Made an oops.... will I be ok? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-21-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Made an oops.... will I be ok?

I regularly access my buyers account from my phone (not using the app).

However, I also receive my emails from my stealth account to my phone.
Made a bit of an error when I was reading a stealth message via my email app. My finger genuinely slips and clicks the link in the email, which of course takes me directly to eBay. Just the homepage, didn't ask me to sign in.

I immediately cleared the pages and deleted the history.

But now I'm concerned I've created a link with the device I use to access my buyers account and clicking a link in a stealth message using the same device.

Am I doomed?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-21-2017

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 45%
Default Re: Made an oops.... will I be ok?

Not sure if there is a clear answer for this. I have done the same thing more than once. One time allowing pics.

I did the same as you clearing everything I could think of. Months have passed and nothing has happened yet.

So far the only action I take is once I receive one negative feedback, I build a replacement account for that one just in case. But this is only what I do and I don't claim to be an expert so take from it only what you want. My goal is to make a new account every month but it hasn't been working out too well for me. The accounts I have now keep me too busy.
Old 05-22-2017

Longevity: 63%

I've also done that few times. No linking so far. I think they can not link you unless you sign in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2017

Longevity: 56%

I think you'll be ok - friends let friends use their phones to look at eBay under different accounts. It will be a 'soft' link, nothing that will be investigated unless your up to no good on that account.

Just don't do it again. Multiple times will start to raise some alarm bells or make links.
Old 05-22-2017

Longevity: 50%

Done it so many times before
Youll be fine dont do it again
Old 05-22-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Made a bit of an error when I was reading a stealth message via my email app. My finger genuinely slips and clicks the link in the email, which of course takes me directly to eBay. Just the homepage, didn't ask me to sign in.
After accessing your buyers account on ebay, do you delete the browsers data (i.e. cookies etc.)? If yes, then when you accidentally clicked the link, then you should be ok.

If after accessing buyer account you dont delete browsing data, and you've clicked this link, then there may be a soft link.

For the most part, you wont notice if its linked or not until one gets suspended. I'd say your ok, just dont do it again.
Old 05-22-2017

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
After accessing your buyers account on ebay, do you delete the browsers data (i.e. cookies etc.)? If yes, then when you accidentally clicked the link, then you should be ok.

If after accessing buyer account you dont delete browsing data, and you've clicked this link, then there may be a soft link.

For the most part, you wont notice if its linked or not until one gets suspended. I'd say your ok, just dont do it again.
Theres my echo again
The Following User Says Thank You to wired For This Useful Post:
Bunneh (05-22-2017)