Any way to by-pass SSN# requirement for paypal? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-15-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Any way to by-pass SSN# requirement for paypal?

hi,
i'm in the usa....does anyone know how to bypass the ssn# that paypal requires? i remember modee saying there was a method....please help
thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Ah, but Modee only hinted at the method. It was never shared with the forum.
Old 02-15-2009

Longevity: 94%

ohhh boy , i just got hit with ss# inquiry today for withdrawing $900 over the weekend. I knew better but i thought i was above all of that. Delusions of Grainger i guess from my new GOLD POWERSELLER status . What a waste. Although they are letting me withdraw money out. I have a feeling this is the begining of the end for this account so i canceled all my auctions and am going to wait it out. Hopefully ill find some info on it . Maybe modee will see this and offer to take my money for some answers ...... -0"""""
Old 02-15-2009
Threadstarter  

Default modeehint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Ah, but Modee only hinted at the method. It was never shared with the forum.
what was the hint? does it have anything to do with registering it in canada where they don't require ssn# or maybe call paypal and tell them your a foreign exchange student so you don't have any ssn#?

i think we can figure this out....

are us citizens REQUIRED to have a SSN#? if not, we can tell paypal we do not have a SSN# and see what other methods they will accept....
Old 02-15-2009

Longevity: 88%
Default Social Security number & Paypal

I spoke with a Paypal rep yesterday and she told me I had to supply a ss# because they like to know who they are doing business with. She informed me that there was no way around this. This happened because my account had a high risk although I have no negs and 5 stars on everything. I am also suppose to send receipts and tracking info as well. My money is locked up and I sure hope after 180 days they don't "send a check" because I will not ever get it.
Old 02-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

If you check the forums there are other answers to your question here. Keep calling and demand another way to verify because youre not comfortable giving your ssn out. Ask for a supervisor if you have to.

superstealth=theraider?
Old 02-16-2009

Longevity: 89%

There are ways around it. You HAVE to keep calling and insisting that there are other ways around it. It is illegal for them to demand your SSN for YOUR money
Old 02-16-2009

Longevity: 93%

All the more reason to keep accounts small. Never run too much through one account!
Old 02-16-2009

Default Paypal and ss#

Paypal is adamant on SS#. I spoke to someone extensively today and they said there is "no way" around it. I even said I didn't have the number or card and it didn't matter. I am on my way to 180 days. She also informed me that soon after Paypal goes down ebay will go down because of the relationship they have together. I just read Stealth and I am just thankful for it. If anyone has had similar issues let me know.
Old 02-16-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey View Post
Paypal is adamant on SS#. I spoke to someone extensively today and they said there is "no way" around it. I even said I didn't have the number or card and it didn't matter. I am on my way to 180 days. She also informed me that soon after Paypal goes down ebay will go down because of the relationship they have together. I just read Stealth and I am just thankful for it. If anyone has had similar issues let me know.
i wonder if you can tell them that your an exchange student without a SS#, or ask to speak to supervisor on duty.
Old 02-16-2009
MU

Longevity: 92%

There are ways around it. keep demanding and complian to BBB and attorney general.
Old 02-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Try again... hopefully you will speak with somone differnt
Old 02-16-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
There are ways around it. keep demanding and complian to BBB and attorney general.
i'm assuming you have paypal but were able to circumvent the ss# requirement?
Old 02-16-2009

Default Paypal SS#

I asked the lady what they do when someone literally does not have a ss# and she said they ask for a Passport. I told her fine I will get her the passport and she informed me that they will still require the ss# along with the passport. I then asked to speak with her supervisor which was pretty much the same. I told her that wasn't right holding my money ransom for a ss#. She said "you signed a contract with Paypal in the beginning stating that it was ok". Whatever! Anyhoo, I will keep you guys informed, but right now, it's payback time!
Old 02-16-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I asked the lady what they do when someone literally does not have a ss# and she said they ask for a Passport. I told her fine I will get her the passport and she informed me that they will still require the ss# along with the passport. I then asked to speak with her supervisor which was pretty much the same. I told her that wasn't right holding my money ransom for a ss#. She said "you signed a contract with Paypal in the beginning stating that it was ok". Whatever! Anyhoo, I will keep you guys informed, but right now, it's payback time!
keep us posted.
thanks
Old 02-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateem View Post
There are ways around it. You HAVE to keep calling and insisting that there are other ways around it. It is illegal for them to demand your SSN for YOUR money
You are incorrect. Read their terms of service carefully. They have covered themselves well in this matter.

Neither demanding or insisting will get any result with paypal. A little sweet talking, a lot of persuasion will work better.
Old 02-24-2009

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post

are us citizens REQUIRED to have a SSN#? if not, we can tell paypal we do not have a SSN# and see what other methods they will accept....
Hello my first post here.
According to the Social Security Administration there are quite few groups of people in the USA who do not have SS#'s, and the first group that I can recall are the Amish. So "no" american's are not required to have the number.

However a business such as Paypal has the right to institute any policy
they choose as long as it isn't discriminatory.

What is the issue with having a SS#?
Are you trying to avoid paying taxes?

Word of caution: PayPal has a direct line to the FBI and IRS and bend over backwards to co-operate with them.
PP turns people into the Fed's in huge numbers.
I was a member of an email forum a couple years ago, and PayPal turned in close to 100 members for suspicious activities resulting in a variety of legal problems.

I think there are only two solutions for the ss# requirement.
#1. Use your own
#2. Use someone else's.

But, #2. Is identity theft and definite jail time. Definitely not worth it.

Never ever ever leave money in PayPal.
Old 02-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser View Post
According to the Social Security Administration there are quite few groups of people in the USA who do not have SS#'s, and the first group that I can recall are the Amish. So "no" american's are not required to have the number.

Word of caution: PayPal has a direct line to the FBI and IRS and bend over backwards to co-operate with them.
I was a member of an email forum a couple years ago, and PayPal turned in close to 100 members for suspicious activities resulting in a variety of legal problems.

#1. Use your own
#2. Use someone else's.

I don't think PayPal would buy that we're Amish.
Old 02-24-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser View Post

#1. Use your own
#2. Use someone else's.

Sounds like a bunch of bunk to me. I don't think the FBI is looking to go after
people trying to sell on eBay as long as fraud is not committed.
Giving a false or no SSN is not fraud it is simply giving false information to a business and if no fraud is intended or done the FBI could give a sh#t.

Quite frankly, I don't like the assumption you make that people are trying to get away with not paying taxes.

What email group are you taking about and how do you know the FBI was contacted about them and for what? And how do you know it was hundreds of people.
Old 02-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post

Tried the BBB..They realsed the 180 day hold(thats all I wanted anyways)

Didnt bother taken it to the AG..I think somone in the AG's office may find it alarming that a company is saying "We no long want to do business with you, but we will hold on to your financial information and SS#)
Old 02-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

i dont believe it...

The FBI is overwhelmed with claims of identity theft (one of the fastest growing crimes in the US)

i doubt they are going to listen to paypal (who isnt fdic insured) who consider withdrawing your own money "suspicious"....

Maybe the names of those who were involved in a fraud case may have been turned in to the fbi but i doubt its in the hundreds and i highly doubt it will get the fbi anywhere....
Old 02-24-2009
Banned

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by super stealth View Post
ohhh boy , i just got hit with ss# inquiry today for withdrawing $900 over the weekend. I knew better but i thought i was above all of that. Delusions of Grainger i guess from my new GOLD POWERSELLER status . What a waste. Although they are letting me withdraw money out. I have a feeling this is the begining of the end for this account so i canceled all my auctions and am going to wait it out. Hopefully ill find some info on it . Maybe modee will see this and offer to take my money for some answers ...... -0"""""
You probably got the ssn inquiry for some other reason not for withdrawing the $900.