50 times, you'll get a repeat.
DO use cell phone tether (or hotspot device) with 3G service. They give you a different IP every reresh. Make sure you log your IPs, once every 50 times, you'll get a repeat.

DO NOT use proxies. They're a waste of time
DO NOT use VPN (but I've never tried)
DO NOT run multiple accounts on one browser. Download different browsers or make a new user account for each selling account.

Wish I could give advice on creating ebay accounts, but only about 5 out of 22 accounts in my lifetime has been created successfully. Also, the MC999 thing is getting pretty ridiculous these days. That's why I have to give some praise to the marketplace sellers on this forum for doing what they do, and replacing ragged accounts.

DO use the account sellers on this forum.
DO NOT use Sandy D

I've got a pretty good stable of accounts now and I think I'll be done with creating/nurturing accounts for a while. This is what I've learned in the process. Ask questions if you wish.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to evicktd For This Useful Post:
anova85 (08-15-2014), bigg636 (08-07-2014), GhostWhoWalks (08-07-2014), rsot (08-07-2014)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-07-2014

Longevity: 56%
Default Re: List of do's and don'ts

Hi

Quote:
VPN's are good, i'm using them for something like a year, and i never had any problems with them.

Just never, ever use public VPN's. Install OpenVPN-AS on your VPS and you are good to go.
Old 08-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdav View Post
Hi

VPN's are good, i'm using them for something like a year, and i never had any problems with them.

Just never, ever use public VPN's. Install OpenVPN-AS on your VPS and you are good to go.

VPN is not needed for USA based account holders.

Other options like dongle, cell phone tethering exist and work better.

What others mst be aware of the more sellers that turn up on ebay using VPN, the more attention will be made to their accounts.

Not worth the risk.

Old 08-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
VPN is not needed for USA based account holders.
He didn't stated anywhere that these "tips" are for US account holders only
. I assumed they're for worldwide users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post

What others mst be aware of the more sellers that turn up on ebay using VPN, the more attention will be made to their accounts.

Not worth the risk.

There is no way to detect if somebody is using VPN tunnelling or not.
Old 08-07-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,251 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 61%

Quote:

Proxy server - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 08-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

Please. Do not be naive.

With the correct methods, detection is possible AND highly likely if any ecommerce company wants to do this.

Old 08-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
Ekhem... This article is about HTTP and socks Proxies...

Proxy != VPN
A proxy is not a Virtual Private Network and a VPN is not a proxy.

Quote:
With the correct methods, detection is possible AND highly likely if any ecommerce company wants to do this.
Show me any company or website that offer this. Good luck with detecting that. Like i said i never had any problems with VPN. Never, even when i had 70~ stealth accounts. Some of you are paranoid

Last edited by jdav; 08-07-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

This person must be a master stealth when run ~70 account with VPN and never ever get hit.

Please, teach me the some with your golden book.
Old 08-07-2014
Banned

Longevity: 66%

Yeah I use VPS on all my accounts got like 46 VPS's. currently selling on 36 accounts only. And got about 1 to verify still with PP. 8 more to do auction styles and 2 more to set up since my VCC passed for PP.

I'm just tired of making auction styles it's like 1 to 2 hours of work for each, getting real tired of it lately. lol.

But back to topic!

I only got internet at my new place here in North America.

What's up with the 3G Service or tether cell phone does this load good enough to load up a page and print postage on that account and relist the auctions? Like what would be the time frame for doing a relisting of an item? I want to get rid of my VPS spending so much money on those things. Oh and what do you mean by make sure you log your IP's once every 50 times? If you get a new IP each time you log on using these.
Old 08-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

JDAV talking about VPN GWW
Old 08-07-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
JDAV talking about VPN GWW
Oh yeah VPN is horrible if you ask me. I'd never touch or use that within 1,000 miles man! No idea he must be super lucky or who knows!
Old 08-07-2014
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

LOL.. I wish 123 would chime in with what he thinks of VPNs.
Old 08-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
LOL.. I wish 123 would chime in with what he thinks of VPNs.
The truth is a lot of people on this forum have a misguided hatred towards VPNs and using them for stealth. The reality of the matter is that if you support the use of VPS for stealth than you should feel the same way towards VPNs. Because in the big picture there’s really no difference between the two, at least in the context of using it for amazon/ebay purposes.

I think the reason that most people on this forum denounce VPNs, is because a few people tried them for stealth and had a bad experience with them and thus it became a trend for everyone to just follow along and state that they don’t work. So why do some VPNs not work, you may ask? Well that’s pretty simple its simply because people do not know how to search for nor use the proper VPN provider, and thus they end up picking one of the biggest providers available from the first page of google that only gives shared ips, and gives their thousands of members the same ips. And then people wonder why they got limited… Its simple you used an ip that someone else already used for ebay and got banned on, does that mean vpn is bad? NO! It simply means you used a banned ip, any banned ip will obviously get you limited whether VPN or not.

The reason people on this forum ended up supporting the concept that VPS work so well, is because before the need of using it for stealth, most people use VPS to host a website etc not for casually browsing the web. Unlike VPNs which are mainly used for browsing the web. So what does that mean, it means it is probably easier to find a VPS provider and get an IP that is not limited since most people who use VPS are not using it for browsing the web. So does that make VPS better than VPN? Absolutely not, it just means you better know what your looking for and use the right company when searching for a VPN provider. Again, I’m not trying to say VPN is the best solution for everyone, it depends on your preferences and needs. But for me personally, I’ve used VPN for every single one of my accounts for many years without a problem and absolutely love what it does for me, and facilitates a lot of things for me. So again I’m not promoting that everyone starts using VPNs, I’m simply letting people know that this concept that VPNs don’t work is not true at all. And if your looking for a IP solution, than you should do research and figure out what works best for you, not what works best for everyone else.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (08-08-2014), aspkin (08-07-2014), astoria (11-20-2014), BeAwesome (08-11-2014), BigCJ (08-08-2014), JamesNorth101 (08-07-2014), newjerseymax (08-08-2014), raskolnik (01-25-2015), rayraymond1218 (08-08-2014), rsot (08-08-2014), write (08-22-2014)
Old 08-07-2014
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Thank you 123! Well said.
Old 08-08-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWhoWalks View Post
What's up with the 3G Service or tether cell phone does this load good enough to load up a page and print postage on that account and relist the auctions? Like what would be the time frame for doing a relisting of an item? I want to get rid of my VPS spending so much money on those things.
Sometimes it's slow as hell, but you really can literally run 100 accounts on one device. If you're paying $35/mo for the device, it's going to be well worth it.

I find that VPS is way more convenient, but I don't like to put all my eggs in one basket, so I run VPS and tether.

Quote:
Oh and what do you mean by make sure you log your IP's once every 50 times? If you get a new IP each time you log on using these
You get a new IP every time you refresh your device, but once in a while, (about 50 refreshes), you'll see the same one come up. To prevent from crossing IPs, just write em down on an excel and set a rule for duplicates so you'll know exactly when the same one pops back up.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by evicktd; 08-08-2014 at 02:28 AM. Reason: messing up the quotes
Old 08-08-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
I think the reason that most people on this forum denounce VPNs, is because a few people tried them for stealth and had a bad experience with them and thus it became a trend for everyone to just follow along and state that they don’t work.
123, thanks for showing up. I initially thought that you offered fresh VPS IPs. I literally had no idea what a VPS/VPN was 3 months ago and still have just a general idea of how a VPS works. VPN? Whatwhat?

The reason why I do like VPS is because you can use remote desktop connection/TeamViewer and log into it anywhere you want. From what I gather, VPN is basically a program that you install into your computer and you have to manipulate the IPs each time that you want to change it. Wouldn't that be a bit of a pain if you are running 50+ accounts?

Also, VPS is cheaper (I'm paying $7/mo) and it works, so I can't complain really.

Quote:
Again, I’m not trying to say VPN is the best solution for everyone, it depends on your preferences and needs. But for me personally, I’ve used VPN for every single one of my accounts for many years without a problem and absolutely love what it does for me, and facilitates a lot of things for me.
I'd take VPN for a whirl, just to know what it is. Knowing all options is one of the keys to success

Last edited by evicktd; 08-08-2014 at 02:27 AM. Reason: *wording
The Following User Says Thank You to evicktd For This Useful Post:
astoria (11-20-2014)
Old 08-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evicktd View Post
From what I gather, VPN is basically a program that you install into your computer and you have to manipulate the IPs each time that you want to change it. Wouldn't that be a bit of a pain if you are running 50+ accounts?
Hi, VPN is not a specific program its a network that allows you to establish a secure connection. And no not at all for example, I use vmware in combinations with VPNs. So I can literally have 10 stealth accounts open all at the same time, each window with a different ip active and multi-task between all them easily.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
artvandelay (01-28-2015), raskolnik (01-25-2015)
Old 08-08-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by evicktd View Post
Sometimes it's slow as hell, but you really can literally run 100 accounts on one device. If you're paying $35/mo for the device, it's going to be well worth it.

I find that VPS is way more convenient, but I don't like to put all my eggs in one basket, so I run VPS and tether.

You get a new IP every time you refresh your device, but once in a while, (about 50 refreshes), you'll see the same one come up. To prevent from crossing IPs, just write em down on an excel and set a rule for duplicates so you'll know exactly when the same one pops back up.
[/QUOTE]

Very nice I want to get rid of my 40 some VPS for this $35 a month device. I'm sick of my VPS company at times the servers are a bit slow and something that would take me 30 seconds or less takes 45 minutes and it's like grrrrr.
Old 08-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 68%

I concur with 123. I have a 2 or 3 accounts purchased from 123 when I first found this site and the VPN's work very well to this day. The eBay accounts are powerseller level and they do very well. I even successfully created and run Amazon accounts with the VPN's.

I usually shake my head at the misconception of VPN's on here and refrain from commenting.

Yes, you can run 70 accounts w/ VPN and be successful. That's a lot of accounts, but I don't see why it wouldn't be doable. I personally wouldn't rely solely on VPNs. I like to be diverse (I also have a few accounts through other methods).

Point is, there's multiple ways to successfully operate stealth accounts...its up to the user on what method they want.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to An0nym0u$ For This Useful Post:
123 (08-08-2014), aspkin (08-08-2014), stanislav (08-09-2014)
Old 08-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts

Mifi all the way!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (08-08-2014), novemberrain1970 (08-13-2014)
Old 08-08-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Mifi all the way!
Does that come prepaid? And good for mulity accounts right? How fast does it take you to switch from one account to another? And what you paying per month on this?
Old 08-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWhoWalks View Post
Does that come prepaid?
Yes

Quote:
And good for mulity accounts right?
Absolutely, it's awesome for stealth.

Quote:
How fast does it take you to switch from one account to another?
Seconds....I don't run Separate User Accounts anymore. Everything is running on Portable Browsers from my main User Account.

Quote:
And what you paying per month on this?
$10/Month, $8/Month if pay for the whole year in 1 payment.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
astoria (11-20-2014), evicktd (08-09-2014), GhostWhoWalks (08-08-2014)