Anyone has bought an eBay account? Please advise - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 07-24-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Anyone has bought an eBay account? Please advise

Hi all,

I have followed the stealth guide and successfully built a stealth account with some sales and feedback. Everything is fine except that my selling limit is way too low to what I need. Right now it's 50/$5000 and I need at least 1000/$10,000. I called eBay rep and he said I must wait for two more weeks to get the first increase (my account is about one month old). I figure it would take me months to reach the desired limit. So I am mulling the option of buying a high-limit account here. If anyone has bought, or is selling accounts here, please give me some advise.

1. I am living in California, let's say if I buy an account that has New York address, will eBay flag the account off when I keep logging in with an IP address from California? Same question to Paypal.

2. Eventually, I would need to change the account address to my own mailbox so I can receive returned packages. How soon can I do that? (I am renting a mailbox that gives me real street address)

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Anyone has bought an eBay account? Please advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1000 View Post
1. I am living in California, let's say if I buy an account that has New York address, will eBay flag the account off when I keep logging in with an IP address from California? Same question to Paypal.
Not if you log enough activity with your IP's and cookies. You can always ask for a California Account and see if they have one available.

Quote:
2. Eventually, I would need to change the account address to my own mailbox so I can receive returned packages. How soon can I do that? (I am renting a mailbox that gives me real street address)
Thanks
Optimistically you should wait at least 30 days after you start using the account. I would highly recommend you make a buying account separately of your selling accounts, but that's only my opinion.
Old 07-24-2015

Quote:
Hi all,

I have followed the stealth guide and successfully built a stealth account with some sales and feedback. Everything is fine except that my selling limit is way too low to what I need. Right now it's 50/$5000 and I need at least 1000/$10,000. I called eBay rep and he said I must wait for two more weeks to get the first increase (my account is about one month old). I figure it would take me months to reach the desired limit. So I am mulling the option of buying a high-limit account here. If anyone has bought, or is selling accounts here, please give me some advise.

Thanks
You've maxed out a one month old account?
Old 07-25-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
You've maxed out a one month old account?
It's not hard to max out an account. I listed very cheap stuff at my cost, sometimes even at loss and they are sold within hours. I sold 40+ items in one week and get 14 feedback a week later. I am a 15-year eBay veteran. New to stealth but old to eBay
Old 07-25-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Not if you log enough activity with your IP's and cookies. You can always ask for a California Account and see if they have one available
The stealth guide does say that IP address should be within 100 miles from registered address. Do you know anyone who use remote IP address without problem? I bet many people here are operating stealth accounts with different addresses. Please give your advise.
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
The stealth guide does say that IP address should be within 100 miles from registered address. Do you know anyone who use remote IP address without problem? I bet many people here are operating stealth accounts with different addresses. Please give your advise.
Just to give you an example, I live in Calif. and I have accounts as far as Texas and have no problems, it's all about cookies and history. Can't buy an account Today and sell on it tomorrow....gotta build up those cookies, browsing History...
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
henry1000 (07-25-2015)
Old 07-25-2015
Banned

Longevity: 52%

It's very important that one has a very good understanding on how to operate these accounts.
Old 07-25-2015

Quote:
It's not hard to max out an account. I listed very cheap stuff at my cost, sometimes even at loss and they are sold within hours. I sold 40+ items in one week and get 14 feedback a week later. I am a 15-year eBay veteran. New to stealth but old to eBay
I didn't say that it was HARD to max out an account. Just that ebay doesn't like people going balls to the wall on their first and very new account.
Old 07-25-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
I didn't say that it was HARD to max out an account. Just that ebay doesn't like people going balls to the wall on their first and very new account.
Yeah I am aware of that when I created the account. I did not sell right away. I kept logging in, browsing, watching, following other sellers, bidding (with intention to be outbid), bought some cheap stuff and have them shipped to the registered address, got some feedback as buyer. After 10 days I started listing, with very low risk items. I sell multiple items with the same listings. I don't do anything that can arouse eBay's suspicion. Gotta to stay low to avoid getting hit.
Old 07-25-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Just to give you an example, I live in Calif. and I have accounts as far as Texas and have no problems, it's all about cookies and history. Can't buy an account Today and sell on it tomorrow....gotta build up those cookies, browsing History...
Your advise is invaluable. I feel some relief now. Thank you.
Old 07-25-2015
Banned

Longevity: 58%

Ebay does not geo locate IPs. As long as your IP is within the US they wont give you any problems. Im in Ca too and have accounts in NY that are doing just fine. But like MM78 said cookies and history is essential to keeping ebay off your back.
Old 07-27-2015
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox20c View Post
Ebay does not geo locate IPs. As long as your IP is within the US they wont give you any problems. Im in Ca too and have accounts in NY that are doing just fine. But like MM78 said cookies and history is essential to keeping ebay off your back.
Looks like a lot of stealthers in CA

Add me to the list of CA stealthers that can confirm IP location does not matter, as long as its a quality US IP
Old 07-27-2015
Banned

Longevity: 58%

It's the place to be!
Old 07-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox20c View Post
It's the place to be!
Until we get swallowed by the Ocean!
Old 07-29-2015

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Until we get swallowed by the Ocean!
Or dried out like spongebob.

Cali crew checking in
Old 08-05-2015

Quote:
On your listing, where do you set your item location at? By default, eBay will list your item location at your registered address, but that can manually changed. I am in California and the stealth account has Georgia address, can I set item location in Calif. on my listing? Does that give eBay a flag?

And how do you handle returns? Do you tell your buyers to return item to your real address, or just let them keep it and write it as a loss?

Last edited by hv1000; 08-05-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-08-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Back to your original question, the only real, depenable, safe solution to getting the limit you want is to get/have/build up that limit with TIME. And the only way you can skip the TIME obstacle is to get 2 accounts (or 3 or whatever) that total your goal monthly limit. As soon as you try to turbo charge an account or rush anything, you're sabotaging yourself.
Old 08-08-2015

Longevity: 62%

Ip location has never mattered to me.....i have stealth accounts all over the country also regarding address when you create label you can change return address without changing address on ebay acct
Old 08-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts

Yeah dont worry about matching ip state location, geo tracking in general is not very accurate yet so ebay doesnt use it heavily, just make sure country matches
Old 08-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Nobody else has given you an honest answer.

Even if you buy a eBay account no matter the limits unless you have a PayPal account that you can verify with Tax ID or one of their few other Authorized payment providers you are wasting your time. Even if you buy a Stealth eBay with a Stealth PayPal you bill be limited to a maximum of 200 transactions and 20k in sales.

In my opinion you have zero chance getting to the numbers you want. You have to go through the process of getting an EIN you get one personal or through setting up a corporation.

You can buy 5,000 eBay accounts it won't get you past the 200/20k Tax ID law.