UK Paypal Lifting EU Limits (Stealth Account) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 12-22-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default UK Paypal Lifting EU Limits (Stealth Account)

So it looks like you could get stealth everything however Paypal will do a check to see if you and your address are on the Electoral Roll. If they can't see you then they ask you to upload ID docs to lift EU limits. Is that correct?

Should I just change my address to my stealth address for the Electtoral Register here?: https://www.gov.uk/electoral-register/overview#

Assuming that doesn't work what ID do they ask you for and how are you supposed to provide that when the account is stealth?

What address do you guys use for your stealth address? A mailbox rental? Should I just change my address on my driving license to my mailbox address?

I've noticed people selling docs on this forum. How do they do that?

Last edited by DaveyMames; 12-22-2014 at 11:49 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default re: UK Paypal Lifting EU Limits (Stealth Account)

That would not work.

They would still be able to link you by name and DOB
Old 12-22-2014
Threadstarter  

What part wouldn't work?

Mate, you obviously know what WOULD work so could you please elaborate. Because at the moment it seems like the stealth guide is useless because you can get new details for everything but you still need to upload ID which you can't do!

If they link you by name and date of birth then couldn't I just change my address to my mailbox address AND change my name? And I also have my bank account statement with my new name and address so would that new driving license and bank statement be accepted when I upload it to Paypal to lift EU limits?
Old 12-22-2014

Longevity: 77%

JamesNorth101 has explained why it wouldn't work.

You would have the same name, same DOB and only the address would change. Those two things alone are massive link factors PLUS there is only a limited amount of time you could change the address
Old 12-22-2014

If you change your name and it's a name which hasn't been LEGALLY changed then you can face a £5000 fine and 6 months in jail......I hope your profits outweigh those factors.
Old 12-22-2014
Threadstarter  

It has been changed legally. So would having a new name and mailbox address work when I upload my drivers licence with those new details? Presumably the proof of address Paypal needs is a bank statement? That's also using my new details.

What do you mean "there is only a limited amount of time you could change the address"? You can change your address on your drivers licence as much as you want, same with your bank account.
Old 12-22-2014

And we advise for users to have multiple accounts, changing your name every time you want a stealth is a VERY BAD idea. You really need to read the stealth guide, read the forums and put a SOLID plan together
Old 12-22-2014
Threadstarter  

I've already read the stealth guide in full. I've read the forums and I've not found an answer. I've had my personal account banned by Paypal. I need a new one and I only plan on this being the only account I ever have since all it's used for is to occasionally buy and sell on Ebay and to send payments to people and to buy things on websites.

What kind of plan are you talking about? I read the stealth guide, I've made sure I'm using all new details. What other planning do I need?

Can you not confirm that using a new name and mailbox address will work or not when I need to upload my ID to Paypal?
Old 12-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

for a business acc your plan could be ok eg. a mailbox.

you legally changed your name? drastic...a common name and your dob and a different id than preiusly submitted eg. passport and a bill for the mailbox 'might' not get linked but chance it would too - so you weigh it up....

and you are right OP, it is all very well forumers telling you what you cannot do but a bit more help might be in order - it could be nobody knows what to do re new rules or are keeping schtum....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 12-22-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-22-2014
Threadstarter  

I don't think I've ever uploaded a drivers licence as ID for my old banned account so presumably my new ID should be OK?
Old 12-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

DL has an address on it, would that not be the linked address?

so you are saying you have legally changed name with same address?
Old 12-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Yes I've changed my name but address on driving license is still my banned address. So was going to change address on my licence to my mailbox address. I've never uploaded my driving licence to Paypal before so I don't see why this wouldn't work.

By the way, my Ebay account wasn't banned. Once I have a new stealth Paypal account can I link it to my Ebay account or should I create a new Ebay account as well?
Old 12-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyMames View Post
Yes I've changed my name but address on driving license is still my banned address. So was going to change address on my licence to my mailbox address. I've never uploaded my driving licence to Paypal before so I don't see why this wouldn't work.

By the way, my Ebay account wasn't banned. Once I have a new stealth Paypal account can I link it to my Ebay account or should I create a new Ebay account as well?

No you can not add a new paypal to that ebay.

You have to read the forum with the Stealth Book as back-up.

Stealth Book gives the basics.

Forum has the working answers.

Have you any idea of what your total amounts with paypal might be?

Are you going to be sure not to repeat the issues that got the limitation in the 1st instance.
Old 12-22-2014
Threadstarter  

OK thanks. Spending under £2,000 per year with my Paypal account. Just use it to buy things off websites, Ebay and to send occasional payments to people. Just normal usage.

Yes I'll be sure not to repeat my mistakes. I had a business Paypal account. I sold pirated DVDs on my website of stuff that nobody cares about, shows that are not available to buy in the shops and which never will be. Was always going to get a merchant account but I was putting it off as I was busy with other things. Then after several months of using Paypal with no complaints from anyone of any kind Paypal just emailed me to say they're permanently limiting my account. So I couldn't accept payment on my website for a few months until I got my merchant account set up. It's setup now.

I still had my personal account which had no issues whatsoever, just used it for buying from ebay, etc. I sold 1 Match of the Day 2014 World Cup item on Ebay that I recorded off TV. Maybe sold 7 in total over a few months. No complaints. Paypal permanently limited my account. Thought they would just give me a warning then I'd stop but no they limited my account and it can't be appealed against! Guess I should have known better as both accounts are linked but there you go!
Old 12-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Pirate copies of DVDs are never liked by paypal.

Having a rsot moment, did you say you are going to use this on your web or stand apart from everything?
Old 12-22-2014
Threadstarter  

What does "rsot moment" mean?

It's only going to be used for occasional personal usage. Will NOT be used to do anything illegal.
Old 12-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Default Re: UK Paypal Lifting EU Limits (Stealth Account)

bad idea to change the address on your DL to a mailbox, if that is even possible.

if it is just a website agree, avoid paypal.

if you just want to use paypal to buy with, just read the stealth rules and a mailbox or even a variation of your address and name eg unit 3 instead of door number 3 'might' be ok and if it isnt you have only a card attached and you are just buying anyway...

if you want a new ebay and paypal for selling, that is where a business acc at a mailbox, with passport and eg. a bill for docs might be ok....

IF forumers more in the know are saying that you cannot pass checks in any other way than to be yourself, then you will just have to be 'business you' instead of home you'

I for one am reserving judgement on all this until I see for myself ...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 12-23-2014 at 11:34 AM.