several blocked paypal accounts. Followed Stealth rules. Unsure how they are linked?! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Re: several blocked paypal accounts. Followed Stealth rules. Unsure how they are link

ok so each time you get limited you delete the windows user account and make a new one? and your IP address is definitely always different? who is your ISP?

What you using for a phone number?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-22-2014

Activity: 30%
Longevity: 58%
Default Re: several blocked paypal accounts. Followed Stealth rules. Unsure how they are link

Maybe its you using a varaition of your name. I did this when I first started and got limitations. Once they catch on if you keep doing the same name with a varation they can catch on. Honestly thats the only thing it could be at this point if your doing everything else correctly? You shouldn't be getting a limitation so quickly.

Anyone know if safari is ok?

I didn't know about this cross contamination that could be happening with my accounts....

I've been using it for a while but would hate to have this issue.

(I have a seperate user in my macbook pro for each account. I only use safari because I like it...)

Last edited by solefoodbk; 11-22-2014 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasehelp View Post
another account limited! so frustrating. back to the drawing board. Any other ideas would be much appreciated as to what's causing this?
Walk us though your account creation method, step by step...
Old 11-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

I can only stress again, Firefox store cookies in the User accounts section.

Here is my direct path for the Profile and Cookies on Windows 8.1 with the User Name masked.

C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Pr ofiles\xxxxxxxx

And Flash Cookies:

C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

Sharing this information across multiple User Accounts would be a serious Privacy invasion.

It does not happen.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donkeykong2012 For This Useful Post:
colt63 (11-27-2014), JamesNorth101 (11-22-2014), Sausage (12-02-2014)
Old 11-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Another point is that many on here user multiple Browsers across multiple User Accounts for Amazon which is especially useful.

I use IE, Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

They all store information isolated from other User Accounts.

On Windows 8.1, you have to go into Folder Options and view all files to locate the Appdata folder.

In Windows 8.1 you then go to the Roaming folder.

Last edited by donkeykong2012; 11-22-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-22-2014

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong2012 View Post
Another point is that many on here user multiple Browsers across multiple User Accounts for Amazon which is especially useful.

I use IE, Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

They all store information isolated from other User Accounts.

On Windows 8.1, you have to go into Folder Options and view all files to locate the Appdata folder.

In Windows 8.1 you then go to the Roaming folder.
This is freaky, I use firefox too, what about earlier windows , windows 7,is it still safe?
Old 11-26-2014

Longevity: 55%

I use several Cyberfox portable browsers on my desktop I have had no problems as of yet as all of the cookies ect
are stored in the portable folder not in your C drive, just change my ip when going to each different account.
Old 11-27-2014

Yes, I do similar. I use firefox portable and have had 2 accounts limited in the last two days. New IP each time I logon to that user account and no common or slight variations on data.
Old 11-28-2014

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashingBlade View Post
Yes, I do similar. I use firefox portable and have had 2 accounts limited in the last two days. New IP each time I logon to that user account and no common or slight variations on data.
Differences from Mozilla Firefox

Firefox Portable retains all of Mozilla Firefox's abilities such as extensions and automatic updating. Modifications to reduce the number of writes to the flash drive have also been added. The web cache and browser history were previously disabled under the release of 2.0. Firefox Portable's ability to delete cookies and the download history on exit is not enabled by default, as per a licensing agreement with Mozilla.

Personal settings, bookmarks, and any installed extensions and themes are stored on the flash drive along with Firefox Portable. This allows the user to move from computer to computer without losing application settings. Plugins such as Flash and Shockwave cannot be installed to Portable Firefox in the usual sense, but the plug in files can be copied from a local installation to the appropriate portable folder.[3]

It looks like Portable version is not good to Stealth.
Correct me if i am wrong...
Old 11-28-2014

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
If you're using firefox portable you need to make sure you disable flash in Global Flash Settings,, if you havent gone near this then that is exactly why you are having issues.
Old 11-28-2014

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannedweekend View Post
Differences from Mozilla Firefox

Firefox Portable retains all of Mozilla Firefox's abilities such as extensions and automatic updating. Modifications to reduce the number of writes to the flash drive have also been added. The web cache and browser history were previously disabled under the release of 2.0. Firefox Portable's ability to delete cookies and the download history on exit is not enabled by default, as per a licensing agreement with Mozilla.

Personal settings, bookmarks, and any installed extensions and themes are stored on the flash drive along with Firefox Portable. This allows the user to move from computer to computer without losing application settings. Plugins such as Flash and Shockwave cannot be installed to Portable Firefox in the usual sense, but the plug in files can be copied from a local installation to the appropriate portable folder.[3]

It looks like Portable version is not good to Stealth.
Correct me if i am wrong...
You are wrong, if it's setup properly and the user knows how to work with it, it is fine. If you don't it can be catastrophic for stealth!
Old 11-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
If you're using firefox portable you need to make sure you disable flash in Global Flash Settings,, if you havent gone near this then that is exactly why you are having issues.
Flash was disabled for each instance of FireFox portable at the Macromedia settings site.
Old 11-28-2014

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong2012 View Post
I can only stress again, Firefox store cookies in the User accounts section.

Here is my direct path for the Profile and Cookies on Windows 8.1 with the User Name masked.

C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Pr ofiles\xxxxxxxx

And Flash Cookies:

Sharing this information across multiple User Accounts would be a serious Privacy invasion.

It does not happen.
Hi. Going by the path to profile and cookies above.. I reached this place on my desktop BUT dont know what to delete..
>> User \appdata\ roaming\ mozilla \ firefox \profiles \oolyvxx.default

http://s30.postimg.org/4dr6ify35/cookie.jpg

2. Once I follow this path to delete the shared objects, does that mean I have removed Beacons and flash cookies on my system? Otherwise, could you supply the path to remove flash cookies and Beacons too.

Many thanks in advance guys

Last edited by taerese; 11-28-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by taerese View Post
Hi. Going by the path to profile and cookies above.. I reached this place on my desktop BUT dont know what to delete..
>> User \appdata\ roaming\ mozilla \ firefox \profiles \oolyvxx.default

http://s30.postimg.org/4dr6ify35/cookie.jpg

2. Once I follow this path to delete the shared objects, does that mean I have removed Beacons and flash cookies on my system? Otherwise, could you supply the path to remove flash cookies and Beacons too.

Many thanks in advance guys
1. The Folder which you have labelled A contains your profile and cookies. You can delete this and a new profile should be created again on startup.
Bare in mind this will delete bookmarks and all other stored and saved info so be careful.

2. Yes that should do it. Bare in mind Beacons are also used in emails sent to you as well.
Old 11-28-2014

By way of an update, the ebay accounts that the limited paypal accounts were taking deposits from have now had selling restrictions imposed until the issue with paypal is resolved. I hadnt linked the accounts.
Old 11-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
By way of an update, the ebay accounts that the limited paypal accounts were taking deposits from have now had selling restrictions imposed until the issue with paypal is resolved. I hadnt linked the accounts.
It's a sad evolution on the eB accounts then - the whole mess should be let go
Old 12-01-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Walk us though your account creation method, step by step...
Hi, apologies for the delay responding. I have been away for a few days. ok, so step by step of my last account made :

set up a new user account on my laptop. I have started using internet explorer as opposed to firefox. So i opened a new ebay account using stealth address and name (i used to use variations of my own name but as they all got limited, i have started using a completely different name). Date of birth also random.

I bought a cheap pay as you go mobile and use that for mobile number.

I use entropay and created a new card. I then use this for paypal account.

I have not linked a bank account yet.

I have a spreadsheet to log the ip addresses I have used. When i log into a new paypal or ebay account i switch my router off and on and this generates a new IP address and I do this prior to logging into the relevant user account for the ebay/paypal account I am logging into. (I have completely seperate user accounts per each ebay account as advised in the stealth guide).

I don't sell high risk items. I was only selling a £20 item every few days. It seems to get to 1-2 weeks maximum and then the account gets limited by somehow being linked to my other accounts. There is absolutely no similarities other than city of the address. Absolutely stumped as to what it could be. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any advice. FYI, I am female and not very computer minded, however i am doing everything (I think) as per the stealth guide but obviously something can't be right unless ebay has some new fancy way of linking accounts. But if so surely everybody's stealth accounts would be down the toilet?!

Last edited by pleasehelp; 12-01-2014 at 08:14 PM.
Old 12-01-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
ok so each time you get limited you delete the windows user account and make a new one? and your IP address is definitely always different? who is your ISP?

What you using for a phone number?
Hi, yes always brand new user account. I am with SKY as my internet provider. Defo IP address always different as I check IP burger website before logging in.

Phone is a EE pay as you go mobile.

Not sure if this is any clue, but on one of my last account when i requested after a month higher selling allowances, it asked me to confirm the user id, email address and phone number of another ebay selling account i have?! It says once i confirmed the details they would send me a pin and once entered it would match the limits of the other account. Thought this was really strange?! Then i thought could it be something to do with the random stealth address chosen, maybe there is already an account registered at that address or something?!
Old 12-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Hi, yes always brand new user account. I am with SKY as my internet provider. Defo IP address always different as I check IP burger website before logging in.

Phone is a EE pay as you go mobile.

Not sure if this is any clue, but on one of my last account when i requested after a month higher selling allowances, it asked me to confirm the user id, email address and phone number of another ebay selling account i have?! It says once i confirmed the details they would send me a pin and once entered it would match the limits of the other account. Thought this was really strange?! Then i thought could it be something to do with the random stealth address chosen, maybe there is already an account registered at that address or something?!
That seems to happen on a lot of accounts, it doesnt mean you are linked.
We get it more often now rather than the linking to paypal option to increase limits.
Old 12-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Hi, apologies for the delay responding. I have been away for a few days. ok, so step by step of my last account made :

set up a new user account on my laptop. I have started using internet explorer as opposed to firefox. So i opened a new ebay account using stealth address and name (i used to use variations of my own name but as they all got limited, i have started using a completely different name). Date of birth also random.

I bought a cheap pay as you go mobile and use that for mobile number.

I use entropay and created a new card. I then use this for paypal account.

I have not linked a bank account yet.

I have a spreadsheet to log the ip addresses I have used. When i log into a new paypal or ebay account i switch my router off and on and this generates a new IP address and I do this prior to logging into the relevant user account for the ebay/paypal account I am logging into. (I have completely seperate user accounts per each ebay account as advised in the stealth guide).

I don't sell high risk items. I was only selling a £20 item every few days. It seems to get to 1-2 weeks maximum and then the account gets limited by somehow being linked to my other accounts. There is absolutely no similarities other than city of the address. Absolutely stumped as to what it could be. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any advice. FYI, I am female and not very computer minded, however i am doing everything (I think) as per the stealth guide but obviously something can't be right unless ebay has some new fancy way of linking accounts. But if so surely everybody's stealth accounts would be down the toilet?!
How do you know you are being limited by being linked? Does it actually state your usernames/emails you are linked to?
Because most often if you are selling without verifying your paypal account with a bank account you usually get limited asking to supply information.
Old 12-02-2014

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
This is why i use box standard internet explorer.. dont trust any of the others lol
Can Chrome, Firefox link through different user accounts on a PC?
Old 12-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagpole View Post
Can Chrome, Firefox link through different user accounts on a PC?
I hope not.

But: FF can have issues.

Chrome can as well.

Majority of cases no links happen if strict stealth has been done.