Hermes return address on label - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-15-2018

Activity: 15%
Longevity: 70%
Default Hermes return address on label

Went overseas for awhile, after coming back made my first sale, I ship with hermes, I notice a change with hermes, the return address (real address) will be printed on the label, it just used to be on the insert slip which I never put in the package, I just threw it away, but now the return address is on the label itself. Im wondering if there is a risk for stealth account in this regards. I do have a stealth address, but thats just for returns, and if you change your return address for hermes it also means they will collect from that address (which im never at-5 miles away) unless I need to pick up a return. So any ideas? Parcel2go says the same thing if you go through them , yet to test it though. The only option is to put in the stealth address and make it a drop off with hermes, which might pose a problem with my late delivery %. So like I said, any risk having real return address on hermes label? Any advise? Thanks as always
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-15-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Hermes return address on label

Just to clarify, your using a hermes account under your own details (not stealth). So the returns address being printed on the shipping labels is your address (not stealth).

If your asking if this is of concern, then no, because only your buyer would see this, not eBay. In fact it's better since your correct returns address is on the label, so it would actually get returned to you as oppose to stealth address should there be any issues in transit.

Hope that answers your question.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
ebabe (05-16-2018)
Old 05-16-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Despite the returns address being printed on the Hermes label, I still get buyers asking where to return their 'changed mind', 'doesn't fit' items to. I tell them it's on the label but confirm the address anyway and usually get the response that they threw the packaging away!

As I have access to the returns addresses on my accounts I have each linked to its own Hermes account and pay with pp too. It works for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to LOMBOK For This Useful Post:
ebabe (05-16-2018)
Old 05-16-2018
Threadstarter  

Yes PLAY, thats correct, real info on hermes. I guess Im just wonder if the buyer would see a mismatch of addresses , the one on ebay listing (business stealth address) and the one on the label. If ever a buyer would voice a concern I guess one could always make an excuse why a seller would have two different address, im I correct in saying that on ebay a seller is allowed to have a business address and a return address that is different.
Old 05-16-2018
MU

Longevity: 82%

I doubt they will care as long as they get the item within the same time it would take to get it from the advertised address.

And you are correct that a business and return address can be different. Many legitimate businesses run like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
ebabe (05-16-2018), ebaystealth1974 (05-16-2018)
Old 05-16-2018
Threadstarter  

what about if the parcel is going to a GSP, Unit ? is that apart of ebay, or just a third party?
Old 05-16-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebabe View Post
what about if the parcel is going to a GSP, Unit ? is that apart of ebay, or just a third party?
Even then I don't think it would be a concern.

a - so many parcels going through GSP, they don't have time to look at returns addresses, or make note of it.

b - lots of drop shippers on ebay, so you're not going to be the only one with a mistmatch

c - if its still a cause for concern, just use tippex to cover returns address.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
ebabe (05-16-2018)
Old 05-17-2018
Executive [VIP]

You can, of course, just delete the collection/return details you have stored in your Hermes account settings if you wish. Then there would be no return address printed on the label.
Old 05-17-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOMBOK View Post
You can, of course, just delete the collection/return details you have stored in your Hermes account settings if you wish. Then there would be no return address printed on the label.
No, in order to have a collection you need to provide a return address, and they will also collect from the return address, even for drop off they now require a return address. I dont think its a big deal from what PLAY as stated, But we should have the right not to have our address plastered everywhere if we dont want to. Alot of nuts out there too ,thats a whole other subject
Old 05-17-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
even for drop off they now require a return address.
You do not need a collection address to drop off at a parcelshop. I have new eb account that I have just started selling on and have booked some Hermes drop offs with the linked account. There is no return address on the labels and after checking in the Hermes account settings, I do not have an address in there.

If you use the courier collection option, then your address will be shown as the Hermes setting is collection/return address. There is no option there to have separate collection and return addresses. Something I think Hermes should look into doing.
Old 05-17-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

the address comes in 2 halves, can be cut/separate.... so you can put your own return address label if you want. Or no return label.
Old 05-17-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
the address comes in 2 halves, can be cut/separate.... so you can put your own return address label if you want. Or no return label.
Yes, I know what your taking about,but its changed now...the return address is on the label. I could always omit the house num, but I dont want them to reject the package either or have a problem, ill have to test it out.
Old 05-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

The only way they will reject your parcel is if there is a problem with the label. If the barcode does not scan then the number below it can be entered manually. When I drop my parcels at the parcelshop, I take them straight out to the back storeroom and scan them there myself. I have a great business relationship with the owner and have other arrangements with him.
The Following User Says Thank You to LOMBOK For This Useful Post:
ebabe (05-18-2018)
Old 05-20-2018
Threadstarter  

I just printed off a delivery label with P2G, not on the Hermes dedicated site. The return address does show up, but its on the very bottom of the label, so makes it easy just to cut it off. Collection for tomorrow, so ill keep an eye on it and see how it goes.
Old 05-23-2018

Quote:
I just printed off a delivery label with P2G, not on the Hermes dedicated site. The return address does show up, but its on the very bottom of the label, so makes it easy just to cut it off. Collection for tomorrow, so ill keep an eye on it and see how it goes.
Should be fine. The only issue with not having a returns address is, if something happens in transit and it needs to be returned to sender, it won't get back to you. But otherwise you're good to go!