several blocked paypal accounts. Followed Stealth rules. Unsure how they are linked?! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-19-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default several blocked paypal accounts. Followed Stealth rules. Unsure how they are linked?!

Hi,

Thank you in advance to anyone reading this that may be able to help me.

I have recently had 4 paypal accounts blocked within the month with this message.
"Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

For reasons relating to the safe use of the PayPal Service we need some more information about you and your account to help confirm your identity.

This limitation cannot be appealed against."

However when i click on the link to provide more informaiton, it says "your account is still limited".

basically it seems like paypal are linking all my accounts together. However I have used the ebay Stealth Book rules to set these accounts up so i have no idea what's causing the issue. Also i had an account that i had over a year set up with the stealth method, that only got limited when a problematic customer complained and they then asked for ID and ultimately it got permanently limited. Ever since then i have been trying to set up these new accounts which is now the problem i am currently having where none are ok for longer than a week.

I have read many threads and i think this covers everything you need to know : here is the step by step of my procedure:

I have used a different spelling of my own name. A friends address. I use a completely new user account on my laptop so to avoid problems with cookies etc. I switch my router off and on and check on IP burger before logging into different ebay accounts and save IP address on a spreadsheet so i know which ip address i have logged into each ebay account with. I use Entroypay as the card to add. 3 got limited before i even added a bank account, I thought it may be a problem that i didn't add a bank account straight away so the last one i added a prepaid card (cashplus) which has an account number and sort code as my bank account. As the others were limited before even adding a bank account I am not convinced the prepaid account is the issue. It seems like something is tipping them off that it is me setting these accounts up or that they are stealth accounts. The items i was selling were not high risk items - none branded cosmetic sets. £19 each and the last account i only sold 2 of them before it limited with the above message. I also bought a cheap pay as you go mobile as the mobile number to provide to paypal. So the number is also brand new to this account.

Is therefore something I am doing or not doing which is causing these problems ? As i thought I was being so careful :o(

Also i should add that the ebay accounts linked to these are fine. But i can't list anything as a message comes up saying the paypal address used for payment method is not acceptable.

Thanks

Becky

Last edited by pleasehelp; 11-19-2014 at 06:39 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%
Default Re: several blocked paypal accounts. Followed Stealth rules. Unsure how they are link

Sounds like you are getting linked by flash cookies.

What internet browser are you using to make the accounts?
Do you have any toolbars installed?
Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: several blocked paypal accounts. Followed Stealth rules. Unsure how they are link

What are you doing for DOB?

Did all accounts use the same friends address?
Old 11-19-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
Sounds like you are getting linked by flash cookies.

What internet browser are you using to make the accounts?
Do you have any toolbars installed?

Mozilla Firefox.
I thought it could be the cookies but they are brand new user accounts on my laptop. One for each ebay / paypal account. I never "cross contominate them" for want of a better phrase. As per the stealth guide I literally name my user account by my ebay user name and that account only gets used for logging into that paypal and ebay account.

Could it be anything else do you think? i have read some comments on threads about paypal checking with credit agencies etc. But then i noticed on one thread it said that wasn't coming in until next year. Could it be that though?
Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Firefox does share information across accounts, its designed this way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
JamesNorth101 (11-19-2014), pleasehelp (11-19-2014)
Old 11-19-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
What are you doing for DOB?

Did all accounts use the same friends address?
Different DOB's. Just invented ones.

Different friends addresses (well one uncle and the rest friends). They live in the same city as me but other than that there is no link to me. Running out of options now, so can't risk attempting to set up another one without knowing what the issue is with them.
Old 11-19-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
oh i had no idea. However remembering back to the first one - i had cleared my main account cookies and internet history before i then decided i wouldn't bother going down this method (as its too much hassle every time) and started a new user account on my laptop instead. I have never logged back into the original blocked account since i did this.
Could they therefore just be blocking me because i am trying to have more than one account and its somehow aware of this through my browser, even if they are not linking me to the initial blocked account?

Which browser would you recommend? IE?
Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

This is why i use box standard internet explorer.. dont trust any of the others lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (11-19-2014), pleasehelp (11-19-2014), taerese (11-20-2014)
Old 11-19-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
This is why i use box standard internet explorer.. dont trust any of the others lol
Its so frustrating isn't it?! the stealth account i had for a year I used with mozilla firefox. It seems though the goal posts are forever changing. I have never had this amount of trouble though. Usually my issues have been with ebay accounts too. Never with paypal accounts being blocked like this

So do you have seperare user accounts but you use IE instead on each of them? and that doesn't share information?

Thanks again for your help by the way :o)
Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasehelp View Post
Its so frustrating isn't it?! the stealth account i had for a year I used with mozilla firefox. It seems though the goal posts are forever changing. I have never had this amount of trouble though. Usually my issues have been with ebay accounts too. Never with paypal accounts being blocked like this

So do you have seperare user accounts but you use IE instead on each of them? and that doesn't share information?

Thanks again for your help by the way :o)
Yes thats what i do.

How do you check the emails?
Old 11-19-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes thats what i do.

How do you check the emails?
The ebay/paypal emails? to be honest i hadn't had the need to check them as accounts had not lasted long enough to be sent any. When i first opened the ebay and paypal accounts i was logged into my new email set up with gmail.com, but since first opening them i haven't gone back into my emails as only got to a week old and then they were blocked :o(
Old 11-19-2014

Longevity: 88%

recently paypal changed the rules, now we all have the same problem here.
Old 11-20-2014

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
And this is why I said, I will buy a laptops + a dongle for each of my accounts. If the money is there to be made then its worth the investment of £150 for a used laptop and even less for a desktop.

I see u laugh but I dont want be caught off guard.

Wait a minute, hold on though! I thought PayPal said earlier this year they will be suspending two users login from the same computer. If this has not been fully enforced on old accounts as I have two PayPal myself, I will assume they are already implementing this on newly created accounts.

Last edited by TGMT²; 11-20-2014 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Not allowed..
Old 11-20-2014
peghmeypong

Longevity: 0%

Can you clarify the info about PayPal saying they will be suspending users logging in from same computer? I think I've missed something. I've tried searching the forum but can't find it, if it's out there?
Old 11-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

I am intrigued.

I use all the main browsers, IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome across multiple User Accounts.

With no Issues as yet (Touchwood)

Firefox do separate the location of storing Cookies and Flash Cookies.

Cookies:

windows 7 - Firefox 9 or 10 Cookie Location - Super User

Flash Cookies:

Folder location of Flash cookies on Windows Vista - Super User

I am using Windows 8.1 and I have checked carefully. On each instance all browser records and cookies including flash are separated.

I don't think Firefox is the issue in this case.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2014

Longevity: 54%

Hi, still new to the forums and this question may have been answered a million times already but I've searched with no luck... when you verify address with a VCC do you then have to verify address again if you add a bank (AVS)? because it seems the only way to make withdrawals is if you add a bank or card.

I've opened stealth accounts before but I literally had to change ALL my information (IP, address where I receive my bank statements, registered a company, name variation, phone number, email address) I still have 2 paypal accounts which I'm afraid to risk but the associated ebay accounts were suspended (for some BS reasons).

How do I get through the bank AVS check and what do I do if PP request ID and proof of address? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated
Old 11-20-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

If it's not firefox, do you have any other ideas what could be causing the linking of the accounts? I thought I was doing everything correctly, but something can't be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong2012 View Post
I am intrigued.

I use all the main browsers, IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome across multiple User Accounts.

Cookies:

Flash Cookies:

I am using Windows 8.1 and I have checked carefully. On each instance all browser records and cookies including flash are separated.

Old 11-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong2012 View Post
I am intrigued.

Cookies:

Flash Cookies:

Both firefox and Chrome have sync settings and unless they are all turned off it shares cookies.
The cookies are stored in program files and not the user account folders.

Your choice if you want to risk this really.. But i use Internet explorer with NO toolbars as they can also link as well.
Old 11-20-2014

Quote:
Both firefox and Chrome have sync settings and unless they are all turned off it shares cookies.

Your choice if you want to risk this really.. But i use Internet explorer with NO toolbars as they can also link as well.
So are you saying that using chrome will link you across user accounts?
Old 11-20-2014

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Cookies are NOT stored in program files.

They are stored in each user account separately.

The sync settings are not carried across user accounts.
rsot (11-28-2014)
Old 11-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoteBay View Post
Cookies are NOT stored in program files.

They are stored in each user account separately.

The sync settings are not carried across user accounts.
Thanks for clarifying, I soiled my underwear when I read that. Thought it was odd why no one mentioned it before.
Old 11-22-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

another account limited! so frustrating. back to the drawing board. Any other ideas would be much appreciated as to what's causing this?