Should I be unbanned on eBay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk

Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk VeRO, Seller Non Performance, Trademark misuse, 7-Day Suspension, MC999, New Account Limitations, Non-Payment, Abusing eBay and Whatever else eBay comes up with.

Old 08-10-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Should I be unbanned on eBay?

Heres the story and I think we should be unbanned.

In 2016 we had 2 eBay accounts, 1 main one that did over 250k+ revenue in 6 months and the 2nd one that we're really not sure why it was opened that only did $1000 usd a year. I guess an employee listed a few items on the secondary account and got top rated seller, but we never kept up with the account and it got 1-3 defects for cases closed which went unnoticed and got us perm ban on it 8 months later. We received a notification on eBay on our main account when we went to list an item and it said we were banned, we called eBay and they unbanned us immediately. We got off the phone and tried to list/alter products but had the same issue, we even got the ebay message saying we were unbanned and that our limits went from 0 to 1 million, back to where it was. We called in again and they said well you're perm banned go to amazon. Got off the phone tried a few more times and they said the same thing, You're banned, go to Amazon. Well I stopped checking eBay but suddenly a few weeks later, I get some notifications saying I was selling products still? I shipped them out.(obviously shipped them late because why would I keep up with my selling account if I was banned from selling). Called eBay they said you're banned you can't sell so I just tried to remove the listings or alter them and nothing worked. So over a course of 3 months after the Ban, then unban, then rep told me I was banned, the account went to below standard and got me perm banned again because I couldn't alter things to ensure the account stayed at top rated seller. I've called in here and there over the past few years to see if we can get back on to sell and I got new information that the whole reason why were were banned and that we can't appeal for reinstatement was that they evaluated our account based on the 3 months after I was unbanned, even though the rep told me I was banned and when I was showing them I was unbanned on my account. I'm very upset that A) the secondary account caused this issue, which the defects were ALL buyer remorse/fraudulent buyers AND they could have been appealed (multiple representatives didn't want to help) and B) Our account was given the 2nd chance or got appealed but was still banned and they said we couldn't sell anymore and that they evaluated our account based on the performance after the 2nd chance but we couldn't add/change/alter listings.

I'm not sure what to do, they keep contradicting themselves and making up excuses about why we were really banned. Any policy or info anyone can shed, I'm trying to get to the bottom of this because I know for a fact that this shouldn't have been a perm ban.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-10-2019
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Should I be unbanned on eBay?

Also ebay still owes us from over paying on eBay fees, which we've never brought up but not sure if that's a breach in their contract?
Old 08-11-2019

Longevity: 32%
Send a message via Skype™ to jas

Unfortunately when you signup with eBay you agree to their terms and conditions. Part of that means they can do whatever the hell they want with no explanation.

Once they have banned an account its very rare for that to be overturned. When you speak to the call centre those staff have no real power to make serious account changes.

Jas's VCC Store HERE
Old 08-11-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Given your volume, I think it's time for a new LLC/corp and EIN. That would be enough to be a new unlinkable eBay identity. It would take you several months to build an account to where your old one was, but it's not all that hard. You could have a new account doing reasonably well by Christmas if you start now.
Old 08-11-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Given your volume, I think it's time for a new LLC/corp and EIN. That would be enough to be a new unlinkable eBay identity. It would take you several months to build an account to where your old one was, but it's not all that hard. You could have a new account doing reasonably well by Christmas if you start now.
Well I have done that for the past 2 years and have been fine, only issue is that:

A) I just want my name cleared haha

B) PayPal is asking for who are the beneficial owners for the business. We were never banned on PayPal and the name on the stealth PayPal is a nickname for one of the beneficial owners so we were unsure if that would link to eBay or not? I made another thread on the PayPal discussion page. I would directly link you but I’m on my phone, but there’s more info about that situation I’m dealing with now.
Old 08-11-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Unfortunately when you signup with eBay you agree to their terms and conditions. Part of that means they can do whatever the hell they want with no explanation.

Once they have banned an account its very rare for that to be overturned. When you speak to the call centre those staff have no real power to make serious account changes.
Yeah that’s what I thought, I’m just going to keep digging. Well if a regular rep unbanned us then I don’t see why we can’t find that one rep who will haha. I believe in chances.
Old 08-11-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxTx View Post
Yeah that’s what I thought, I’m just going to keep digging. Well if a regular rep unbanned us then I don’t see why we can’t find that one rep who will haha. I believe in chances.
It is worth it to try different reps - some are way better than others
Old 08-23-2019

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

you said after you are banned,you got some orders and you shipped.
how is that possible,I thought when you are banned,all your listings are removed?