Vero Workarounds... VERO Work Arounds - How to get around / avoid VERO! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk

Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk VeRO, Seller Non Performance, Trademark misuse, 7-Day Suspension, MC999, New Account Limitations, Non-Payment, Abusing eBay and Whatever else eBay comes up with.

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default Vero Workarounds... VERO Work Arounds - How to get around / avoid VERO!

Hi there,

I'm a bookseller in eBay. I sell international edition of textbook.
However, eBay just email to me that my listing has violate to "Cengage Learning" (which is the publisher of the book) trademark.

Then today, I just got another email directly from "Cengage Learning"

Here is their message :
"It has come to our attention that you are offering for sale, and selling into the US, Cengage Learning International Editions on the eBay.com. Many of these International Editions, which are identified in Exhibit A below, are published outside the US, bear various Cengage Learning trademarks and are materially different versions of the US editions on which they are based, and are intended for sale only into certain restricted territories and not intended for sale in the US."

Any idea how to solve this problem ? tricky way?
I used to sell the international textbook for 2 years (and other merchant too) I never found this issue before.

Please suggest any idea for me, I don't want to be suspended.

Thanks in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to aimelie For This Useful Post:
Beyondthet (10-26-2019)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-06-2007

Longevity: 95%

HI- I know on AMazon.com, there are many book sellers.. I have never sold books myself (i dont like to read,though...)- well, maybe Daniele Steel but thats it., AMazon has openings in the book category for selles as of aboutr 2 weeks ago.,. Good Luck
Old 12-07-2007
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
AMazon has openings in the book category for selles as of aboutr 2 weeks ago.,. Good Luck
Thank you for your kind, but did you mean that Amazon open to international edition for sell? Because I used to sells the international edition in Amazon but they suspended me (I think Amazon is strictly prohibited international edition more than eBay).

The only website I found it legal for sell international edition is Abebook but I think eBay has high traffic than Abebook, so I want to continue selling on eBay.
Old 12-23-2007

Default Vero Workarounds... VERO Work Arounds - How to get around / avoid VERO!

Hi-
Heres an apparent workaround for those of you selling Vero items.
I have noticed several Seasoned Sellers finding ways to avoid the watch dogs..
Take this item: 190184531276
It is a BLANK paper,,,, wholesale cost $20-- this seller has bidded up to $330 already..
He has:
a.) Placed a diff photo in the gallery--thus avoiding the Gibney + Assoc photo browsing
b.) NOT listed in the Jewelry/watches/wristwatches category--but a diff category
>> IF Rolex usa does not take the vero down, then ebay would have with their "Encouraging" policy..
This Seller has avoided BOTH.. You can use these SAME principals for your LEGIT items, that the Vero owners just dont want in the publics hands..
The Following User Says Thank You to ebayhateluv For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (02-20-2010)
Old 12-23-2007

Longevity: 94%

He used: Jewelry & Watches > Designer Brands > Other
Also items 200186262710 200186263146 200186264938
But you still have to to have an undependable account to list the word Rolex
Old 12-24-2007

hmm ill try this.
Old 12-26-2007

Default Hey hateluv

can you explain "Vero Items", would these be items that violate Vero (bad), or items that can potentially be percieved as violating Vero but in fact do not violate Vero (not bad.)

I've had a temp suspension for something to with Vero violation... but the items were completely authentic... (it was some DavidOff and CK (i think the other one was CK) afershaves) In detail, could you explain how this is avoided?

----
edit HAH Sorry, I didn't read the first thing properly, I see LEGIT now, leaving the above text as a memorial to not paying attention, and then making yourself look stupid. But seriously, why on earth is this stuff going on? Surely theres something VERY wrong with it all? I don't like being suspended.
Old 12-27-2007

vero = brand name, ANY brand
Old 12-27-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
Hi-
Take this item: 190184531276
it ended at US $1,654.36 .. for a piece of paper? or is there a rolex hiding somewhere?
Old 12-27-2007

vero is so stupid. i once had an item up, designer and completely authentic...and it got taken down by the rights owner.

So, i took a picture of the receipt, wrote them 3 letters to get it reinstated and the strike removed from my account. they finally did it after 2 weeks.

I relisted it and it was taken down again, once again i had to complete the process.

Long story short, vero basically got my account suspended over authentic items because of vero strikes. It wasnt even worth it to keep fighting. Stupid vero.
Old 12-28-2007

NO, That was just a BLANK Certificate.. Theres a Whole lot of Money in Vintage Rolex + Patek items.,
I for one have been buying them for over 3 years now, BUT...they are real hard to resell, unless you get lucky.. Up unitl last October, you could list aas many as you wanted, then they started with the listing of 75% of volume, etc.
It was the Tiffany Lawsuit that hit Ebay hard...
Old 12-28-2007

why would somone pay 1600 for a certificate? to sell with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ watch?
Old 12-28-2007

hi-not everything I buy I resell. My dad bought stuff just to admire-look at - collect. Some things we've paid 2-3x their value just cause its so scarce. Never bought blank certifs...so no knowledge there. But an old Daytona box-in decent shape..from the 70's-cost new $50. Now-used $450+.just for the empty box..Patek boxes-have paid over $1k for one...just to sit it on my nightstand...
Old 12-31-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 1%

i think they want to manufacture more ⊗⊗⊗⊗ certs from this original certificate. But the thing here is his title still has the word ROLEX. I think we can get away with vero items as long as we dont sell it as brand new with tags. If we list them as used or a "part" of the product, can we get away with listing them? Has anyone try this yet?
Old 01-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Notice the guy that bought it now sells Rolex watches...
Old 01-02-2008

Longevity: 96%
Question VERO - The new ebay evil - Lets try to beat it !!

Hi all,

you may have seen a few recent posts I've had to do with this new Vero bulls*it that ebay seem to be rolling out via what it appears to be a completly random automated system. Now like any system it has to be programmed and unless it is AI (they could afford it the greedy robbing ebay ****ers) which i doubt, then it will be working to a set of pre determined rules. So what may appear to be random is probably not and thus can be beaten. Now what I want to achive with this thread is a general concessus of what is happening to people in relation to vero. What I don't want is pie in sky rubbish, the well I think this is happening or that is happening sh*t. I want as much as possible to be built on solid facts. I am particularly insterested in members who have had non vero items taking out i.e. items which don't violate vero specifically, these tend to get the Vero email which does not state a vero owner. Input from others is fine, but I would like to try to at least address the sellers on here who are getting vero'ed for items that should not be getting vero'ed at all. Maybe if we crack that it will also help the listing of more dubious items but what I'm primarily interesed in is items which are getting done by this randon non vero spcific system. Some keys questions which if answered could help:

1) What categories were you items listed in?(we can then see if it is category heavy or specific)

2) What items were taken out?(in my case it was photos, montages and mosaics)

3) How many veros did you get before suspension?(in my cases had 3 lots before suspension on the 4th)

4) Did you have the same titles and descroptions each time or did you amend them to then get them taken out again?

5) Was a powerseller or established big seller in the same market and is he/she still trading? (in my case yes and yes)

6) Was your account less than 30 day old, 30 - 90 days, 90 - 360 or 360+ days old (mine was 30 - 90 days)

7) How many positive feedbacks did you have less than 10, 10 - 100, 100 - 50, 500 - 1000, 1000+ (I had 10 - 100)

I think this can get us started as we can maybe start to narrow down what the system is looking for, obviously it is up to people to reveal as much as they want, but I think if we can gather as much information as possible we can then start to disect it and look at possible ways around it. Hopefull aspkin can include it in an ebook if we can get some positive stuff from this.

Thanks for your time and hopefully we will beat the monster we made !!!!!!
Old 01-17-2008

Default Vero Work Arounds

I have been a good student of this site for about 2 months now. Tried opening an account using the method and that one got shut down. But I know why!

I just opened one two days ago and slowly walking it to maturity. The thing is that when I get it past 30 days --- I need to make some money.

Now, I don't cheat people or anything like that. I will be honest and say that I sell a very profitable vero item. I make like $200 on each sale. If I can sell 10 per week I would be a very satified camper.

I know selling vero is bad - but the reality is - that is a part of eBays culture and the people who buy - they know what time it is. No way you gonna get $1000 merchandise for $300!

I was just wanting to know if anyone here has a thought about selling vero as "refurbished" - just to get around the VERO cops????
Old 01-18-2008

u probably sell purses right?

basically what i found is have as many ebay/paypal accounts as you can possible create, then list 1 vero item per week per account.
works for me
Old 01-18-2008

I've got info--- let me ask you a question- as I have not been able to keep 1 item up for more than 1 day--sometimes 3 days, then killed ..
How would you go about listing a Rolex Dealers Showroom Display clock?
FUNNY THING--
a.) ebay is o.k. with the clocks, but Rolex takes them down- says not allowed in the publics hands
b.) Empty vintage rolex boxes, Rolex is ok with--EBay does not allow--says people are gonna place ⊗⊗⊗⊗ watches in them??
Old 01-20-2008

Default Vero Work Arounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivegotinfo View Post

basically what i found is have as many ebay/paypal accounts as you can possible create, then list 1 vero item per week per account.
works for me
Hi Ivegotinfo,

No I don't sell purses. Never tried it. And no, it is not clothing. I am having a hard time just getting and keeping one account open - let alone multiple. That is why I am on here trying to learn.

I now have one account that I opened two weeks now. I am not doing any selling yet - will wait for the 30 days to go by. I have purchased one item for $16 so far. Now I will just purchase a couple other things over the next couple weeks.

I am having DSL installed so I can get the changing IP address - then after I have one good account I will see if I can replicate the process and add account.

I have also started selling on Amazon and then they froze me for 30 days - but if that works out I technically have two selling account. The goal is 5 pcs. per week. on each account.

Other than purses - I am looking around to see if I can sell some other decent money makers that aren't too risky. Any ideas?
Old 01-20-2008

Default What about the Vero Sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivegotinfo View Post

works for me

Is anyone doing well with this kind of stuff?
Old 01-22-2008

Seems the Older, Experienced Sellers finding ways around Veros-- Look at this rolex box-- NO PHOTO again...300191719999, ( I have sold this same box for $600), new.