Lost majority of stealth accounts in one day - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-16-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Lost majority of stealth accounts in one day

All on the same day I lost the majority of my stealth accounts because of "security concerns". I follow all stealth practices. The only difference between accounts that were suspended and ones that weren't, were the computers they were accessed on. The eBay Accounts were all suspended but none of the paypal accounts. The only thing I can think of is that the Mac desktop I had used, transmitted some unique data all of a sudden, but who knows.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-16-2015

Default Re: Lost majority of stealth accounts in one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazy View Post
All on the same day I lost the majority of my stealth accounts because of "security concerns". I follow all stealth practices. .
This happened to me too a few months ago on 2 separate days, 2 days apart. I have a feeling it's not necessarily anything I did to link all accounts. I'm thinking it's a public database sweep. No public data=Security concerns = Suspended account. It's just a theory, but very possible.
Old 08-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo2012 View Post
This happened to me too a few months ago on 2 separate days, 2 days apart. I have a feeling it's not necessarily anything I did to link all accounts. I'm thinking it's a public database sweep. No public data=Security concerns = Suspended account. It's just a theory, but very possible.
I don't think this is the case. eBay tends to check the account when you register them.

Also, the OP stated that all of the accounts she lost were accessed from one computer and the other accounts accessed on a different computer were just fine. If it was some sort of a sweep, the lost accounts probably would have been a mix of accounts from both systems. We would also be hearing from other users about it, there would be DOZENS of posts. But I DO like that you are thinking about what could have happened. Because ONE DAY, your theory COULD come true.

TO THE OP: Dont close those PayPal accounts. They MAY go down, but you can always use them for something else if they do not. I have a couple of PayPal's that I kept when an eBay account got burned and now I am thankful that I kept them.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
NewYork (08-16-2015)
Old 08-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I don't think this is the case. eBay tends to check the account when you register them.

Also, the OP stated that all of the accounts she lost were accessed from one computer and the other accounts accessed on a different computer were just fine. If it was some sort of a sweep, the lost accounts probably would have been a mix of accounts from both systems. We would also be hearing from other users about it, there would be DOZENS of posts. But I DO like that you are thinking about what could have happened. Because ONE DAY, your theory COULD come true.

TO THE OP: Dont close those PayPal accounts. They MAY go down, but you can always use them for something else if they do not. I have a couple of PayPal's that I kept when an eBay account got burned and now I am thankful that I kept them.
Yea, the paypal accounts are on the backburner for now. One got limited yesterday... after I got the funds out Anyone think it could be the fact I was using a Mac? Some of my accounts were 3 years old with thousands of feedback. Never had an issue like this before. Just started using the mac a few months ago. Any other theories, ideas?
Old 08-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Yea, the paypal accounts are on the backburner for now. One got limited yesterday... after I got the funds out Anyone think it could be the fact I was using a Mac? Some of my accounts were 3 years old with thousands of feedback. Never had an issue like this before. Just started using the mac a few months ago. Any other theories, ideas?
Call and ask what's going on. Stop asking us: We don't know. We can only guess. An eBay rep can give you insight.
Old 08-17-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Call and ask what's going on. Stop asking us: We don't know. We can only guess. An eBay rep can give you insight.
OMG that's a great idea... I already have several times and each time was simply told I was a security concern. Why would you assume that I hadn't already called eBay? Sorry bud if I offended you somehow...

Now, is anyone else interested in sharing similar experiences or ideas and theories so that maybe we can actually shed some light on why this happened. I am currently speaking with another member who had a similar experience and we were both explicitly following stealth rules.

Just trying to connect the dots...
Old 08-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
OMG that's a great idea... I already have several times and each time was simply told I was a security concern. Why would you assume that I hadn't already called eBay? Sorry bud if I offended you somehow...
Didn't realize you weren't drinking the "calling eBay is the devil" kool-aid.....

My bad.

Old 08-17-2015
Banned

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Didn't realize you weren't drinking the "calling eBay is the devil" kool-aid.....

My bad.

hmmm that makes no sense... he just said he did call...
Old 08-17-2015
Banned

hazy listen dude. give more details man. no1 can help when the problem like your username is unclear and "hazy" <_>
Old 08-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Were the accounts selling similar items? Similar listings?
Old 08-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
hmmm that makes no sense... he just said he did call...
Not in either of the posts prior to my comment.

Are you high?
Old 08-17-2015
Banned

Quote:
Not in either of the posts prior to my comment.

Are you high?
uhhh wut... I guess so...
Old 08-17-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post

Also, the OP stated that all of the accounts she lost were accessed from one computer and the other accounts accessed on a different computer were just fine.
My bad, I read i wrong originally,
The thing is, it happened to me last spring, almost 20 accounts on a Sunday and almost 20 accounts the next Tuesday. Mine where across different computers & some had not been accessed for over a year. Some had listed items & never sold, in other words a very big mix of lots of different accounts. After it happened i came back to the forums & I saw many other threads with similar stories apparently since last fall. I knew I wasn't alone.
I know database is checked when accounts are created (now) but most of mine where created in 2012. I was much easier then. They may not do a sweep that is ebay wide, (it would hurt there cash flow ). But maybe on smaller scales.
My strategy now will be to stagger account creation, in 2012/2013 i created about 100 accounts, in a 9 month period. I wasn't creating accounts in the last 2 years because 1. I didn't need 'em & 2. the ones I had were working so well. EBay taught me a lesson, now that i have a really good base built again I'm going to create 2-3 a month just in case. ...
Old 08-17-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:

My bad.

LoL it's cool, yea I figured what can they do, suspend me? haha
Old 08-17-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Were the accounts selling similar items? Similar listings?
Thats the thing, some were and some weren't. Some are still selling the same items as ones that got hit, yet they didn't get hit. The only thing in common with the ones that got suspended vs the ones that didn't is the usage of different computers, one being a mac.
Old 08-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

What browsers are you using?
What is the IP method?
similar ship from locations?
do you clean your pics?
are you using separate user accounts? If so are they all admin?
Phone numbers active?
VBA and credit cards all good?
have you been editing the from zip code if printing labels off ebay?

You called in to ebay on all the accounts and did not get any answers at all? Not a single rep read from the report? How long did you wait on hold while they investigated the reason to report to you?
I can usually get a good amount of info. I may have to call a few times but I can almost always get some info.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (08-17-2015)
Old 08-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
You called in to ebay on all the accounts and did not get any answers at all? Not a single rep read from the report? How long did you wait on hold while they investigated the reason to report to you?
I can usually get a good amount of info. I may have to call a few times but I can almost always get some info.
Same here....I wasn't going to push the issue though.
Old 08-17-2015

Longevity: 62%

Yankee nailed it I was thinking of all those things too just did not feel like typing them
Old 08-17-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
What browsers are you using?
What is the IP method?
similar ship from locations?
do you clean your pics?
are you using separate user accounts? If so are they all admin?
Phone numbers active?
VBA and credit cards all good?
have you been editing the from zip code if printing labels off ebay?

I use a paid proxy service.
I use a 3rd party shipping/ label application
All pics are cleaned
Yes separate Admin accounts for each.
Phone/ VBA/ CC all good...Also, if not then I would imagine paypal would have limited the accounts as well.
I do not print directly off of ebay.

One rep. had me on and off hold and came back just to say their security team reviewed my account and triggered concern.

Another didnt put me on hold and said that they had an issue with the items I was selling. None of the other accounts had this item for sale.

The 3rd rep. transferred me to a different dept. which had me on hold for about 10 min to say ebay has made their final decision and the account is suspended indefinitely due to risk.
Old 08-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
One rep. had me on and off hold and came back just to say their security team reviewed my account and triggered concern.

Another didnt put me on hold and said that they had an issue with the items I was selling. None of the other accounts had this item for sale.

The 3rd rep. transferred me to a different dept. which had me on hold for about 10 min to say ebay has made their final decision and the account is suspended indefinitely due to risk.
So you only called 3 times....I'm guessing once for each account?

If you REALLY want to get to the bottom of this, you're going to have to be a LOT more persistent with eBay. They are the only ones who know for sure why the accounts were suspended.
Old 08-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

could be your proxie along with a couple other things such as the items or catagory.

I lost 13 accounts a few weeks ago. I called ebay more than 100 times over three days. Basically my accounts were altogether different but unique at the same time. Similar selling methods, different items on all accountsbut all outdoor sporting goods and many within a certain category. All used the same browser, all had a similar IPS, all had similar ship from locations. A couple of accounts had loose links via IP during a single day. All were created around the same time. All were created with the same procedure. All had similar shipping styles and pricing. All account had 100% positive feedback or zero feedback.

NOT all have even sold an item or had been listed on.

My point of all this is that NOTHING seemed to be a solid link at all BUT several loose links.

Now 100% of my accounts that were created differently and different times and also had the same loose ip link the same days are cranking along just fine. All the paypal accounts are fine.

I find when they tell you nothing at all they suspect FooFoo. Pricing too low on a BIN can do this.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (08-17-2015)
Old 08-17-2015

Longevity: 62%

What's up with the user accounts being admins ?