Read the Stealth Guide And Have Questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-13-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Read the Stealth Guide And Have Questions

First, I don't want to get in trouble for spamming this forum, so I have another thread called "Stealth Trip Up - New Bank Account?" which can be deleted as it pertains to only one topic and I'll use this for all the questions I have. I just read through the stealth guide twice in a row and obviously had some questions come up:

----------

1) It is my understanding that SSN is really government mandated and for tax purposes even more so than ID verifying. When my account got big they asked me for this so they can send a 1099-K form. So, if you have a stealth account with friend/family info and are asked for, and give their SSN, doesn't that put the family/friend on the hook for the taxes and they will get the 1099-K?

2) Can you just cycle through checking accounts that have a different account number but same routing number? My bank said they have the same routing number for ALL of southern California. I would plan on keeping the same account and just getting my 2nd checking account changed if eBay/PP account gets burned. The number of people with that routing number is large, so is that safe?

3) About IP addresses... I don't understand why you have to write down every one you use. If you change it every time you log in won't eBay/PP find it suspicious that you've logged in 100 times, each with a different IP? Are you supposed to log what it is the first time and then manually set your IP to that whenever you log into those accounts so eBay sees the account and IP always match?

4) How are people running 50+ stealth accounts and getting by the SSN requirement? Did that many people let them use their personal info to create an account or are they all staying under the 200/$20000 limit so they are never asked for that information?

5) Does PayPal even have access to the SSN database? I would think if they can't get any information from your bank except account numbers then they couldn't get your information from the government either to match you. Can you just give them any valid SSN?

6) Can you sell the same items as before? I've always seen this answered no, but if they are fairly common items that several other sellers are selling is it safe? Say you sold books, got banned and wanted to sell books still. They don't suspend every new seller trying to sell books just because they suspended you.

7)

8) The guide also talked about asking PayPal for some alternative to having to give your SSN, like a voter ID card. Wouldn't that be an instant red flag because any legal citizen who isn't trying to hide something would have that readily available.

9) The guide said uninstall TurboLister. After uninstalling it, if you add a user account to your PC and install TurboLister on that account are you safe to use it as long as you only use it on that account? Can you install a new copy of TurboLister on each PC user account and have everything stay separate and safe?

10) Are stealth accounts supposed to stay relatively small? I had a 15,000 item/$150,000 limit on my account that was suspended. Any hope of a stealth account getting to that level in time?

11) I've seen other sites talk about browser/OS finger printing and this guide didn't address it at all. Should we not be worried about that?

12) The guide said you are generally safe having 2 eBay accounts linked to the same PayPal. Should you wait to open the second eBay account or can you open them the same day and not get flagged?

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 11-13-2014 at 07:39 PM. Reason: doc talk
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Read the Stealth Guide And Have Questions

1 - Do not use a family or friends SSN. Use an EIN

2 - Same routing number is fine. Need a new account number

3 - So long as cookies are in place its not an issue.

4 - EIN or staying under the 200/$20,00 trigger (bare in mind this can also be triggered on projection)

5 - Just use an EIN. Not a good idea to mess with the IRS

6 - Depends on how unique the items is. eBay generally they do not track as much though item

7 - Send me a PM and I will explain that for you.

9 - Just stick to the browser. Not a good idea to let eBay install programs on your computer. You can use programs like InkFrog and Auctiva though.

10 - Sky is the limit really.

11 - No evidence they track via FB as of yet. Take procautions though just incase they decide to start.

12 - Best to keep it 1:1 now days
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
rsot (11-13-2014)
Old 11-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Is the guide a little out of date? It says use the family/friend SSN in the guide. Has this changed?

Also, for EIN you have to get a DBA and a merchant account? Do you have to do this for every stealth account you have?
Old 11-13-2014
Threadstarter  

To use a stealth account correctly, do you change PC user account, plug in dongle, verify IP address, log in to eBay/PayPal in that order? Then if you want to use a different stealth account, change user account and repeat the previous steps?

Or if you tether with you phone, instead of unplugging the dongle do you just turn airplane mode on/off to get a new IP? Is it OK to use a phone to tether if it was linked to the suspended eBay account and used to have the eBay and PayPal apps on it (but they have since been uninstalled)?

Also, say I have 3 user accounts on my computer: A, B, C. A is my every day user account that already exists. B and C will be for stealth. My IP is linked to my suspended account and I have TWC which is apparently hard to change IP. Can I use a dongle or tether on user accounts B and C and then use TWC just for account A for everyday non-eBay/PayPal use without contaminating a stealth account?
Old 11-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by usastrat View Post
Is the guide a little out of date? It says use the family/friend SSN in the guide. Has this changed?

Also, for EIN you have to get a DBA and a merchant account? Do you have to do this for every stealth account you have?
That part is out of date - should not be using family or friend info - don't need to.

You should read more on EIN if that interests you.