Amazon Seller Support on another planet! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-25-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Amazon Seller Support on another planet!

As the title suggests. I having having an issue with Amazon Seller Support since the end of last week that seriously made me question if they were on another planet, out to lunch, whatever.

The issue started when I accidentally sent 2 items to a buyer when they had only ordered 1 item. The buyer responded by wanting to keep both items and 'simply' pay me for the second 1. What a joke that was!, I started messaging Amazon seller support late last week about how I could create an invoice for this buyer to pay for said 2nd item. She was expecting to be paying for it Monday or Tuesday of this week, no chance.

Amazon's first response to me was they cannot help sellers to create VAT invoices!, out of touch or what, I never mentioned VAT invoices. Anyway this has dragged on all week with messages toing and froing between the 3 of us. The buyer is incredulous about it and cannot believe how seller central behave or react/don't react to things.

At one point I had a freephone number for the buyer to ring them to make payment herself, so she phoned 3 times, they hung up on her twice, then finally said she cannot make the payment herself like that, and that I haven't to deal with it and charge her myself! Only now today have I had a decent message from them saying they 'realise' they have made big mistakes here and will now charge the buyer themselves and then transfer the money to me.

I won't be waiting with abated breath, needless to say. Then they made another mistake, asking me for feedback on how they have dealt with this issue, l let them know exactly how I felt about it...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Amazon Seller Support on another planet!

Rough to hear about this nonsense Rosie...Seller Support indeed seems clueless - just making up stuff to give you the runaround...loser CS
Old 02-25-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Rough to hear about this nonsense Rosie...Seller Support indeed seems clueless - just making up stuff to give you the runaround...loser CS
Yes crazy eh, anyway I left them in no uncertain terms with hopefully a real understanding of what customer support/seller support should be all about, and how they appear to be so out of touch with it that they were not getting any feedback rating from me. You couldn't make it up !
Old 02-25-2016

Longevity: 53%

All first-line support staff is usually a pack of low-paid immigrants from third-world countries, what level of support do you expect from them? They are paid just enough not to leave, but expecting any brain activity from them is useless, if you ask any question that is not on their instruction - prepare to see another epic fail.
Old 02-25-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
All first-line support staff is usually a pack of low-paid immigrants from third-world countries, what level of support do you expect from them? They are paid just enough not to leave, but expecting any brain activity from them is useless, if you ask any question that is not on their instruction - prepare to see another epic fail.
Hate to say but all the names looked to be Indian ! As well which I kept getting the feeling has a lot to do with why they were not grasping what the issue was, their use of the English language in their replies to me had to be seen to be believed.
Old 02-26-2016
Threadstarter  

Update here it is still going on, posted about in Amazon seller forum and someone suggested just let customer buy the item again and don't despatch it, that way she can pay through the normal route, that option is sounding idyllic at the present time, a nice easy option that doesn't involve Seller Central in any shape or form whatsoever, they can't touch it or get anywhere near it, absolute heaven.
Old 02-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Hmm as long as your customer is aware - seems to be a good customer so far
Old 02-27-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Hmm as long as your customer is aware - seems to be a good customer so far
Yes is an excellent customer rsot, did suggest something along these lines in the last week. As things seemed to be getting sorted I didn't follow it up back then, boy was that a mistake!
Old 02-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Hate to say but all the names looked to be Indian ! As well which I kept getting the feeling has a lot to do with why they were not grasping what the issue was, their use of the English language in their replies to me had to be seen to be believed.
because they are generally lazy and useless, they pick the easiest option eg to send you to someone else or give a generic reply...as long as they can press ticket resolved at their end.
Old 02-28-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 48%
Smile Re: Amazon Seller Support on another planet!

Amazon Seller Support sucks... They hire the most uneducated unskilled people that live on this planet...

Not surprised at all...

Old 02-28-2016

Longevity: 47%

This is the lesson learned...

If "they" suxk then "WE" need to be bada$$..so that we smart ones don't need to rely on the dumbas$e$

If we perfect our knowledge and strive for perfection in what we are doing. We do not need to rely on "them".
Then WE become THE GODS.

Old 02-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Yes not feeling very godlike at the moment I've got to say, but if this issue doesn't get sorted out tomorrow (Monday) then its definately going to have to be listing the item again and then the buyer can 'buy' it, pay for it, and obviously I won't ship it as she already has it.
Old 03-01-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 48%

The extent of Amazon's seller customer service sucking is the same extent of Amazon's buyer customer service being awesome (and it is.)

I have slightly better results with phone calls over tickets or online chats. The reps have told me they do both, perhaps it's just that you have their undivided attention. Reps have told me when they chat, they're chatting with many people at once.

BTW, know that US law is if you ship someone something they didn't order, or you ship more than they ordered, they're legally entitled to keep it and don't owe you a dime.

Treasure this customer and do everything you can do keeping them happy to get your money. If you get ones who won't pay like this one, make sure to give free return labels and even bribe them a bit if that doesn't work.

Learn to not ship duplicates, it will save a lot of money.

This started because companies used to ship things to people they didn't order and bill them for it, so because of those jerks, legit sellers who make mistakes have no recourse.
Old 03-01-2016
Threadstarter  

Fortunately this has now been sorted out as I have relisted the item, they buyer 'bought' it, paid for it, I didn't despatch as she has it already. It seems the best way to deal with Amz seller support can be to not deal with them, to bypass them completely. Hallelujah!!
Old 03-06-2016

Longevity: 62%

The funniest thing about those reps is that they are all on the similar metrics as amz sellers.. They ask for feedback like insane and actually could do a lot for a buyer (like return a product that was purchased from amazon more than 6m ago). If you find a rep who went in trouble with his metrics... you can do incredible things on amazon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
Old 03-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Not trying to be an ass or anything, but couldn't you just sent them a invoice via a different payment system that is safe. Or just ask buyer to send you a check, they seem like on the up and up. Not much to lose.