anyone put business use on home insurance? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-15-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default anyone put business use on home insurance?

So was getting new quote for home insurance, as they hiked mine up way too much per year...

does anyone state business use on home insurance, eg. working from home for ecommerce?

Old 02-16-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: anyone put business use on home insurance?

Of course. I work from home.

For the UK, check your insurance for how many hours work they expect you to do.

Old 02-16-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

It is not so much the hours, as the type of work. If you came to my home, you would not know a business is run from there......

I guess if you are making stuff, or have special equipment specific to the work, eg. label printers or machines. Or liability if people/customers visit.
but for ebay and amazon? it is same computer I would have anyway for personal use.

Not sure if I should pay double premiums, to insure, a label printer, and a bunch of envelopes/boxes....

Only thing is stock but for me, I keep very little in stock, and reorder often, so if I do not want to claim for it, I do not see the why I should pay extra premiums, as if I am running some big conveyor belt, fire-risk baking business or wotnot

can anyone point out a reason (apart from stock) why it should be business use for amazon/ebay/ecommerce etc? Just checking, as maybe I am missing something.

Also, if insurance found out (not sure how but) that ecommerce was being run from home, would it invalidate the personal part of the home insurance eg. personal stuff? Due to not not mentioning it.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 02-16-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-25-2020

Longevity: 24%

I just wanted to ask a few questions regarding insurance. I am new to small business and have never done this before. The fact is that my father decided to give me the company for temporary management in order to see how good I am a businessman. He went on vacation to Bali and now I need help. My father has a small business, or more precisely, a small construction company that is engaged in the repair of premises and the construction of small garages. I would like to know if I should take out commercial builders risk insurance and spend money on it or is it better to save them. What do you think?
Old 02-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcool View Post
I just wanted to ask a few questions regarding insurance. I am new to small business and have never done this before. The fact is that my father decided to give me the company for temporary management in order to see how good I am a businessman. He went on vacation to Bali and now I need help. My father has a small business, or more precisely, a small construction company that is engaged in the repair of premises and the construction of small garages. I would like to know if I should take out commercial builders risk insurance and spend money on it or is it better to save them. What do you think?
Ask you father?
Old 02-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcool View Post
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth