Tethering on mobile + IP not 'crucially' important? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-15-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Tethering on mobile + IP not 'crucially' important?

I wanted to clear something up that I am a little confused about...

Mobile tethering... I need to be less worried about sharing IP's between accounts?
Reasoning: so many other users will be using the same IP's as you to connect to ebay.

Correct?

If I have a tethered connection... this is what you SHOULD NOT DO:

Log in and out of 20 of your accounts. Since this would raise the suspicion levels of evil ebay - though not be entirely enough for connecting (in theory). (IMPORTANT: you still have to follow all other measures mentioned in the Stealth Book.)

Better would be:

Connect to one account. Restart mobile to get a new IP. And then connect to a second account. Do the same for all other accounts. This takes 1.5 minutes time say wasted in waiting for mobile reboot - but this is better practice?

Paypal: why is IP important to them? I thought they were not connected to ebay? Others have said they are more strict. Why so? How so?

OR... I am I getting it wrong? You MUST MUST avoid using same IP on 2 accounts?

Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-15-2018

Longevity: 73%
Default Re: Tethering on mobile + IP not 'crucially' important?

You should avoid IP duplicates if possible, whether tethering or not.

PP cares. They're handling your money. They watch everything.

Caution and care are a way of life in this business.
Old 04-15-2018

Longevity: 35%

Never use the same Dongle on multiple accounts. Made that mistake in my younger days. One dongle per account...running 20 accounts though, pretty major dongle assortment. I run 5 at a time so I can have a different network dongle on each account. Safest you can get.

eBay where never that bothered about multiple accounts through the same dongle - but as Dallis mentioned, PayPal will close you down faster than Riciarrdo just took out Botas.
Old 04-15-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authority View Post
Never use the same Dongle on multiple accounts. Made that mistake in my younger days. One dongle per account...running 20 accounts though, pretty major dongle assortment. I run 5 at a time so I can have a different network dongle on each account. Safest you can get.

eBay where never that bothered about multiple accounts through the same dongle - but as Dallis mentioned, PayPal will close you down faster than Riciarrdo just took out Botas.
How can tbis be true how PayPal or any one track you for same dongle on multiple accounts?

Mac address is not readable and no other way for PayPal or anyone to findout same dongle used on multiple accounts
Old 04-15-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 81%

They can't track dongles or phones. If you have a dongle then just pull it out and stick it back in again (Oh er missus!) or if you are tethering turn off mobile Internet and turn on again.

Thats assuming your Internet provider gives dynamic IP
e2free (04-15-2018)
Old 04-16-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 38%

Thanks for the replies guys.
My point still stands: you might keep IP's apart.
But then John Smith could be 1 mile away doing the same thing as you - and end up sharing IP's.

I don't see how Paypal can be more fussy?

BUT I don't want to test the system. I will do as you guys all say. I will use different IP's per account. Don't want to jeopardise in anyway.
Old 04-16-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
so many other users will be using the same IP's as you to connect to ebay.
Sure. But if you logout of one account, and login to your next account, and then your next account, and the remaining accounts... you think the same IP wont matter because everyone else is using it? of course it could potentially link your accounts. Similarly, when reusing IPs, its a good idea to keep track just to make sure you don't reuse same IPs over multiple accounts.

A few overlaps in IPs here and there with tethering I can't see being a big problem. But if you do it consistently, and there are lots of IPs that match between your accounts, it could pose an issue.

Better to stay safe, especially if you're planning to grow these accounts.

If IP is too big a deal for you, perhaps consider using a VPN with a dedicated Fresh IP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
e2free (04-16-2018), starengine (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authority View Post

Nope, they cannot tell you're using the same dongle or not. But having two dongles, with the same network provider isn't going to make a difference, so ensure you change the network provider too if you are going to dedicate one dongle/sim to one account, so you dont record IPs.

Also note - many networks are mobile virtual network operators (MVNO), so take that into account.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
starengine (04-16-2018)